lyons, il politics
Fraud

Tinley Park, IL

#7857 Aug 27, 2013
The bigger picture here is the fact the Sun Times pointed out that the company hired to do the roof job isn't a legitimate business- doesn't exist! That's where the fraud is! Can't wait till April 2015!!!
update on district roof wrote:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/m etro/22170834-418/lyons-school -district-board-may-audit-roof -job-tied-to-hardware-store.ht ml
Taxpayers United

United States

#7858 Aug 27, 2013
Fraud wrote:
The bigger picture here is the fact the Sun Times pointed out that the company hired to do the roof job isn't a legitimate business- doesn't exist! That's where the fraud is! Can't wait till April 2015!!!
<quoted text>
Only corporations are listed on Jesse White's website...What's really strange is that I couldn't find mention of the roof job in SD 103 Board meeting minutes for 2012 posted on their website...of course, the approved minutes for some meetings appear to be missing. Have to check again tomorrow to be sure, of course. Could have missed it, I guess. Haven't gotten to 2013 minutes, yet. Maybe it's there.
Money

Lyons, IL

#7859 Aug 28, 2013
Taxpayers United wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in 2009. Not in 2011.
BTW, while not one individual on SD 103 Board received any $$$ in campaign contributions from Lembke (Sun Times article) UCP party sure did. Wonder how much business the VOL has given them since 2009? And how much did they receive before they started contributing to UCP?
Your blaming UCP for purchasing at Hardware Store. How do you know if they recieved any money. Think they would tell you. Are you nuts.

Since: Aug 13

Riverside, IL

#7860 Aug 28, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blaming UCP for purchasing at Hardware Store. How do you know if they recieved any money. Think they would tell you. Are you nuts.
Real easy to check who contributed all you have to do is check with David Orr's site. That's were I discovered that Reliable contributed to both the UCP and Citizens for Getty which he then gave to himself as rent. Real easy to use as influence in ignoring infractions or suggesting to people that it would be helpful to use certain businesses.
A Must READ

Forest Park, IL

#7861 Aug 29, 2013
Taxpayers United

United States

#7862 Aug 29, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Try looking under campaign contributions on the Illinois State Board of elections website. That's how we know!
Money

Lyons, IL

#7863 Aug 30, 2013
Fraud wrote:
<quoted text>
wouldn't the business have to be registered with the Village of Stickney. Would the school need a permit. Maybe it was never bid.
No Money

Forest Park, IL

#7864 Aug 30, 2013
http://www.suntimes.com/22087419-761/question...

School board member's comments about the school
being broke and the hardware store was there for them ??

What is that supposed to mean? And, just when did
was School District without money ???

This is a bigger issue to some !
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7865 Aug 30, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
wouldn't the business have to be registered with the Village of Stickney. Would the school need a permit. Maybe it was never bid.
Funny - when I had a new roof put on, I had to have a permit and the contractor had to be registered with the village, be licensed and insured. So how does this get done without any oversight? Wouldn't be a thank you for the contribution, would it?
Taxpayers United

United States

#7866 Aug 30, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
High school in Crystal Lake is currently fighting with that municipality over 50 foot high bleachers erected next to residences sans municipal approval. That school district is contending that they are exempt from municipal zoning/permitting requirements. Guess we may have to wait and see what the courts decide.

One thing, though, that SD 103 is NOT exempt from complying with is the Illinois School Code.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7867 Aug 30, 2013
http://www.rblandmark.com/News/Articles/8-27-...

Could purpose of this leak to Sun Times be to "demonstrate" why Township School Treasurer's Office is "necessary"? If so, it's certainly generating LOTS of probably unintended consequences. But that's probably going to be a good thing...for taxpayers, that is.
More money

Burbank, IL

#7868 Aug 30, 2013
I saw that too...sounds like her hand has been in the cookie jar for some time... She probably has been shopping at Ace on the taxpayer dime. But hey, they don't need to conduct an audit because if they do, looks like a couple board members will have to actually start paying for their home improvements!!! Crook county at its best
No Money wrote:
http://www.suntimes.com/220874 19-761/questions-raised-again- over-berwyn-hardware-stores-lu crative-government-business.ht ml
School board member's comments about the school
being broke and the hardware store was there for them ??
What is that supposed to mean? And, just when did
was School District without money ???
This is a bigger issue to some !
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7869 Aug 30, 2013
Taxpayers United wrote:
<quoted text>
High school in Crystal Lake is currently fighting with that municipality over 50 foot high bleachers erected next to residences sans municipal approval. That school district is contending that they are exempt from municipal zoning/permitting requirements. Guess we may have to wait and see what the courts decide.
One thing, though, that SD 103 is NOT exempt from complying with is the Illinois School Code.
Yeah - it is possible that schools are exempt from local codes...they were exempt from local fire coded, as I recall...
No Money

Forest Park, IL

#7870 Aug 31, 2013
More money wrote:
I saw that too...sounds like her hand has been in the cookie jar for some time... She probably has been shopping at Ace on the taxpayer dime. But hey, they don't need to conduct an audit because if they do, looks like a couple board members will have to actually start paying for their home improvements!!! Crook county at its best
<quoted text>
I didn't see it the way you spin it...but you have a right to your
spin.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7871 Aug 31, 2013
Still can't find in the SD 103 Board meeting minutes where the Board approved hiring Lempke's/A-1/whatever to start work on the Edison School roof project budgeted at $36,000. Can anyone help me here?

And if the school board didn't approve that - with a vote in an open meeting - then who did and with what authority?
Taxpayers United

United States

#7872 Aug 31, 2013
More taxpayer education $$$ at work:

http://www.suntimes.com/22273824-761/high-sch...
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#7873 Sep 1, 2013
Just wondering if they are going to be serving liquor at the great village anniversary dance at the village hall? Is it really a good idea if they plan to do so? And will the police be keeping an eye out for intoxicated drivers leaving the dance?
Bat Alert

Forest Park, IL

#7874 Sep 4, 2013
Contamination

Forest Park, IL

#7875 Sep 5, 2013
Need to know

Forest Park, IL

#7876 Sep 5, 2013
Does anyone know why the board meeting last night was canceled?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pokemon Go 7 min CASA 2
Stevo at the City Council meeting 3 hr What Matters Most 87
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 4 hr From Fiscal to Ca... 158
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 8 hr Due Bills 158
Dayton Lawrence 'massage' parlor..SUSPICIOUS (Apr '12) 14 hr Art 10
All Lives Matter 17 hr Go Blue Forever 30
Did you attend tonight's Flooding meeting at Pa... Mon CASA 13

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages