She back

United States

#6525 Mar 2, 2013
Has VOL hired any newly-returned veterans since 2009?
Troops

Forest Park, IL

#6526 Mar 2, 2013
She back wrote:
Sorry, but Getty had nothing to do with that...
Years ago during President Vachata's term, a civil engineer inspected Davidowski Hall and wrote up a report stating his finding that it was unsafe for occupancy. Repairs were never undertaken to make it safe, and that report was buried and pretty much forgotten. The Hall remained in use and eventually the veteran's service group you mention was given exclusive use while Visk was Village President. The report resurfaced when the Board of Elections requested to use the Hall as a polling place. Once the report was back in play (and yes, Getty was now Village President) the Village had no choice but to shut the Hall down pending repairs/reinspection or jeopardize insurance coverage for the Village as a whole as well as incur liability if anything went wrong and someone was injured.
Just another example of this Village failing to conduct due diligence - regardless of which group is in power. And this would be a failing of the Village Managers involved, just as much as of the elected officials.
now tell the whole story, in full.

But, if you do that, that would place a big cloud over the very
person you want to be the next Mayor of town.

You are a genius with numbers, a wizard with the English language,
but you have nicely omitted the real facts surrounding this issue.

No one knows it better than you !!!!!
She back

United States

#6527 Mar 2, 2013
Troops, since you know the story so well, why don't you tell it? Don't forget the Village Manager who led the insurance company down the primrose path...never mentioning that Davidowski Hall had been deemed unsafe for occupancy...nor the Village President - NOT Visk - who refused to act to protect the Village because it was not politically expedient. Seems to me NO ONE had clean hands in that instance.

But at least, that NFP did have federal Exempt Organization and 501(c)3 status, unlike another not-so NFP partnering with our village.
Troops

Chicago, IL

#6528 Mar 2, 2013
She back wrote:
Troops, since you know the story so well, why don't you tell it? Don't forget the Village Manager who led the insurance company down the primrose path...never mentioning that Davidowski Hall had been deemed unsafe for occupancy...nor the Village President - NOT Visk - who refused to act to protect the Village because it was not politically expedient. Seems to me NO ONE had clean hands in that instance.
But at least, that NFP did have federal Exempt Organization and 501(c)3 status, unlike another not-so NFP partnering with our village.
You care about the most bizarre things imaginable. 501c3 status, really? Now I know why Pattie calls you She Crazy and not She Back!
She back

United States

#6529 Mar 3, 2013
Yeah, Troops, imagine ANYONE caring that an organization that calls itself a NFP AND reminds potential contributors that their donations are tax-deductable should have 501(c)3 status, right?

Who cares about that pesky old IRS anyway, right?
Only crazy people - in your mind - I guess...Those dumb contributors: they got it coming, right, if they didn't check things out before writing a check? Oh, wait a bit...that's due diligence. How bizarre that anyone would do that...they MUST be crazy.
wondering

Forest Park, IL

#6530 Mar 3, 2013
She back wrote:
Yeah, Troops, imagine ANYONE caring that an organization that calls itself a NFP AND reminds potential contributors that their donations are tax-deductable should have 501(c)3 status, right?
Who cares about that pesky old IRS anyway, right?
Only crazy people - in your mind - I guess...Those dumb contributors: they got it coming, right, if they didn't check things out before writing a check? Oh, wait a bit...that's due diligence. How bizarre that anyone would do that...they MUST be crazy.
who was the Village Manager you mentioned in your post?
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6531 Mar 3, 2013
If Davidowski Hall is unsafe for occupancy how can we be holding recreation programs there? Isn't that a huge liability for the Village? Not sure how far tort immunity would go if the Village officials are aware of the unsafe conditions.
Somone

Forest Park, IL

#6532 Mar 3, 2013
WTH wrote:
If Davidowski Hall is unsafe for occupancy how can we be holding recreation programs there? Isn't that a huge liability for the Village? Not sure how far tort immunity would go if the Village officials are aware of the unsafe conditions.
http://www.rblandmark.com/News/Articles/6-30-...

This lady has since passed away !
Here is More

Forest Park, IL

#6533 Mar 3, 2013
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
if you were at a couple of meetings, how can you say that they
never ever showed up. How many meetings were canceled. We all know
that P.W. controlled every thing that went on in the Village...
car show..4th July....Civil War at Community center..Stars and Stripes...West Suburban Chamber of Commerce..( a lot of money out
on that one)...Music under the Stars...xmas parties...please it goes on and on, think you know it too!!
She even got her face on TV..talking about Stars and Stripes...only
a couple of trustee were privy to that...now you tell me something
I don't know..please, I welcome the news !
History does repeat itself!
Strange Change

Forest Park, IL

#6534 Mar 3, 2013
Elizabeth Swann wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the information you are requesting is contained in the ordinances passed by the Village Board Wednesday night. The hourly rate for the salaries mentioned when the contents of same was summarized for the public before the vote and during the meeting were much less any way you slice it than the >$1000/month the Village Treasurer's reports states were paid to Tammy W. for taping a single Village Board meeting each month and updating Channel 6 weekly back in the days of the old Village Hall.
flip flop
Answers

Forest Park, IL

#6535 Mar 3, 2013
Elizabeth Swann wrote:
Yesterday I received - in my mailbox, with no postage - MVP campaign materials. Today I will address one statement - "United Citizen Party Officials voted against our troops fighting in harms way be not approving Operation Stars and Stripes continued use of our vacant recreation hall". 1. They were allowed in through a behind the scenes deal -0 if not, please show me the minutes of the meeting which detail the resolution or ordinance and vote.(Not how business is done, kiddies.)2. At that time, a licensed engineer had inspected Davidowski Hall and found it to be unsafe for any occupoancy, which PK obviously knew, since she was on the Board at the time the report was issued. 3. When the CC Board of elections sought to use the rec center as a polling place, SOMEONE took that report to them. 4. A Resolution was introduced to allow S&S to use the rec hall free of charge, supposedly at the request of our insurance company. 5. I FOIA'd the engineering report and faxed it with the aforesaid resolution to the insurance carrier.(They thanked me.)6. The building was no longer covered, and therefore could no longer be used for any purpose until the structural deficiencies were addressed.
NOW, could neglecting to inform your insurance carrier, as Mr. Witherow allegedly did, that a building you were having them insure was structurally unsafe, be interpreted as possible fraud? And could this have voided all of the Village's coverage? Just remeber, once that report was delivered by a member of the MVP to the election board downtown, it was discoverable by FOIA from them. But UCP had nothing to do with the loss of the building's insurance.One wonders, though, why TLC didn't fix the problems.
In the archives !
She back

United States

#6536 Mar 3, 2013
I believe some repairs were completed on Davidowski Hall and it was re-inspected. One also wonders why Vachata didn't repair the Hall, since the structural problems were uncovered while she was Village President. So, obviously, there is enough blame to go around over past and current administrations for failing to act as good stewards of the Village. Too bad both sets of Village attorneys seem to have looked the other way and failed to inform all of the Village Boards of their responsibilities to the Village.

Believe it or not, a municipality here in Illinois is limited in the amount of resources or support it gives to a non-for-profit, mostly in that there are only certain purposes deemed legitimate to receive unqualified support: among them, services and support for seniors, at risk youth and the indigent. Unfortunately, until the law changes, service organizations for veterans and active duty military - especially if they are not limited to individuals from the muni involved - are not included, no matter how worthy.

Nothing prevents a municipality from actively seeking to employ returning veterans, whenever possible. Something definitely to be considered, when employment opportunities with the Village become available.
She back

United States

#6537 Mar 3, 2013
BTW, if being called a flip flopper for knowing when it's time to withdraw support from a political party that is taking the Village on a dangerous (for taxpayers) course and align with those who agree and are willing to face up to where VOL is financially and undertake corrective actions, that's a price I'm willing to pay.

VOL missed the agreed-upon Comptroller's office deadline of mid-February for submission of the 2010 TIF reports. Failed to submit documentation of the $9M in debt issued in 2010 (as required by the Statutes) along with the 2010 audit. Inflated EAV in the Legal Debt Margin calculation in the 2010 AFS to make it appear that VOL had a margin when in fact it had exceeded the Legal Debt Limit...among other irregularities in the AFS just approved by the current Village Board. Of course, this set of auditors never showed up - were they even invited - for the Board to ask questions.

Yipping and yapping about who did what in the past just doesn't seem as important as what's coming down now concerning VOL finances...And now the schools have been told they'll find out about the TIFs AFTER the election. Have any required AFS or TIF reports been filed on time since President Getty and his merry crew took office? No TIF reports since 2007. 2009 AFS filed, but then materially revised, and finally brought before the Village Board in 2013, along with the 2010 AFS, which was only completed then because of pressure from the Illinois Comptroller.

Someone asked a while back why I changed. Take a look at the 2010 AFS and the 18 pages of audit findings and that pretty well explains it.
Somone

Forest Park, IL

#6538 Mar 3, 2013

Not so fast! When are you going to tell the public how you were involved in the entire issue regarding the Rec Hall?

How could you twist this story to paint a picture that is so
not fair. Do not for the sake of the taxpayers in Lyons, distort
and twist the truth to suit your new found political cronies.

Now, you have the audacity to say former Mayor Vachata could have done something, when she was not allowed to do anything, without
the TLC blocking every move she tried to make.

Sorry, but your spin is not worth a nickel to those who
know the truth.

She Aint

Chicago, IL

#6539 Mar 3, 2013
Somone wrote:
Not so fast! When are you going to tell the public how you were involved in the entire issue regarding the Rec Hall?
How could you twist this story to paint a picture that is so
not fair. Do not for the sake of the taxpayers in Lyons, distort
and twist the truth to suit your new found political cronies.
Now, you have the audacity to say former Mayor Vachata could have done something, when she was not allowed to do anything, without
the TLC blocking every move she tried to make.
Sorry, but your spin is not worth a nickel to those who
know the truth.
We should all really just leave She Back and WTH alone. They have all the answers, but zero motivation to do anything about it but sit behind their computer screen and correct the lesser beings of Lyons. I thought she was running for office, why isn't she telling us what she is going to do for the town? Guess she was the kid who liked knocking down other peoples blocks instead of working together.
Thats why I like the Village Independent Party's (VIP) Candidates a lot. Pattie Grahovac-Wisneski for President, George Cokinis-Clerk, Dan Graunke, Dick Gatz and Jimmy Jenks for trustees.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6540 Mar 4, 2013
She Aint wrote:
<quoted text>
We should all really just leave She Back and WTH alone. They have all the answers, but zero motivation to do anything about it but sit behind their computer screen and correct the lesser beings of Lyons. I thought she was running for office, why isn't she telling us what she is going to do for the town? Guess she was the kid who liked knocking down other peoples blocks instead of working together.
Thats why I like the Village Independent Party's (VIP) Candidates a lot. Pattie Grahovac-Wisneski for President, George Cokinis-Clerk, Dan Graunke, Dick Gatz and Jimmy Jenks for trustees.
Just FYI - I have and continue to do more than sit behind my computer like you do. And I have answers because I take time to look for them, not just swallow the kool aid from Getty. How many years have you served on any board or commissions in out village? Or, once again, when challenged to "put up or shut up" will you change your posting name and try to pretend you are someone else?
Questions

La Grange Park, IL

#6541 Mar 4, 2013
She Back needs to be honest. Chris Getty did not gain control (and responsibility) of the Village operations until May 2011. This is after contracts were extended at favorable rates. Also, the powers in control were the ones who failed to file the 2008 and 2009 TIF audit reports, not the Village President.

And you are concerned about the 18 pages of audit findings? Who found those? According to Wolf and Co, "these entries (the audit findings) were determined by both the consultant (hired by President Getty) and our firm."

And these errors were extraordinary. Almost $1 million in debt compared to a contrived $2 million surplus by the previous party!!!!

Thanks to Mayor Getty and his supporters, the truth has been finally revealed. I just hope it is not too late to fix the mess caused by predecessors including Mayor Getty's opponent!!!!
resident

Chicago, IL

#6542 Mar 4, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but first we the taxpayers are going to have to recover from ucp. I'd ask for examples of those contracts so I could compare them to the current crop...but I'm pondering your recovery statement. Recovery is not about just tacking on additional fees to water and garbage bills to pay off unrelated debt, nor is it increasing fees and raising municipal utility taxes to their maximums...recovery is also not about playing musical dollars with debt. It is about finding the root cause(s) for VOL financial disfunction...disfunction which appears to span numerous administrations, including the present one.
I could ask you to define "destroyed financially"...Would you mean something like exceeding our Legal Debt Limit? Because the current administration owns that one, with the issuance of $9M in debt in 2010.(Even though the 2010 audit tries to clumsily cover it up by inflating EAV, in an official document, no less). Not meeting financial reporting requirements? Ditto for this regime.
But not to worry, true believers...Very soon, our Finance Wiz will complete the deal that transforms debt limit applicable GO bonds and debt certificates into Alt Revenue bonds that don't count toward the limit. And, coincidentally, pave the way for VOL to issue another $10M of debt or so.
Just think, someday we here in Lyons could grow up to be Bridgeview.
you know the facts of those one-sided contracts you were there speaking out against them along with possibly hundreds of residents. but pattie w. and her board of fools smiled and gave them the ranch anyway.it was right after Getty was elected then stripped of his power by pattie w and her board. so all decisions up to may of 2011 were made by tlc/mvp.and by the way funny how after losing that election pattie w punished all of us by cancelling the parade and fireworks.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6543 Mar 4, 2013
Questions wrote:
Thanks to Mayor Getty and his supporters, the truth has been finally revealed. I just hope it is not too late to fix the mess caused by predecessors including Mayor Getty's opponent!!!!
If Getty is so truthful, how come he hasn't posted all of the village financial information on the village web site so we can see his honesty? And don't give me that "full time IT person" crap, as first that's not true, and second, then hire someone instead of a $2,000 per month publicity agent on the taxpayer's dime.
Curious

La Grange Park, IL

#6544 Mar 4, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
If Getty is so truthful, how come he hasn't posted all of the village financial information on the village web site so we can see his honesty? And don't give me that "full time IT person" crap, as first that's not true, and second, then hire someone instead of a $2,000 per month publicity agent on the taxpayer's dime.
Check the Village web site before you spew false info.

http://www.villageoflyons-il.net/Departments/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: K B M Trailer & Truck Repair (Feb '13) 51 min Rjo 2
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 1 hr Stop the scam 40
Bremen coach 5 hr tommy 25
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 8 hr Geek Squad 153
"I'll make a note on that?" 12 hr Rebuild Blue Island 15
Bremen basketball 12 hr Yepper 2
Village of Mokena Off Sided Fumble 15 hr Dinas Barbershop 1
Palos Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web