lyons, il politics
again

Forest Park, IL

#6283 Jan 26, 2013
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new to town, who's TLC, do they have a slate in the upcoming election? Are they involved with the village now?
Welcome to Lyons! TLC has been disbanded since 2010. Not involved at all anymore. Two parties this election: the ones in power now and a new party, Village Independent Party. The new party is the way I'm going.
misled

Forest Park, IL

#6284 Jan 26, 2013
again wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Lyons! TLC has been disbanded since 2010. Not involved at all anymore. Two parties this election: the ones in power now and a new party, Village Independent Party. The new party is the way I'm going.
not so
she back

United States

#6288 Jan 27, 2013
http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/tables/p...

The above link will allow anyone to access 2009 VOL Police and Firefighter Pension fund data.
spinning out of control

Forest Park, IL

#6289 Jan 27, 2013
brrrr

United States

#6292 Jan 27, 2013
Check out local taxing body debt on Cook County Treasurer website. Topix keeps removing posts with link to report.
Pay up

Forest Park, IL

#6293 Jan 28, 2013
PROPERTY TAX BILLS HAVE ARRIVED !!!
OH WELL

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6294 Jan 28, 2013
Just got our tax bill 5000 dollars, and the lowest amount of our four businesses was 3000 dollars in the city.I dont think its worth it !!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6295 Jan 30, 2013
Just so you know how "open and honest" our dear mayor is - I was able to post a comment on the "Village of Lyons" blog. It was asking about the so-called business "growth" in our community. Guess what? The comment has been removed. Gone. So much for allowing the people who pay for it have a voice. Once again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
again

Forest Park, IL

#6296 Jan 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
Just so you know how "open and honest" our dear mayor is - I was able to post a comment on the "Village of Lyons" blog. It was asking about the so-called business "growth" in our community. Guess what? The comment has been removed. Gone. So much for allowing the people who pay for it have a voice. Once again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
And you were surprised about that!?
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6297 Jan 30, 2013
again wrote:
<quoted text>
And you were surprised about that!?
No, of course not...
meat issue

Forest Park, IL

#6298 Jan 30, 2013
Curious

United States

#6299 Jan 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
Can you list the bad things he has done to you, so I can understand why you dislike him so much?
beware

Forest Park, IL

#6300 Jan 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Can you list the bad things he has done to you, so I can understand why you dislike him so much?
Pretty sneaky Getty Campaign worker! Want to find out...keep walking the streets and asking. Sure hope you're not on the Village clock, Kyle!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6301 Jan 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Can you list the bad things he has done to you, so I can understand why you dislike him so much?
1. Using MY money to put his name on village vehicles.
2. Claiming to be "transparent" when he hides everything he can and does everything possible to prevent citizens from knowing what is going on.
3. Failing to produce a budget (as required by law).
4. Appoint a convicted felon to a board.
5. Using taxpayers money to hire a publicity agent for himself.
6. Taking ten's of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from businesses having contracts with the village.
7. Hiring people without ever posting the opening or qualifications.
8. Having the dedication plaques removed from the village hall, then claiming he has no knowledge of it.
9. Allowing a convicted felon to have unlimited access to the village hall and to give orders to village employees.
10. Failing to maintain the village web site - as required by law.
11. Refusing to answer questions put to him at an open meeting.
12. Selling insurance to liquor licensees and claiming he didn't know it was a conflict of interest.
13. Making claims about our "growing business economy" when there is no real growth at all.

Need I say more?
VIP Talking Points

Forest Park, IL

#6302 Jan 30, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Claiming to be "transparent" when he hides everything he can and does everything possible to prevent citizens from knowing what is going on.
6. Taking ten's of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from businesses having contracts with the village.
8. Having the dedication plaques removed from the village hall, then claiming he has no knowledge of it.
9. Allowing a convicted felon to have unlimited access to the village hall and to give orders to village employees.
12. Selling insurance to liquor licensees and claiming he didn't know it was a conflict of interest.
13. Making claims about our "growing business economy" when there is no real growth at all.
Need I say more?
guess we know what the VIP flyers are going to say..
Wow Wee

Forest Park, IL

#6303 Jan 30, 2013
thanks for posting it twice.....wonder who does
these things ?
Wow Wee

Forest Park, IL

#6304 Jan 30, 2013
some one is watching...kinda eerie !
Property values

Forest Park, IL

#6306 Jan 31, 2013
She back wrote:
Last night marked the final meeting of Lyons Neighborhood Watch. After more than 10 years of service to Lyons, including sponsoring clean-ups, volunteering at community events, removing graffiti and calling in the county to pressure wash affected building (for free), in addition to alerting residents to crime within our neighborhoods, Neighborhood Watch is no more. And Lyons has lost one of its very few truly inclusive community groups: open to all, with no political strings attached.
Of course, for the last few years, Neighborhood Watch became less and less visible. This was largely - if not entirely - due to a conscious decision on the part of the top leadership of the Lyons PD (and possibly the current adminsitration), to eliminate all support and communication. Why? Well, as our Police Chief told a neighbor and me, when we asked why police blotter information was not being made available to residents, there just isn't enough crime in our neighborhoods (in HIS opinion) to justify expending resources to do it. He also made it clear that he believes that alerting citizens to criminal activity in their neighborhhoods does not deter crime by increasing awareness and vigilence; it only frightens residents and decreases property values.(I admit I have a bit of difficulty getting my mind around the "not enough crime to justify informing those at risk, but enough that letting folks know would adversely impact property values" rationale for the iron curtain of silence...)
For those of us who see the value of and want to encourage citizen awareness and participation in preventing crime, we know what change must be made before that can once more be a reality in Lyons.
In the meantime, thank you Neighborhood Watch for making us safer and Lyons a better place to live...we will miss you.
Are you for real?
abc

Forest Park, IL

#6308 Jan 31, 2013
She back wrote:
Last night marked the final meeting of Lyons Neighborhood Watch. After more than 10 years of service to Lyons, including sponsoring clean-ups, volunteering at community events, removing graffiti and calling in the county to pressure wash affected building (for free), in addition to alerting residents to crime within our neighborhoods, Neighborhood Watch is no more. And Lyons has lost one of its very few truly inclusive community groups: open to all, with no political strings attached.
Of course, for the last few years, Neighborhood Watch became less and less visible. This was largely - if not entirely - due to a conscious decision on the part of the top leadership of the Lyons PD (and possibly the current adminsitration), to eliminate all support and communication. Why? Well, as our Police Chief told a neighbor and me, when we asked why police blotter information was not being made available to residents, there just isn't enough crime in our neighborhoods (in HIS opinion) to justify expending resources to do it. He also made it clear that he believes that alerting citizens to criminal activity in their neighborhhoods does not deter crime by increasing awareness and vigilence; it only frightens residents and decreases property values.(I admit I have a bit of difficulty getting my mind around the "not enough crime to justify informing those at risk, but enough that letting folks know would adversely impact property values" rationale for the iron curtain of silence...)
For those of us who see the value of and want to encourage citizen awareness and participation in preventing crime, we know what change must be made before that can once more be a reality in Lyons.
In the meantime, thank you Neighborhood Watch for making us safer and Lyons a better place to live...we will miss you.
so the rest of the context is just spin ?

Never Forget

Forest Park, IL

#6310 Jan 31, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I say more?
Manager Form of Government. Not Mayor Form

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake Up Attorney Mayor Domingo Vargas You Might... 9 hr Change is needed 19
News 2 Blue Island brothers in line for 6 government... (Nov '13) 9 hr its all about them 57
Hawley and the Parade.... 10 hr Plush Horse 7
LifeTime Fitness 11 hr yes indeed 4
Review: Glitter Starz Inc 18 hr jaden rusch 9
News Five Chicago Suburbs Headed for Bankruptcy 20 hr BI Checkbook 25
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 21 hr Dash for Cash 435
More from around the web

Palos Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages