lyons, il politics
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

#6238 Jan 20, 2013
The December 19, 2012 agenda is stamped at 5:17 p.m. on the 17th - after the Village Hall was closed, but "in time" per the statute, however, the copy on the web site was created at 12:49:59 p.m. on December 19th - the day of the meeting. Violation of the OMA.
And, BTW, Big Mouth, "She Back" didn't have to do the research.
Big Mouth

Riverside, IL

#6239 Jan 20, 2013
Let us know what the States Attorney's Office tells
you regarding this matter. Go for it !!!
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#6240 Jan 20, 2013
Just Great wrote:
The December 19, 2012 agenda is stamped at 5:17 p.m. on the 17th - after the Village Hall was closed, but "in time" per the statute, however, the copy on the web site was created at 12:49:59 p.m. on December 19th - the day of the meeting. Violation of the OMA.
And, BTW, Big Mouth, "She Back" didn't have to do the research.
I just went to the Lyons Website. They are behind posting in a lot of areas. Where is last meetings agenda? What does Kyle do besides walking the streets for Getty on his time off?!!
interesting

Forest Park, IL

#6241 Jan 20, 2013
Worried in Lyons.
You bring up a very good point! Kyle was at my neighbor's yesterday. Chris must make it well worth his time to come back to Lyons on weekends all the way from Minooka or where ever he lives. Makes one wonder what he does Monday-Friday 8-5!
WHO CARES

United States

#6242 Jan 20, 2013
With his fiancee in O.P!
WHO CARES

United States

#6243 Jan 20, 2013
You people are way to hard on that kid!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6244 Jan 21, 2013
worried in Lyons wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went to the Lyons Website. They are behind posting in a lot of areas. Where is last meetings agenda? What does Kyle do besides walking the streets for Getty on his time off?!!
Funny hoe they are behind in almost everything, except where it serves Getty's interest. And how he can keep his "I Love Me" blog up to date.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6245 Jan 21, 2013
Mr. Gety - I just reviewed the Village's "Transparency Score" using the Illinois Policy Institute's checklist. Congratulations! You score a 16 out of a possible 100. One of the lowest scores in the county! So much for your lie about being "transparent".
Details

Willow Springs, IL

#6246 Jan 21, 2013
A full time person is typcally interpretted by the various references in state law to an IT person. The Village does not have one.

On the date of the PDF, every time you access it, the date is updated. If you pulled up an old PDF from 10 years ago and saved it on your computer and then posted, it would show the latest date. Simply unreliable.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6247 Jan 21, 2013
Details wrote:
A full time person is typcally interpretted by the various references in state law to an IT person. The Village does not have one.
On the date of the PDF, every time you access it, the date is updated. If you pulled up an old PDF from 10 years ago and saved it on your computer and then posted, it would show the latest date. Simply unreliable.
Nope - the date that the PDF was created is saved in the "properties" - and may not the same as the date it was last saved; even if what you said is true, then the PDF was modified on the date it was posted - to meet the requirements of the LAW, the agenda posted on the web site must be the same as the one posted at the village hall, and must be poted on the web not less than 48 hours before the meeting. Most villages with a honest government try to post the agenda at least 5 days before the meeting to allow taxpayers to inquire about agenda items. But when you are always trying to get by without any questions, simply post it at the last possible minute, as our village does.
WTH

Chicago, IL

#6248 Jan 21, 2013
Here are the facts:

All agendas on the village web site from Jan - June, 2012 were PDF's generated on July 11,2012.

The July 18 agenda was created on July 18
The August 1 agenda was created on July 31
The August 15 agenda was created on August 14
The September 5 agenda was created on September 10

And, FYI, all of these were generated by a Konica Minolta bizhub C451. Yes, honest and transparent...
wondering

Riverside, IL

#6249 Jan 21, 2013
...a Konica Minolta bizhub c451... how did you know that...

guess you know your cameras...did you not state at a meeting that you had 4-5 websites...or do I have you
confused with another camera buff.
wondering

Riverside, IL

#6250 Jan 21, 2013
http://www.columbia-business.com/copiers/colo...

found it on the net....very interesting piece of
equipment.
WTH

Chicago, IL

#6251 Jan 21, 2013
wondering wrote:
...a Konica Minolta bizhub c451... how did you know that...
guess you know your cameras...did you not state at a meeting that you had 4-5 websites...or do I have you
confused with another camera buff.
That is not a camera - it is a copy machine with computer interface which also serves as a scanner. I do not have 4 - 5 web sites, thank you.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6254 Jan 22, 2013
[QUOTE who=On the date of the PDF, every time you access it, the date is updated. If you pulled up an old PDF from 10 years ago and saved it on your computer and then posted, it would show the latest date. Simply unreliable.[/QUOTE]

No, when a PDF is created, the date is created is imbedded in the underlying data - it never changes. You need to learn about IT before spouting your BS. Sorry, Chris, the facts are the facts, as I have presented. So now tell me why the facts I presented on the date the PDF's were created are wrong. Of, course, because is shows that YOU violated statute you will never answer this one.
LMNO

Cicero, IL

#6255 Jan 22, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
No, when a PDF is created, the date is created is imbedded in the underlying data - it never changes. You need to learn about IT before spouting your BS. Sorry, Chris, the facts are the facts, as I have presented. So now tell me why the facts I presented on the date the PDF's were created are wrong. Of, course, because is shows that YOU violated statute you will never answer this one.
*SNAP*
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6256 Jan 23, 2013
Details wrote:
A full time person is typically interpreted by the various references in state law to an IT person. The Village does not have one.
Yes, please share with us the references you are referring to...or did you make this up, as well, Chris?
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6257 Jan 23, 2013
Got my copy of the latest DesPlaines Valley News. While, I admit, this papr never was a bastion of hard-hitting investigative journalism, it is obvious that Pluta, et al, are showing their pro-Getty face. Two articles feating a picture of - who else - our Glorious Leader Kim Il Getty. Of, course no one in Lyons has accomplished anything but Chris. No one but Glorious Leader can do anything for us ignorant taxpayers.

By the way, I thought Pop's, the Teamster's, T-Moble, and Superior Ambulance were here before Chris. And how about listing the businesses that have left or closed?
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6258 Jan 23, 2013
It just keeps getting better. In order to avoid having to comply with the OMA website requirements, Getty posts village information on his own blog.

http://villageoflyons.blogspot.com

Click on the "2013" on the right side to see the latest "news".

I wonder if, since this blog is run by a man paid by the village, is this not a "de facto" village web site, one that is subject to the same OMA and FOIA requirements. Perhaps the ISA wl be able to tell us.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6259 Jan 23, 2013
From Chris' blog:

"Since 2009, Lyons has seen more than 25 businesses open in the local area."

Then he lists only 19...including Pop's, T-Mobile, Superior, etc., which were in place before he was elected.

Once a liar, always a liar...what would one expect from the son of a convicted felon?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexican Drugs a Scourge on Blue Island (Mar '14) 1 hr Melissa 102
Village Attorney for Robbins Illinois Failed t... 8 hr CASA 26
Ridgefest and traffic fines 10 hr Jorge 2
Tokar Fest 2017 10 hr foia 12
Blue Island Addiction Recovery Home Shut Down (May '12) 13 hr Jim Mielke 148
News 1 dead, 6 wounded in city shootings 20 hr bozo 1
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 20 hr Clean Up 31

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance