Ad, warranty fees are legit

Ad, warranty fees are legit

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 17, 2008, titled Ad, warranty fees are legit. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Q : Is it customary to pay for the dealership's advertising? While shopping for a new Mazda , the salesperson showed me the invoice with a line for "Chicago Assessment" and another for "Warranty Retail Parts ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Burt

Katy, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2008
On the subject of advertising fees: If each dealer independently sets his advertising fees and uses that money for advertising then fair enough. If the dealers all have the same advertising fee and it bears no relation to the dollars spent, then this is price fixing and fraud. Are you saying that all dealers could coincidentally decide to tack on the same fee for a 'mechanics retirement fund' and still pocket the money? Sounds like fraud to me.
John

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Aug 17, 2008
Its called profit. America is not a communist state. You are free to purchase some other competitive brand if you don't like the price.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First National Bank Buildings to be Auctioned 21 min Resident 2
News New Lenox has paid nearly $1 million in police ... 3 hr go get em 22
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 7 hr Logic 1,588
Will the Real Robert Rita Please Stand Up (Jan '16) 7 hr Change is needed 37
Oak Forest officials discuss video gambling reg... 8 hr Resident Confucious 2
bartos car lettering company (Oct '15) 13 hr Village Idioot 20
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 14 hr BirF Control 3

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance