city ordinances
question

Orland Park, IL

#1 Jun 23, 2013
I heard something that I feel is outrageous last night. A promotion company was holding an event for the Hispanic Community. Two unknown Alderman (but we can guess who they were) ordered the police to show up and shut the event down. 5 squad cars showed up. One of the police stated that there is a city ordinance in place that bans dances of the Hispanic descent. What the "alderman" didn't realize is that all the proper channels to host this event where followed. But let me add that MANY calls were made to the Mayor's office and he never called back. When asked if the event can use off duty police officers for the event they were told that "the alderman" are against police officers moonlighting at events.

What these politicians are failing to realize that as citizens of blue island, they work for us. We pay their salary. Looks like it's business as usual and the new Mayor is a puppet. Instead of him running the office, the office is running him. Sad Sad Sad.

Yet another harassment charge against the City of Blue Island.
Where

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 23, 2013
question wrote:
I heard something that I feel is outrageous last night. A promotion company was holding an event for the Hispanic Community. Two unknown Alderman (but we can guess who they were) ordered the police to show up and shut the event down. 5 squad cars showed up. One of the police stated that there is a city ordinance in place that bans dances of the Hispanic descent. What the "alderman" didn't realize is that all the proper channels to host this event where followed. But let me add that MANY calls were made to the Mayor's office and he never called back. When asked if the event can use off duty police officers for the event they were told that "the alderman" are against police officers moonlighting at events.
What these politicians are failing to realize that as citizens of blue island, they work for us. We pay their salary. Looks like it's business as usual and the new Mayor is a puppet. Instead of him running the office, the office is running him. Sad Sad Sad.
Where was the event held at a private home or hall?
Party Party

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 23, 2013
Requests for block parties and private home parties go through the clerk's office then through city council where they are typically voted for or against.
BILib

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 23, 2013
Hardly ever against.....
The Sherriff is Near

Frankfort, IL

#5 Jun 23, 2013
This was a beaner fest that got out of control. The law was made years ago when the whites who ran the city didn't want any beaner parties. Things have changed a bit since then. The beaners should outlaw the white parties now! LOL!
BOB

Alsip, IL

#6 Jun 23, 2013
The Sherriff is Near wrote:
This was a beaner fest that got out of control. The law was made years ago when the whites who ran the city didn't want any beaner parties. Things have changed a bit since then. The beaners should outlaw the white parties now! LOL!
The same whites run the city now. What the F#%K are you talking about ? You have to be a Peloquin supporter.
The Sherriff is Near

Frankfort, IL

#7 Jun 23, 2013
You have to be an athletic supporter. Show me your chin, my balls itch.
Name Change

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 23, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>The same whites run the city now. What the F#%K are you talking about ? You have to be a Peloquin supporter.
They were the Peloquineers now they call themselves the BIIPS.
next act

Blue Island, IL

#9 Jun 24, 2013
question wrote:
You are so funny! Come to Tuesday night June 25, 2013 city council meeting, and express yourself.
Discrimination

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Discrimination and intimidation is common practice.
Yellow Brick Road

Midlothian, IL

#11 Jun 24, 2013
question wrote:
You probably called the wrong office. Mayor Rita's office is on Western or try Calumet Township. Hope this helps!
Toto

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 25, 2013
Yellow Brick Road wrote:
<quoted text>You probably called the wrong office. Mayor Rita's office is on Western or try Calumet Township. Hope this helps!
The Calumet Township office is located on York St. in Blue Island.
BOB

Alsip, IL

#13 Jun 25, 2013
Toto wrote:
<quoted text>
The Calumet Township office is located on York St. in Blue Island.
Right behind the filthy T&G Gyros. Eat at your own risk.
Box Lunch

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 25, 2013
Just like your girlfriend.
question

Orland Park, IL

#15 Jun 25, 2013
We followed all the City rules. It's just that there are alderman who ordered the police to come here without asking the Police Chief who we called on the phone in front of them and he confirmed that it was granted.

It was in a Hall. Sorry I missed tonights meeting. I am planning on attending these meetings. Something has got to change with these bullies.
Wrong again

Riverdale, IL

#16 Jun 26, 2013
question wrote:
We followed all the City rules. It's just that there are alderman who ordered the police to come here without asking the Police Chief who we called on the phone in front of them and he confirmed that it was granted.
It was in a Hall. Sorry I missed tonights meeting. I am planning on attending these meetings. Something has got to change with these bullies.
What police chief? The police department has no chief.
Come on!

United States

#17 Jun 26, 2013
What party? Which day? Location please! Post specifics!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 3 hr Vacancy 437
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 5 hr Enlightened Parent 55
Hawley and the Parade.... 5 hr Change is needed 11
what happen to all the outrage 5 hr MovntoTexas 30
Business owners beware! 11 hr moonfeels 1
What is your favorite thing about Midlothian? 14 hr Doubting Thomas 29
Oak Fest 15 18 hr OF RES 2
More from around the web

Palos Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages