Crematorium plans put to rest

Crematorium plans put to rest

There are 1 comment on the The SouthtownStar story from Jul 20, 2009, titled Crematorium plans put to rest. In it, The SouthtownStar reports that:

Oak Hills Cemetery in Palos Park has withdrawn a request to build a crematorium on its property, which is near the southwestern edge of the village.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The SouthtownStar.

OP Resident

Bartlett, IL

#1 Jul 24, 2009
The people have made their feelings clear. A crematorium (incinerator) does not belong in a residential area. I urge fellow residents to be vigilant in monitoring this situation to ensure that the board of the Oak Hill Cemetery does not bring another request for special zoning to the plan commission. In an article in the July 23rd issue of The Reporter, Mr. Manning made it clear that the cemetery officials can make the request again. As my sense during that evening meeting was that Mr. Manning was in favor of the special zoning, we need to watch the Palos Park website, local papers, and other media venues that would announce the required public notice. Keep in mind, that a good number of residents that spoke that evening NEVER received notification that this proposal was being considered. It is up to the citizens of Palos Park and Orland Park to make sure this does not happen to our communities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alderman Carrie Austin 39 min Buba is waiting 3
results now 1 hr nofran 37
Fruity Moodies On the Move in February 6 hr games 12
traffic committee? 7 hr Edward 2
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 7 hr Other Locations 226
2017 Alsip Municipal Election 7 hr Resident 70
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 8 hr Discovery 213

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance