lynn barker

Chicago Ridge, IL

#127 Apr 12, 2013
Lynn Barker has never won a contested election in her life. When she ran for School Board, she was always unopposed. The two times she was opposed, she lost. I guess, if you lose all the time, what does that make you?
be fair

Chicago Ridge, IL

#128 Apr 12, 2013
Lynn is not a loser. She had a unscroupilous group working very hard to defeat her. Had they stayed out, she would've won, big time.
New days ahead

Oak Lawn, IL

#129 Apr 12, 2013
Tuesday was a bad day for the blue man group
Lynn did lose

Evergreen Park, IL

#130 Apr 13, 2013
be fair wrote:
Lynn is not a loser. She had a unscroupilous group working very hard to defeat her. Had they stayed out, she would've won, big time.
Hey second place is the first loser. Since when did telling the truth become unfair. She ran with a very unscrupulous group that didn't care if she won or lost because they were all too busy trying to protect themselves. When you lie down with dogs you get fleas. If there were more independents in the election it would have been a sweep.
Loser

Chicago Ridge, IL

#131 Apr 13, 2013
Barker lost both her elections because she is a tax and spend liberal. She is also a ugly thug.
NW Guy

Chicago, IL

#133 Apr 15, 2013
Not ONE candidate came to visit the owners in my condo. More than 20+ registered voters in one place...no appearances.

We need to switch the village to an aldermanic form of representation, where EVERY neighborhood is equally and fairly represented.
Village Boy

Chicago, IL

#134 Apr 15, 2013
NW Guy wrote:
Not ONE candidate came to visit the owners in my condo. More than 20+ registered voters in one place...no appearances.
We need to switch the village to an aldermanic form of representation, where EVERY neighborhood is equally and fairly represented.
If it was ever possible to knock on doors over there someone would have. You might talk to neighbors in your building but if you were trying to reach another condo owner just 2 blocks away you wouldn't be able to get in either. You want privacy and you are getting it . Most campaigns mail to you. And CR isn't a city. It is a village. There are no alderman. Just trustees at large.
Rejects

Chicago, IL

#135 Apr 15, 2013
Brad Grove, Lynne Barker and Jack Lind were rejected by their neighbors. To know them is to vote against them. They lost big. Rejects the whole lot.
silent

Evergreen Park, IL

#136 Apr 16, 2013
sure is quiet in here.Where did everyone go?
Village Boy

Chicago, IL

#137 Apr 16, 2013
Kind of obvious who talked all the trash.
classy people

Chicago, IL

#138 Apr 17, 2013
Got a hand addressed thank you letter from George and Amanda. These folks have it together. They are going to be great public servants. Kudos George and Amanda.
Burleigh Hines

Chicago, IL

#139 Apr 17, 2013
the write in campaign has not ended and wont until 4\30, dont count your chickens bawk bawk bawk bawk
Village Boy

Crete, IL

#140 Apr 17, 2013
Burleigh Hines wrote:
the write in campaign has not ended and wont until 4\30, dont count your chickens bawk bawk bawk bawk
well we know Jim voted by absentee ballot so there is one. But Lynn and brad are probably still gone.
Ridge voted against Lind

Chicago, IL

#141 Apr 17, 2013
I still am in shock John "Jack" Lind was defeated in both Worth Township and the village of Chicago Ridge. That means that the voters od Chicago Ridge voted for four Trustees over thier neighbor Jack Lind. He got burried by his neighbors. He will be defeated when he runs in 2015.
silent

Evergreen Park, IL

#142 Apr 18, 2013
Village Boy wrote:
<quoted text> well we know Jim voted by absentee ballot so there is one. But Lynn and brad are probably still gone.
the mayor is absentee also
Survivor

Chicago, IL

#143 Apr 18, 2013
Ridge voted against Lind wrote:
I still am in shock John "Jack" Lind was defeated in both Worth Township and the village of Chicago Ridge. That means that the voters od Chicago Ridge voted for four Trustees over thier neighbor Jack Lind. He got burried by his neighbors. He will be defeated when he runs in 2015.
Jack Lind is a survivor. He will be on the Village Board for a long time. He will stay there until he decides to walk away. Nobody has given more to the community than he has. He is always there to put a helping hand out. Don't be in shock that the township board changed over. Jack was part of a group that was a old coalition of Democratic and Republican candidates and they lost to a Democratic slate that was aggressive, younger, energized and better financed. That was not his fault.
Village Boy

Alsip, IL

#144 Apr 18, 2013
Survivor wrote:
<quoted text>Jack Lind is a survivor. He will be on the Village Board for a long time. He will stay there until he decides to walk away. Nobody has given more to the community than he has. He is always there to put a helping hand out. Don't be in shock that the township board changed over. Jack was part of a group that was a old coalition of Democratic and Republican candidates and they lost to a Democratic slate that was aggressive, younger, energized and better financed. That was not his fault.
of course it was his fault. He would f... Up a 2 car funeral. I am shocked someone would think losing an election was based on something like luck. If you can't fool your neighbors any more game ovah
GED

Chicago, IL

#145 Apr 18, 2013
On all of Jack Linds campaign flyers he says the following....Chicago Ridge. Jack, a lifelong resident, graduated from District 218. The reason he says graduated from District 218 and not Richards is because he got a GED.
Gene

Western Springs, IL

#146 Apr 19, 2013
Survivor wrote:
<quoted text>Jack Lind is a survivor. He will be on the Village Board for a long time. He will stay there until he decides to walk away. Nobody has given more to the community than he has. He is always there to put a helping hand out. Don't be in shock that the township board changed over. Jack was part of a group that was a old coalition of Democratic and Republican candidates and they lost to a Democratic slate that was aggressive, younger, energized and better financed. That was not his fault.
One word: Baldergate
NW Guy

Tinley Park, IL

#147 Apr 20, 2013
Village Boy wrote:
<quoted text>If it was ever possible to knock on doors over there someone would have. You might talk to neighbors in your building but if you were trying to reach another condo owner just 2 blocks away you wouldn't be able to get in either. You want privacy and you are getting it . Most campaigns mail to you. And CR isn't a city. It is a village. There are no alderman. Just trustees at large.
Ummm...I KNOW there are no aldermen. That's why I said we need to change the form of government in our town. There's no equal representation.

And - it's entirely possible for a candidate to speak to condo owners. They contact the condo HOA and schedule a time to come and meet with the residents of the entire building. It's been done before. Trust me - I know a little about this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another misconduct law suit for BIPD 5 hr A disenchanted re... 2
News Ridge heading toward fire protection district? (Jun '10) 8 hr Struggling to Kee... 46
k9 10 hr Donnie Smith 6
Dumbingo's Boyfriend! 11 hr Red Blooded Ameri... 10
Shop Local 11 hr April 28th Counci... 14
Mokena Park District 11 hr Just sayin 19
Congrats to our newly elected officials! 11 hr April 28th 44
More from around the web

Palos Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]