midlothian mayor election
strange

Midlothian, IL

#638 Feb 6, 2013
Anyone go to the meeting tonight?
cant beleive it

Chicago, IL

#639 Feb 7, 2013
Terry just plain bad for midlothian but how do we wake up the voters to this fact?
wow

United States

#641 Feb 7, 2013
Mr, mayor, or can we just call you Mr Dick Head
show some respect

Charlotte, NC

#642 Feb 7, 2013
wow wrote:
Mr, mayor, or can we just call you Mr Dick Head
That's Mayor Dickhead to you mister!
I want my town back

Midlothian, IL

#643 Feb 8, 2013
When Terry, Karen, and Jerry ran last time they talked big. They said the things people wanted to hear. People were tired of the good old boys network and taking care of friends at the expense of the residents and taxpayers. Karen and Jerry have tried and fought and clawed to keep those promises alive. Terry however has reverted back to Tom's side(If he was ever not on his side anyway) after about 2 years. It's business as usual over at the village hall.
Karen and Jerry ran with Terry because he was saying the right things. They could not, nor could the voters who voted for him, could have forseen the dramatic 180* turnaround he took. Driving the Village administrator and attorney with him.
I am going to be supporting team blue who wants to bring back accountability back to Village Hall.
strange

Midlothian, IL

#645 Feb 8, 2013
Looks Similar wrote:
<quoted text>Looks pretty similar to the unsigned letter received by some Midlothian residents earlier this week?
So who us Kia???
winterpeaches

Alsip, IL

#646 Feb 8, 2013
Never received a letter
Thhbbbbbbttt wrong

Midlothian, IL

#647 Feb 8, 2013
me neither.
strange

Blue Island, IL

#648 Feb 8, 2013
It only went to a select few. Mostly people who signed Rybaks petition
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#649 Feb 9, 2013
Kia wrote:
January 15, 2013
As many in the Village of Midlothian are already aware, an objection was recently filed by a Midlothian citizen against mayoral candidate Sharon Rybak. The objection cited several violations of Illinois election laws, the most serious of which involved a charge that some of her nominating petitions that were allegedly circulated by a family member on her behalf were in fact circulated and notarized by her alone.
The objection was first brought before the Village of Midlothian Electoral Board on Tuesday, January 8th, at which time a full hearing on the merits of the objection was delayed when Ms. Rybak’s attorney made personal attacks against two of the Board members without meaningfully responding to the substance of what was alleged. As a result, no hearing took place that day as Ms. Rybak’s legal counsel sought to have two of the Board members removed and objected to the means by which material witnesses were subpoenaed to testify.
Today, that objection was withdrawn in what seems to be an effort to avoid an extensive legal battle. This battle would potentially cost the village significant financial resources, and cause undue hardship to residents who signed the nominating petitions in good faith. In one respect, this is a positive development that will allow voters to re-focus on the most important issues facing our Village today, however, it leaves unanswered a number of troubling questions that were rightly brought into public view.
These allegations, if true, represent a serious breach of trust with the people of Midlothian, who have every right to expect that aspiring candidates will, at the very least, obey the laws regarding the electoral process in a manner that ensures fairness to all. Most importantly, candidates and all elected officials have an obligation to be honest and forthright in their representations to voters as well as the governmental bodies that preserve the integrity of the electoral process.
While it seems that there will no longer be a public hearing to get to the bottom of these allegations, the issue of what actually took place is still very much an important question that needs to be answered before Election Day. Earning and maintaining the public trust is not something that happens after a person attains higher office – it is, by definition, a necessary qualification for the job. To the extent these questions regarding election law violations have been raised, it is only right that Ms. Rybak provide a full explanation to remove the appearance of voter fraud, irrespective of whether she is now legally required to do so.
This is the first time that I have seen this and it interests me a great deal. The "Midlothian resident" that filed the objection just happens to be working on Terry's campaign, so it is obvious that he was behind this. He speaks of candidates obeying laws, being honest, maintaining the public trust etc. I have been in this town a long time and for those of you that really want to know Terry, just look at his political track records. As a trustee he watched as village employees worked on his political campaign on village time with village equipment. He had first hand participation in the financial destruction of our community. He brokered a deal that allowed the village attorney, a contracted employee, to be listed as a village employee so that he could obtain health insurance through the village. When it came to light he brokered another deal to hire the same attorney as a "cost saving measure" in an attempt to hide his shady dealings. He used deception and acquired false friendships to run his campaign for mayor then stabbed them all in the back when elected. This is not an honest, law abiding individual worthy of public trust. He may be a "nice guy", but his actions speak volumes. I may not be a Sharon Rybek fan, but she will get my vote as a protest to the "nice guy" that is currently holding the office.
soundslike

Alsip, IL

#650 Feb 9, 2013
Sounds to me like the only reason "they" backed down on the objection was because the do nothing lawyer probably told them they didn't have a leg to stand on and could possibly face a liability suit. Does anyone really think that these present village buffoons really care how much they spend? Chuck Goudie, where are you now?
Rybak Gleason

Midlothian, IL

#651 Feb 9, 2013
Some of us assume Gleason is behind Sharon's nomination having Evelyn Gleason in the Mayors office is a frightening thought.Sharon Rybak is far from capable to run Midothian .These ladies have always been involved in the community .Sharon has done some unoestionable things throughout the years I'm not sure fit for a public forum discussion .She seems to of always just gone along with the popular opinion whatever would further her agenda and get her into bed with the right people.I went to school with her she just wasn't all there a little strange she's always seemed to need attention she's not qualified for the office of Mayor let alone the position she's in now.What in the world is she thinking she needs to step back and think does she really want to be subjected to her dirty little secrets coming out in to the public forum.It would be nice to see some new blood on our park district hey maybe even some people who aren't from the same gene pool.I shutter to think of Gleason and Rybak in office.
Rybak Gleason

Midlothian, IL

#652 Feb 9, 2013
Unquestionable shudder

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#653 Feb 9, 2013
soundslike wrote:
Sounds to me like the only reason "they" backed down on the objection was because the do nothing lawyer probably told them they didn't have a leg to stand on and could possibly face a liability suit. Does anyone really think that these present village buffoons really care how much they spend? Chuck Goudie, where are you now?
I never received one either read some elses.

As far as your spending comment sometimes I really do not think so at least a couple do not. Just glad a few on the board do care.
ok

Chicago, IL

#654 Feb 9, 2013
Rybak Gleason wrote:
Unquestionable shudder
Some big words from a person sitting behind a computer, would love to meet you face to face and hear this crap coming out of your mouth, you name the place and time and we can talk. She is going to try and make a difference unlike you who is just going to start shit on a computer, do you really think our town could handle 4 more years of terry and his spending, we don't need a full time lawyer( heard the only reason he is full time is because he needed benefits) we don't need a village manger who lives no where near Midlo and makes over 100,000(heard this he to is very sick and needed benefits so we hired him full time) now if that's not jacked up if its true I don't know what is, I want my town back and new blood in there is the only way we can do this.
Who

Midlothian, IL

#655 Feb 9, 2013
Rybak Gleason wrote:
Some of us assume Gleason is behind Sharon's nomination having Evelyn Gleason in the Mayors office is a frightening thought.Sharon Rybak is far from capable to run Midothian .These ladies have always been involved in the community .Sharon has done some unoestionable things throughout the years I'm not sure fit for a public forum discussion .She seems to of always just gone along with the popular opinion whatever would further her agenda and get her into bed with the right people.I went to school with her she just wasn't all there a little strange she's always seemed to need attention she's not qualified for the office of Mayor let alone the position she's in now.What in the world is she thinking she needs to step back and think does she really want to be subjected to her dirty little secrets coming out in to the public forum.It would be nice to see some new blood on our park district hey maybe even some people who aren't from the same gene pool.I shutter to think of Gleason and Rybak in office.
Who is this woman?
?
Mr Midlo

Chicago, IL

#656 Feb 10, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this woman?
?
She will be your new mayor vety shortly.
Clyde

Midlothian, IL

#657 Feb 10, 2013
A letter that the postage was paid by the village. It got run through a postage machine, like the one in the village offices
Turn It Over

Chicago, IL

#658 Feb 10, 2013
Copy and send to FBI and Syates Attorney's office.
Copy and Turn Over

Chicago, IL

#659 Feb 10, 2013
Clyde wrote:
A letter that the postage was paid by the village. It got run through a postage machine, like the one in the village offices
Copy the envelope with the letter and turn them over to the FBI and States Attorney's office they will follow up.
(USPS is federal) Keep your original documents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moody and the Flag Code 4 min Unbelievable 9
Tax and Spend will never end we vote em OUT 41 min Nutbag 8
John Rita and Joliet Youth Detention Center (1) 2 hr CASA 11
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 3 hr close north 178
Old Barab Building (Nov '11) 4 hr Doubting Thomas 18
Mokena Raid 6 hr bmom5 1
Ridge Fest 2015 7 hr New Guy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages