Gas Main Ruptures at Route 30 and 78t...

Gas Main Ruptures at Route 30 and 78th Ave.

There are 13 comments on the Patch.com story from Sep 12, 2012, titled Gas Main Ruptures at Route 30 and 78th Ave.. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Frankfort police and firefighters are on the scene of a gas main break in Frankfort Square, near the corner of Route 30 and 78 th Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Justsayin4

Frankfort, IL

#1 Sep 19, 2012
What a joke!!!! If we have a serious emergency this town is not equipped to handle it!!!!!
random

Willowbrook, IL

#3 Sep 19, 2012
Explain what you mean by saying the FD isn't equipped to handle serious calls
Justsayin4

Frankfort, IL

#4 Sep 20, 2012
explain wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get that out of that article?
didn't get it off the article got it firsthand with my own eyes
Justsayin4

Frankfort, IL

#5 Sep 20, 2012
random wrote:
Explain what you mean by saying the FD isn't equipped to handle serious calls
Not saying the FD isn't equipped simply saying based on the relaxed attitudes of the first responding units it's scary to think what may happen in a real state of emergency?! I'm speaking of the slow moving people that couldn't even inform the local businesses right at that intersection of the possible harms way they were in!! Just disappointed with the way things were handled I guess. I have lived in Frankfort since 1985 and as of late the conspiracy to keep our "image" pristine is sickening !!! So much crime is kept out of the paper here it's unreal!! Example .....why in gods name would there be a MURDER in Frankfort just about 3 yrs ago and NOT ONE PIECE OF TAPE ON THE HOME WHERE IT TOOK PLACE? What about the drunk,maybe 2 weeks ago that smashed into trees? Nothing ever reported!!!???
explain

Frankfort, IL

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Justsayin4 wrote:
<quoted text>Not saying the FD isn't equipped simply saying based on the relaxed attitudes of the first responding units it's scary to think what may happen in a real state of emergency?! I'm speaking of the slow moving people that couldn't even inform the local businesses right at that intersection of the possible harms way they were in!! Just disappointed with the way things were handled I guess. I have lived in Frankfort since 1985 and as of late the conspiracy to keep our "image" pristine is sickening !!! So much crime is kept out of the paper here it's unreal!! Example .....why in gods name would there be a MURDER in Frankfort just about 3 yrs ago and NOT ONE PIECE OF TAPE ON THE HOME WHERE IT TOOK PLACE? What about the drunk,maybe 2 weeks ago that smashed into trees? Nothing ever reported!!!???
That's because you were probably not in any harm. I watched the fire truck pull up lay out hoses and evacuate the area. They also monitored and kept everyone away until the gas company showed up. I think it took the gas company a long time to get there but that's not the fire departments fault.
Wow

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Justsayin4 wrote:
<quoted text>Not saying the FD isn't equipped simply saying based on the relaxed attitudes of the first responding units it's scary to think what may happen in a real state of emergency?! I'm speaking of the slow moving people that couldn't even inform the local businesses right at that intersection of the possible harms way they were in!! Just disappointed with the way things were handled I guess. I have lived in Frankfort since 1985 and as of late the conspiracy to keep our "image" pristine is sickening !!! So much crime is kept out of the paper here it's unreal!! Example .....why in gods name would there be a MURDER in Frankfort just about 3 yrs ago and NOT ONE PIECE OF TAPE ON THE HOME WHERE IT TOOK PLACE? What about the drunk,maybe 2 weeks ago that smashed into trees? Nothing ever reported!!!???
How do they keep a murder a secret it are you talking about the one in the square (will county). That was in the paper and the boyfriend was arrested. Come out from under the rock. Ps papers run stories and have laws that require information be reported cant really hide that but you can ask the media why they didn't feel it news worthy.
random

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2012
There's not much to do in a situation like that. They had a hose out for precaution. And they had gas meters out measuring the BTU's. In that exact situation since there was no fire the gas simply dissipated into the air. And what took so long was the gas company. It's not that they didn't have any urgency. It's just that they couldn't do anything more until the gas company showed up.
Dispatch This

Frankfort, IL

#9 Sep 21, 2012
That is typical/standard policy and procedure for a gas main breaks anywhere. Secure the scene and wait for Nicor, And not just for this town. Instead of downing your local FD, maybe just ask more questions. Knowledge is power!
Justsayin4

Frankfort, IL

#10 Sep 21, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they keep a murder a secret it are you talking about the one in the square (will county). That was in the paper and the boyfriend was arrested. Come out from under the rock. Ps papers run stories and have laws that require information be reported cant really hide that but you can ask the media why they didn't feel it news worthy.
I'm far from under a rock !! And GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT it was not her Boyfriend considering she was a lesbian an he had a fiancé so again Im not under any rocks here why such a bitter response from you?!
Justsayin4

Frankfort, IL

#11 Sep 21, 2012
explain wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you were probably not in any harm. I watched the fire truck pull up lay out hoses and evacuate the area. They also monitored and kept everyone away until the gas company showed up. I think it took the gas company a long time to get there but that's not the fire departments fault.
Agreed
Justsayin4

Frankfort, IL

#12 Sep 21, 2012
Dispatch This wrote:
That is typical/standard policy and procedure for a gas main breaks anywhere. Secure the scene and wait for Nicor, And not just for this town. Instead of downing your local FD, maybe just ask more questions. Knowledge is power!
LISTEN UP PEOPLE I AM NOT DOWNING ANY OF OUR LOCAL FD IM SIMPLY STATING AN OPINION MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP ASSUMING AND READ AGAIN WHAT I HAVE SAID
we read it

Plainfield, IL

#13 Sep 21, 2012
Justsayin4 wrote:
<quoted text>LISTEN UP PEOPLE I AM NOT DOWNING ANY OF OUR LOCAL FD IM SIMPLY STATING AN OPINION MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP ASSUMING AND READ AGAIN WHAT I HAVE SAID
You have doubt that your local FD could handle a bigger emergency. That is drowning them per say.
Justsayin4

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 22, 2012
we read it wrote:
<quoted text>
You have doubt that your local FD could handle a bigger emergency. That is drowning them per say.
sure.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Alsip Municipal Election 4 hr No Pat Kitching 25
Our Lady of the Ridge School Closing 6 hr Blame Game 20
Ménage a Trois 7 hr Internet Tough Guy 35
Stevo at the City Council meeting 7 hr BIIP Cards 292
BIIP Channel 4 7 hr Resident 2
God has Blessed America ...! 9 hr Pluto 2
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 10 hr Get to Work 124

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance