New law means everyone in vehicle buc...

New law means everyone in vehicle buckles up

There are 10 comments on the The Herald-News story from Jun 24, 2011, titled New law means everyone in vehicle buckles up. In it, The Herald-News reports that:

Brittany Ballard credits her family's survival of a bad wreck a few years back to seat belts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Herald-News.

concerned taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 24, 2011
And yet people on motorcycles don't have to wear a helmet!!!
makes no sense

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jun 25, 2011
the fact that motorcycle riders do not have to wear a helmet makes no sense to me. they are more exposed and in more danger than a passenger in a car not wearing a seat belt.
does anyone know where i can find the exact law stating at what age car seats do not need to be used anymore? I can't find an exact answer, even a police officer couldn't give me the exact law.
concerned taxpayer

Mchenry, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2011
makes no sense wrote:
the fact that motorcycle riders do not have to wear a helmet makes no sense to me. they are more exposed and in more danger than a passenger in a car not wearing a seat belt.
does anyone know where i can find the exact law stating at what age car seats do not need to be used anymore? I can't find an exact answer, even a police officer couldn't give me the exact law.
I believe a child has to be in a booster until age 8. There isn't an age or weight range anymore. It it now the age of 8.

That is what you call the power of lobbyists!!!!!! They get together and give campaign contributions to whichever senator who will promote their agenda.
Yep STILL crying

Forest Park, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2011
concerned taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe a child has to be in a booster until age 8. There isn't an age or weight range anymore. It it now the age of 8.
That is what you call the power of lobbyists!!!!!! They get together and give campaign contributions to whichever senator who will promote their agenda.
Crying on yet ANOTHER thread are ya? LMAO! This is pure gold!

So it was lobbyists that paid off officials to pass a law that requires everyone in a vehicle to buckle up?

I think everyone who reads you post will be instantaneously dumber for having read it.

Do tell us what lobby that would be and how it would benefit them won't you?

This I gotta hear!
concerned taxpayer

Mchenry, IL

#5 Jun 25, 2011
Yep STILL crying wrote:
<quoted text>Crying on yet ANOTHER thread are ya? LMAO! This is pure gold!

So it was lobbyists that paid off officials to pass a law that requires everyone in a vehicle to buckle up?

I think everyone who reads you post will be instantaneously dumber for having read it.

Do tell us what lobby that would be and how it would benefit them won't you?

This I gotta hear!
Dude, are u some kind of stalker??? Simply put. Why do people in cars have to wear seat belts if people on motorcycles don't have to wear helmets???

Do u think there aren't lobbyists in Springfield? Where do some of the campaign contributions come from....unions, insurance companies, MADD, etc.??? Go argue some place else you freaking weirdo!!!!
huh

Park Forest, IL

#6 Jun 25, 2011
how come kids on buses dont have to wear seat belts?
Yep STILL crying

Forest Park, IL

#7 Jun 25, 2011
<quoted text>
Dude, are u some kind of stalker??? Simply put. Why do people in cars have to wear seat belts if people on motorcycles don't have to wear helmets???
Do u think there aren't lobbyists in Springfield? Where do some of the campaign contributions come from....unions, insurance companies, MADD, etc.??? Go argue some place else you freaking weirdo!!!!
Yep ... that would be yet another NON-ANSWER to another question.

I'll ask again: So it was lobbyists that paid off officials to pass a law that requires everyone in a vehicle to buckle up? Do tell us what lobby that would be and how it would benefit them won't you?

Now I'll answer yours: Because people in cars die of not wearing them regardless of whether someone on a motorcycle wears one or not. Therefore, while there's not a helmet law for motorcycle riders (like there should be) or a law for them to be worn on school buses (which there should be), it's still a step in the right direction.

The fact that you need this explained to you isn't surprising at all. I'm beginning to wonder if you're REALLY 13 .. or just acting older.

I doubt you have any idea what it's like to lose someone in the BACK SEAT of a car who was thrown through the windshield because she didn't have her seat belt on or hear any of the gruesome details of what happened to her by another friend who happened to be working in the funeral home when her body came in.

Had this law been in effect then, there's a chance she'd be here now instead of 6 feet under.

As for me supposedly "stalking you"? Don't flatter yourself. But until you stop being such an ignorant, condescending, incredibly stupid, self-centered b**ch on these threads, there's always a chance you'll continue to be exposed and called out for it whenever I read one of your posts and feel you deserve it.

Like now.

The choice is yours.
concerned taxpayer

Mchenry, IL

#8 Jun 25, 2011
Yep STILL crying wrote:
<quoted text>Yep ... that would be yet another NON-ANSWER to another question.

I'll ask again: So it was lobbyists that paid off officials to pass a law that requires everyone in a vehicle to buckle up? Do tell us what lobby that would be and how it would benefit them won't you?

Now I'll answer yours: Because people in cars die of not wearing them regardless of whether someone on a motorcycle wears one or not. Therefore, while there's not a helmet law for motorcycle riders (like there should be) or a law for them to be worn on school buses (which there should be), it's still a step in the right direction.

The fact that you need this explained to you isn't surprising at all. I'm beginning to wonder if you're REALLY 13 .. or just acting older.

I doubt you have any idea what it's like to lose someone in the BACK SEAT of a car who was thrown through the windshield because she didn't have her seat belt on or hear any of the gruesome details of what happened to her by another friend who happened to be working in the funeral home when her body came in.

Had this law been in effect then, there's a chance she'd be here now instead of 6 feet under.

As for me supposedly "stalking you"? Don't flatter yourself. But until you stop being such an ignorant, condescending, incredibly stupid, self-centered b**ch on these threads, there's always a chance you'll continue to be exposed and called out for it whenever I read one of your posts and feel you deserve it.

Like now.

The choice is yours.
Hi Joy, can I have your autograph???
Seat Belts

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 26, 2011
<quoted text>
Havn't heard many adults refer to people as "Dude", says much about the mentality of this poster.
concerned taxpayer

Mchenry, IL

#10 Jun 26, 2011
Seat Belts wrote:
<quoted text>Havn't heard many adults refer to people as "Dude", says much about the mentality of this poster.
Like, yeah!!!! It like says a lot, doesn't it???!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vals New Videos 33 min interesting 39
The hermit 1 hr who cares 2
Front Street - Mokena,Ill. 1 hr Resident 34
Pillar of the community 2 hr Lucky fella 12
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 5 hr Rosewater 120
So what happenened to Ricky Rockets? (Jun '15) 14 hr More lies by Sharon 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Hank Kuspa as Mayor? 17 hr OFR 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages