Potaska is FOR Home Rule!
Better Educated Public

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 8, 2013
Home Rule Referendum wrote:
"City of Country Club Hills, Continue Home Rule"
Shall the City of Country Club Hills continue to be a Home Rule Municipality?
The better educated the public becomes the more aware, apparent, and obvious it is HOME RULE does NOT benefit taxpayers!
Everybody Reads It

Chicago, IL

#23 Mar 8, 2013
Information wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic is the BEST SOURCE for current INFORMATION so THANK YOU MR. STEVO for your help and doing your part to keep the community informed.
Absolutely the BEST news source!
Not a Leader

Chicago, IL

#24 Mar 8, 2013
The Suction Program wrote:
Potaska introduced one toxic terrible idea after another, stumbling over the words as he introduced each ordinance and idea to the council. It was so sad to watch.
Poor Judgement? Maybe but we can not forget how he advocated for plasma, home rule and the Jawa. All BAD ideas for the taxpayers, city, and the public.
Maybe

Chicago, IL

#25 Mar 8, 2013
Not a Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Judgement? Maybe but we can not forget how he advocated for plasma, home rule and the Jawa. All BAD ideas for the taxpayers, city, and the public.
Hauser has proven he is Not a leader either.
Blackman

United States

#26 Mar 9, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hauser has proven he is Not a leader either.
Is this you Pace-Green?
Xfinity

Chicago, IL

#27 Mar 9, 2013
NOtaska wrote:
Watch it here folks! Trying to cram Home Rule down our throats!
Don't vote this creep in again!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EUxPseqV0m0XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Indepedent he is NOT! And neither are any of his cronies running with him.
He takes his ques from Don. Stand up and say NO to Potaska and NO to Home Rule! The corruption ends NOW.
Indeed, that certainly appears to be candidate Mark Potaska.
SMH

Midlothian, IL

#28 Mar 9, 2013
Ha. As City Clerk, Patoska won't even be able to vote for any of those things or even propose them to city council. He's taking himself out of that loop by becoming City Clerk.
OMG

Chicago, IL

#29 Mar 9, 2013
He really is connected to home rule and JAWA.
Planet Peloquin

Blue Island, IL

#30 Mar 9, 2013
SMH wrote:
Ha. As City Clerk, Patoska won't even be able to vote for any of those things or even propose them to city council. He's taking himself out of that loop by becoming City Clerk.
What?
Home Rule Made History

Chicago, IL

#31 Mar 9, 2013
Illinois Policy Institute -
Home rule repealed in Westmont, rejected in 4 other communities

Many local voters didn’t realize it, but residents of Westmont, Ill., made history during last week’s election.

By a vote of 51.5 percent to 48.5 percent, Westmont became the first Illinois community to repeal a municipality’s home rule power in 29 years. The last repeal happened in Rockford in 1983.

Westmont automatically became a home rule community after a special census in 2007 showed Westmont had more than 25,000 residents. State law automatically grants home rule powers to communities with a population of more than 25,000.

The subsequent 2010 census showed that the village fell short of the 25,000 population mark, triggering an automatic home rule referendum according to state law.

Jim Tobin, president of Taxpayers United of America (TUA), has been fighting home rule in Illinois for decades. Tobin calls home rule “one of the most financially devastating schemes Illinois politicians have ever come up with.”

“Home rule means, literally, home rule unlimited taxing power,” Tobin said.“A home rule municipality can create just about any tax under the sun and raise taxes without limit.”
TUA assisted a group called Citizens for Westmont to work for elimination of the village’s home rule power in the referendum battle.

Enactment of home rule powers is often shortly followed by increases to sales, utility or property tax rates. Communities often borrow against future home rule revenues to finance big projects.

The recent November election had voters in nine communities in Illinois voting on home rule referendums. Home rule was defeated in five of those communities and approved in four others.

Illinois communities that rejected or repealed home rule
Elkville
Harrisburg
Kenilworth
River Forest
Westmont (population fell below 25,000)
Thanks WDDE

Chicago, IL

#32 Mar 10, 2013
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Glad WDDE could be at the Meet the Candidate Event.

You help get important information out to the people!
Remarkable Difference

Chicago, IL

#33 Mar 10, 2013
Candidate Campos for Cleck did a great job effectively communicating with everyone in both English and Spanish. He will make a difference in the City Clerk's office!
Blackman

United States

#34 Mar 10, 2013
Remarkable Difference wrote:
Candidate Campos for Cleck did a great job effectively communicating with everyone in both English and Spanish. He will make a difference in the City Clerk's office!
You must be joking! Mark Potoska knows more in his pinky finger than that Jose come lately!
Why can't you people see that Mark Potoska was born to be in that job. He & my man Tommy will bring a new spirit to Blue Island!
Too Embarrassed

Chicago, IL

#35 Mar 10, 2013
Not a Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Judgement? Maybe but we can not forget how he advocated for plasma, home rule and the Jawa. All BAD ideas for the taxpayers, city, and the public.
Potaska was at The Candidates Speak so why didn't he Speak in Support of the continuation of Blue Island in the Jawa project? The Jawa cost Blue Island consumers and taxpayers more than a million dollars to study another unproven project that has provided little or no information?
Blue Island taxpayers do not have money to waste. That million dollars-plus could have been used to open the closed bridges, repaved several miles of Blue Island roadways, and replaced sidewalks.
No comprende

Midlothian, IL

#36 Mar 10, 2013
Remarkable Difference wrote:
Candidate Campos for Cleck did a great job effectively communicating with everyone in both English and Spanish. He will make a difference in the City Clerk's office!
Maybe the Spanish speakers understood him, but I've been communicating in English my entire life and couldn't make out three words he said in English.
potwho9u

United States

#37 Mar 10, 2013
Blackman wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be joking! Mark Potoska knows more in his pinky finger than that Jose come lately!
Why can't you people see that Mark Potoska was born to be in that job. He & my man Tommy will bring a new spirit to Blue Island!
I see you take your mouth off of Tommy Brown's dick just long enough to make another ignorant statement. Damn! Who is really going to take care of the City. His sister got him his current job. brother got him his last job. The City pays the bills for the Recreation center, damn what has he really done. Voters don't give him his next job.
What R They Thinking

Chicago, IL

#38 Mar 10, 2013
Thanks WDDE wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wgkJRhMQz0AXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Glad WDDE could be at the Meet the Candidate Event.
You help get important information out to the people!
This Jawa hearing was very informative.
joker

West Chicago, IL

#39 Mar 10, 2013
Potaska is nothing more than a momma's boy who wants to follow in Peloquins footsteps... Introducing one bad idea after another. This guy has done nothing but pretend he's doing good for the city... When in fact he just wants to line his pockets. His metro south rent a cop gig must not be paying enough these days, thats why he's running.
Dirty Double Cross

Blue Island, IL

#40 Mar 21, 2013
Too Embarrassed wrote:
<quoted text>
Potaska was at The Candidates Speak so why didn't he Speak in Support of the continuation of Blue Island in the Jawa project? The Jawa cost Blue Island consumers and taxpayers more than a million dollars to study another unproven project that has provided little or no information?
Blue Island taxpayers do not have money to waste. That million dollars-plus could have been used to open the closed bridges, repaved several miles of Blue Island roadways, and replaced sidewalks.
I am so disappointed in Potaska, and his partner Alderman Jairo Frausto. They graduated from frasor-peloquin school with a degree in providing bad government. They both are strictly followers,protecting the status quo. Both sit on the city finance committee, where information is not given out freely.
Blue Islander

United States

#41 Mar 21, 2013
Dirty Double Cross wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so disappointed in Potaska, and his partner Alderman Jairo Frausto. They graduated from frasor-peloquin school with a degree in providing bad government. They both are strictly followers,protecting the status quo. Both sit on the city finance committee, where information is not given out freely.
Both Potoska & Frausto are flooding the wards with their young idealistic workers who are spreading the word & gospel that Potoska & Frausto are the young future of Blue Island and that the old gray beards like Vargas and Stevo should be given the finger and shown the door.
I had one young lady tell me that the young people of Blue Island are rising up in anger & frustration and will sweep the old people aside so that the youth will make everything right.
We will see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review; All Star Bar & Grill. (Feb '13) 8 min True facts 9
Who has the "right" to serve in the Military ? 38 min fix bayonets 1
Real estate Tax Bill (Jun '12) 1 hr CASA 41
Cal Sag Trail East 2 hr BIIP sucks 8
the forum (Jan '15) 3 hr Greenwood resident 74
State ID cards, drivers licenses, no longer acc... 4 hr Bar advisory 3
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 5 hr Fact 258

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages