curiousresident

Alsip, IL

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Has anyone heard that since "The Choke" Pyznarski took over the PD, that on most Friday and Saturday nights there are only 2 police officers patrolling the village (3 if you include the Seargent in the station)? In the meantime the village increased the liquor license time to 3am. It make sense now, 3 neighbors car were burglarized last week. We need more Cops on the street!!!!! The neighborhood is not safe anymore. Meanwhile, the latest is that the village trustees wants to layoff 2 guys but give themselves a raise. Disgusting!
Life Long resident

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Why don't you talk to the Trustees instead of naming the Chief - the Village extended the licenses and the trustess want to lay off - not the Chief
Hmmmm

Chicago Ridge, IL

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Absolutely correct! Also, why was Chuck gona run with a perfectly qualified candidate for clerk and was talked out of it by grove?, davies?. My opnion is that grove, davies and tokar each have their hands around each others neckswith secrets and grove used his trunmp card to select a hand picked lackey in barker to run with tokar.
This is the sad state of our village.Dan Badon needs help on the board.
Guess Who

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 2, 2013
I run this town and will soon be mayor. Soon we will have 4am liquor licenses, just watch....
curiousresident

Alsip, IL

#5 Jan 2, 2013
I agree that the board is mostly responsible but as the Chief it seems that Pyz should be fighting more for the rank and file! Say what you want about Baldy, but the village never tried shit like this with him.
Fan

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 2, 2013
I think Pyznarski does a great job given the B.S. that the Trustees throw his way. IE. The Lind antics at Ridge Fest ,. ect... Let the man do his job and things will be fine.
Fanned Job

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 2, 2013
Fan wrote:
I think Pyznarski does a great job given the B.S. that the Trustees throw his way. IE. The Lind antics at Ridge Fest ,. ect... Let the man do his job and things will be fine.
From the code book..."All appointees (like the Police Chief) may, from time to time, be suspended or removed from office by the president as advised in such cases made and provided." and also..."All appointed officers of the village shall hold their offices until the first Monday in May in each year following their appointments and until their successors shall have been appointed and qualified; subject, however, to removal by the president in accordance with the statutes in such cases made and provided."

It does look like the Police Chief serves as long as the Mayor wants them to be appointed... and we are about to have a New Mayor. Will Mayor Tokar want his own Police boss? Maybe we will have a new Police Chief. It might not be fair, but that is the reality.

Nice try

Alsip, IL

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Fan wrote:
Really??? Ask the members of the police department, I'll bet 90% disagree! The guy is a joke!
Nice not

Oak Lawn, IL

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Seems like you have an ax to grind....funny you will be the first to scream when the Police don't jump at your beck and call.....or perhaps you just think you can do everything better.....you would fit well on the Village Board....if you aren't already
Another Fan

Evergreen Park, IL

#10 Jan 2, 2013
The whole country has a major shortage of police recruits - which has reached crisis proportions in some cities - and fewer cops on the street than top brass say are needed for public protection.

Not in Chicago Ridge. Grove and Quintos and Saunoris want to cut your police department. Their friends have already retired and they want to chop up the rest of the Police Department.

Some law-enforcement agencies are getting creative. They are giving new recruits help with down payments on homes and, for experienced officers in other locales, they are offering signing bonuses for switching to a new city. They're even encouraging their own officers to find new recruits in exchange for extra vacation time.

Not in Chicago Ridge. Grove and Quintos and Saunoris want to cut your police department. Their friends have already retired and they want to chop up the rest of the Police Department.

All over the country agencies are concerned about the number and quality of their officers.

The shortage has made officer retention a top concern of for many police departments. Law-enforcement agencies say the consequences are slower emergency-response times and backlogs in criminal cases.

The Performance Party? Not in Chicago Ridge. Grove and Quintos and Saunoris want to cut your police department. Their friends have already retired and they want to chop up the rest of the Police Department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 27 min Geek Squad 153
"I'll make a note on that?" 4 hr Rebuild Blue Island 15
Bremen coach 4 hr Mouse 24
Bremen basketball 4 hr Yepper 2
Village of Mokena Off Sided Fumble 7 hr Dinas Barbershop 1
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... 11 hr Todd 7
Pardoning Torture 13 hr Res 12
Palos Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web