'Hypoallergenic' pet breeds can still...

'Hypoallergenic' pet breeds can still trigger symptoms

There are 31 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 14, 2009, titled 'Hypoallergenic' pet breeds can still trigger symptoms. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Those hypoallergenic dogs? Like the one the First Family will be adopting? They may not be exactly what people think.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Foxylady

Redmond, WA

#21 Mar 17, 2009
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if they have considered an Italian Greyhound? My friend has one, and he is the sweetest, most gentle dog. The coat is very short and no shedding or dander. The standard Greyhounds also make very nice pets.
The girls would probably vote for a fluffy lap dog like a Yorkie or a Maltese, lol. I think it's showing a lot of responsibility that they haven't caved to the girls' wishes and adopted until they were settled.
I think you're probably right that the girls would prefer a fluffy little dog they can cuddle with. Maybe one that's a little playful, but not too rambunctious. The problem with small dogs is that sometimes they're pretty fragile. I think waiting until the girls are out of school for summer vaction might be a good time to bring a dog into the home. That way the girls will have plenty of time to spend with the dog so they can get to know each other.
Astounded

United States

#22 Mar 17, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall the SUBJECT of this thread is "hypoallergenic pet breeds..." so WHEN are you going to start conversing about the subject? So far, YOU and DUH are the only ones that are OFF-TOPIC here. You need to get your head out of the sand in YOUR kitty litter box and realize YOU are the one with the "mental/emotional issues" and YOU are the one that's "taking your pathetic lifes' problems" out on US! Now....back to hypoallergenic pet breeds...!
And what have you said about the subject? I believe you came in here attacking the First Family for the breed of dog they have chosen....what has that got to do with the subject?
Krel

Bensenville, IL

#23 Mar 17, 2009
Astounded wrote:
<quoted text>
And what have you said about the subject? I believe you came in here attacking the First Family for the breed of dog they have chosen....what has that got to do with the subject?
Well said.

I think it's very presumptions for anyone to claim to know what they "think" the girls or family wants. It's their personal matter. To criticize their choice of puppy is just SOOOO LOOOOOW.
Foxylady

Redmond, WA

#24 Mar 17, 2009
Astounded wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, the Portugese water dog just happens to be considered a "hypoallergenic" breed. I "attacked" no one. If anyone is "attacking" here it's YOU.
Foxylady

Redmond, WA

#25 Mar 17, 2009
Krel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I think it's very presumptions for anyone to claim to know what they "think" the girls or family wants. It's their personal matter. To criticize their choice of puppy is just SOOOO LOOOOOW.
FYI, the correct word is "presumptuous".

I never claimed to "think" I know what the girls or family wants. It is my opinion that the temperament of a Portugese water dog does not lend itself well to anyone that doesn't have the time to give the dog the attention it needs to be a well adjusted and happy dog. For you to criticize me for my opinion is SOOOO LOOOOOW. lol

BTW, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Doing

Orland Park, IL

#26 Mar 18, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for correcting another poster's typo. None of us would have figured out what they meant without you. LOL

HA!
Foxylady

Redmond, WA

#27 Mar 18, 2009
Doing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for correcting another poster's typo. None of us would have figured out what they meant without you. LOL
HA!
You're welcome.
Doing

Orland Park, IL

#28 Mar 19, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Indeed. LOL! HA!
Quigly

United States

#29 Mar 25, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed to "think" I know what the girls or family wants. It is my opinion that the temperament of a Portugese water dog does not lend itself well to anyone that doesn't have the time to give the dog the attention it needs to be a well adjusted and happy dog. For you to criticize me for my opinion is SOOOO LOOOOOW. lol
BTW, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Foxy, no one cares what your opinion is even if you write it under 12 different personalities 200 different times.
Foxylady

Redmond, WA

#30 Mar 25, 2009
Quigly wrote:
<quoted text>
Foxy, no one cares what your opinion is even if you write it under 12 different personalities 200 different times.
CORRECTION; I've only used THREE screen names on this forum, two on purpose, one by accident. Can you honestly make the same claim? I dooon't thiiink sooooo! HA!
Quigly

United States

#31 Mar 25, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECTION; I've only used THREE screen names on this forum, two on purpose, one by accident. Can you honestly make the same claim? I dooon't thiiink sooooo! HA!
Exactly HOW do you use a screen name "by accident"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Pam Frasor Don Peloquin Todd Stroger Ha... (Jan '10) 33 min Change is needed 257
Oak Forest Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting G... 47 min Bengal Mom 3
New Thornton's fuel center grand opening June ... 1 hr June 27 2016 37
A cowardly excuse for a man 1 hr Marie Tolliver 22
Racist Midlothian 2 hr The Naked Chicken 61
Red Light Camera's in Crestwood 2 hr Marcos 12
master sarges cwpd 7 hr Phil R 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages