Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Colli...

Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision

There are 75 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 5, 2014, titled Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A horrific two-vehicle accident in Bridgeview disrupted Fourth of July festivities late Friday afternoon that claimed the lives of four people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bridgeview resident

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 5, 2014
It is so stupid with these young guys drag racing on harlem avenue. Police are suspecting drag racing from the reports I heard. Bridgeview used to be such a nice quiet town before the new mayor took over. Now it is turning into a run down town with a part time police force. Bridgeview police are notorious for doing the bare minimum when it comes to police work. All the town cares about is that stupid stadium that costs us taxpayers more and more money.
Bridgeview Resident too

Saint Charles, IL

#2 Jul 5, 2014
Bridgeview resident wrote:
It is so stupid with these young guys drag racing on harlem avenue. Police are suspecting drag racing from the reports I heard. Bridgeview used to be such a nice quiet town before the new mayor took over. Now it is turning into a run down town with a part time police force. Bridgeview police are notorious for doing the bare minimum when it comes to police work. All the town cares about is that stupid stadium that costs us taxpayers more and more money.
So a couple kids from Worth and Palos are driving like idiots down Harlem ave. and cause an accident in which they and two innocent people die and somehow the mayor amd police are to blame??? Get real....This accident could of happened in any suburb on Harlem ave.from Frankfort all the way to Niles...
Scurve

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2014
I thought Oremus ran that town with an iron fist.
wow

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 5, 2014
Look what has moved in over the years, dont blame the part-time cops or the mayor,
Bridgeview Resident too

Saint Charles, IL

#6 Jul 5, 2014
Oremus did......Twenty years ago...No iron fist would of stopped a couple of kids from driving reckless into an incoming vehicle...
Bridgeview resident

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 5, 2014
Well, before the new mayor and his cronies took over there wasn't this garbage happening in Bridgeview. Now that bridgeview is on the map as the mayor puts it we are getting a bunch of ghetto behavior in our town. My house got robbed the year the mayor opened the stadium and decided to put in sidewalks on 71st. We have been here over 45 years and was never robbed until the new mayor took over. Also, the mosque has turned Bridgeview into the middle east. And the two guys driving the Camaro had names that sound middle eastern to me. And if Bridgeview had a full time police force watching the streets like it should these things like drag racind wouldn't be going on down Harlem avenue. I mean to go a 100 miles per hour down harlem is suicide. I go the speed limit down harlem and feel like I am playing the video game frogger with so many people and the stupid things they do on harlem avenue. I think if people are caught drag racing they should be automatically sent to jail just like people that hit a construction worker can be sent to jail automatically. I am a taxpayer and beyond pissed how my taxes have been affected in Bridgeview. I mean I feel like I live in the middle east now.
Bridgeview Resident too

Saint Charles, IL

#8 Jul 5, 2014
wow wrote:
Look at the kids facebook page he was a p.o.s
I dont see either one on face book....Which one is on there?
Insider

Schaumburg, IL

#9 Jul 5, 2014
I heard they were in a hurry to get a good seat at the firework show later that evening
Insider

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Jul 5, 2014
Was there damage done to Harlem ave
Bridgeview resident

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 5, 2014
Insider there was no fireworks show on 4th of july in bridgeview. So no they could not have been in a hurry to get a good seat at the fireworks show. It is sad that young people don't realize how vulnerable they are. They just don't realize that they can die from doing stupid things. I am just shocked to hear the reports of somebody driving a hundred miles per hour down harlem avenue. I have lived here all my life and never heard of something so stupid in Bridgeview. I mean where were the police when these guys were doing this. You would think they would be patrolling more on harlem especially on 4th of july. That is the one day a year with the most drunk drivers on the road. And to call the two guys that caused the accident victims shocked me in one news report. They were beyond careless and caused the deaths of an older couple because of their disreguard for public safety. I hope they catch the idiot that got away drag racing with the driver of the Camaro.
middle eastern

Oak Lawn, IL

#12 Jul 5, 2014
Well, before the new mayor and his cronies took over there wasn't this garbage happening in Bridgeview. Now that bridgeview is on the map as the mayor puts it we are getting a bunch of ghetto behavior in our town. My house got robbed the year the mayor opened the stadium and decided to put in sidewalks on 71st. We have been here over 45 years and was never robbed until the new mayor took over. Also, the mosque has turned Bridgeview into the middle east. And the two guys driving the Camaro had names that sound middle eastern to me. And if Bridgeview had a full time police force watching the streets like it should these things like drag racind wouldn't be going on down Harlem avenue. I mean to go a 100 miles per hour down harlem is suicide. I go the speed limit down harlem and feel like I am playing the video game frogger with so many people and the stupid things they do on harlem avenue. I think if people are caught drag racing they should be automatically sent to jail just like people that hit a construction worker can be sent to jail automatically. I am a taxpayer and beyond pissed how my taxes have been affected in Bridgeview. I mean I feel like I live in the middle east now.
you should be privileged to feel like ur in the middle east. Stop being racist. If you don't like it then get outta here.
Bridgeview resident

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, to mr. middle eastern I say look if you don't like the way Americas do things go back to the middle east. And no I am not going to accept bridgeview as a middle eastern town. I have lived here all my life. My family as been in Bridgeview 57 years. And why is it that every time people say anything about middle easterners we are being called racist. The main problem I have is that middle easterners want to turn America into the middle east. If you want your middle eastern culture so much go back to where you came from. Start respecting the American way of life. America has laws we live by. And your women are the worst drivers I have ever seen on the roads. I think it's cuz the never drove in the middle east and now they are learning on our streets. It is like a bunch of 16 year old drivers on the road that don't understand English and can't follow the rules of the road in Bridgeview. I think what started all the problems in Bridgeview was opening that mosque and electing the mayor we have now. Harlem avenue where that crashed happened is turning into a zoo.
In Your Face

Tinley Park, IL

#15 Jul 6, 2014
My heart goes to the kid that's lying in the hospital and probably doesn't know about his parents death.
To the families of the accident causer, I have no sympathy for you, sorry I tried but I can't, the wrong started by carelessness in parenthood to not monitoring what your kids do, you are supposed to be raising a good not muslim generation not a careless carefree "kids", I am surprised with their attitude they are over 20 and behaved like 5 year olds, when they are supposed to be responsible adults, that's what you get for not teaching them responsibility and above all instill the love of God/Allah in their hearts.

As for all the rest ignorant fools blaming this on middle eastern ways
1: you are so ignorant you that you call us sand monkeys when most of us come from places that are neither a desert nor has sand in it!!!!!
2: if you educate yourself a little bit on our traditions you would really appreciate us more and hate us less.
3: Please know that in Middle East and Europe and America and China and everywhere in the world there are some parents who don't know how to raise kids, and their are some kids that are just beyond advice and good parenting can't be helped, regardless or their heritage or where they come from.
No on race is superior to the other, we are all the same in front of God so stop hating the origin of the skin and start hating the origin of the problem, work towards fixing or help fix the issue at had which is "pay more attention to your kids"
Thank you for listening
Born in Middle East, raised here and there, learnt to drive here and proud of my driving
Ps: i too sometimes wonder how some women got their drivers license from the way they drive.
Bridgeview resident

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 6, 2014
I personally think the country and our town is so much more worse off since the start of integrating all these different races everywhere you go. Everywhere I go there is no more white only areas. I miss that. I miss the days when you could go places and everybody was white. Now, everywhere you go it's white, black, Mexican, indan, and Asians. I mean how did all this happen. I recently went to an area to see a move that was still all white. I couldn't believe how nice and pleasant the experience was. It reminded me of the way Bridgeview was years ago. I mean years ago you never saw blacks walking down the street in Bridgeview. And all the businesses were owned by whites. Now, all the businesses in Bridgeview are mostly owned by middle easterners. They get tax breaks to open up businesses in America. People born here are struggling cuz we don't get tax breaks to help our situations like the do. And these young arabs with these sports cars playing Russian roulette driving down harlem at a hundred miles per hour are so stupid to risk hurting themselves and others. Now 4 are dead because of young guys driving recklessly.
Hmwk

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jul 6, 2014
So let me get this straight . White American or whatever kids don't cause accidents. Middle easterners and mosques are the sole reason bridge view has problems? Give me a break . Get your head out of your bigoted ass. Such an ignorant thing to say . How many non Muslim have cause drunk driving accidents? Or no Muslims caused speeding accidents? So stupid .
Hmwk

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jul 6, 2014
Well, maybe when you stop messing with everyone else's country , they will have no need to come here. If this accident involved two white kids which had nothing to do with race or religion , would we be having these asinine conversations . It tragic and stupid and a young boy lost his parents but this isn't about throwing blame on different groups of people. Don't worry soon some white kids wi cause some deaths at the hands of Christian drunk driving ....ugh so dumb
Hmwk

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jul 6, 2014
No we don't want to turn it into middle east but hey we do have the right to own businesses . You do to. No One is stopping you. You eat foods that aren't American, you use oil that doesn't belong to America, you fight against people so that they loose their country and then say we don't want your kinds here. That's rich....I mean you can sling MUDD all day long but it doesn't change anything. You just want an excuse to talk your bigoted trash.
Yeah, to mr. middle eastern I say look if you don't like the way Americas do things go back to the middle east. And no I am not going to accept bridgeview as a middle eastern town. I have lived here all my life. My family as been in Bridgeview 57 years. And why is it that every time people say anything about middle easterners we are being called racist. The main problem I have is that middle easterners want to turn America into the middle east. If you want your middle eastern culture so much go back to where you came from. Start respecting the American way of life. America has laws we live by. And your women are the worst drivers I have ever seen on the roads. I think it's cuz the never drove in the middle east and now they are learning on our streets. It is like a bunch of 16 year old drivers on the road that don't understand English and can't follow the rules of the road in Bridgeview. I think what started all the problems in Bridgeview was opening that mosque and electing the mayor we have now. Harlem avenue where that crashed happened is turning into a zoo.
Hmwk

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jul 6, 2014
sounds like your white trash and I'm sure you really give a damn about the Gonzales family. They are Hispanic ( good thing they weren't the cause of the accident). yes they are the ignorant ones .... You sound very forward thinking and brilliant .
Hmwk

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jul 6, 2014
sounds like your white trash and I'm sure you really give a damn about the Gonzales family. They are Hispanic ( good thing they weren't the cause of the accident). yes they are the ignorant ones .... You sound very forward thinking and brilliant . Oh and I forgot ,drag racing was started by the Arab Muslim extremist.
Amena

Homer Glen, IL

#22 Jul 7, 2014
Go to hell w the Middle East thing!! Ur an ignorant individual and ignorant people like u should go to jail!!! For being plain ol dumb!!! U act like ur living in orland or oak brook relax it's just bridgeview! Maybe u need to move to the Middle East then maybe class would rub off on u!!!? Beeeooiitttccchhh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stevo at the City Council meeting 2 hr Truth b told 31
Carmine and Fred Bilotto Accosted Resident afte... 2 hr box of rocks 86
Honoring Fred Bilotto (Mar '11) 3 hr Beverly Shores IN 123
124th Street Meetings 9 hr Singlefatherof3 14
Hillary 2016 ...Lock Her Up 9 hr Election 2016 14
Homeless Beggars on SW Hwy & Harlem (Dec '14) 10 hr worthless 7
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 10 hr Women Empowerment 8,963

Palos Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance