Heroin epidemic in Palos Hills

Heroin epidemic in Palos Hills

Posted in the Palos Hills Forum

Tom

Evergreen Park, IL

#1 Nov 23, 2012
Parents -- You NEED to keep an extremely close eye on your kids! So many of you are failing as parents because you are not being strict enough on your teenagers the way our parents were on us growing up. There are so many teens in Palos DYING from heroin overdose. My son goes to Stagg and according to him, every 3 out of 4 kids he goes to school with is doing heroin. When we were young we all smoked pot, but we were safe and it was innocent. Heroin is extremely deadly, extremely addictive, and extremely silent. You might think "My son/daughter would never touch heroin" but then they are the biggest user. You HAVE to watch your kids for their own safety. The people you least expect to do heroin are the ones that do it. Rich, classy, poor or scummy, anyone can do it. Help save our kids lives and watch for warning signs. Check their bags. Check their arms and legs for needle entry marks. Alot of kids have been smoking it too. Check for odd behavior and signs of addiction. If you see or know anyone who is doing heroin please report them to the police before its too late. Parents NEED to take care of their kids.
YEA

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 5, 2012
LET THEM DIE!!!!
Girl

Evergreen Park, IL

#3 Dec 16, 2012
I just read an article the other day about teens overdosing on heroin in Palos. So far there have been 17 deaths this year from heroin in Palos alone.
Hickory Patrick

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 16, 2012
ya, palos police even made a video on you tube with doctors from palos hospital about how heroin is growing in our area...is more pure an deadly today..
Concerned parent

Belvidere, IL

#5 Dec 27, 2012
It only takes one time of doing heroin and YOU are addicted. Kids are enticed by drug dealers who fool them and tell them it is something else. Educate your kids tell them every day before it is all too late!
Anonymous

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2012
If the parents in Palos Hills would stop giving their kids money so they don't have to be bothered with them and PARENT we would be talking about something else. Heroin and Cocaine are the choice of the wealthy. It's sad but true, I bet the parents don't even know the people their kids are hanging out with!
Concerned

Northbrook, IL

#7 Jan 18, 2013
17 deaths from heroin in palos???? Your facts are flawed....
Girl wrote:
I just read an article the other day about teens overdosing on heroin in Palos. So far there have been 17 deaths this year from heroin in Palos alone.
MINORITYX

Palos Hills, IL

#8 Mar 2, 2013
This drug is extremely addictive. Young people use this because it gives them a instant drunk feeling once snorted. Once that happens and they throw up, that's it. Your body is trying to get rid of it but if you take it again you are hooked after second use. Your body will need it. Watch out for running nose feeling sick all the time, until they get a fix. If your kid is sick and some how instantly well, they just got a fix. If your loveones use a needle they are already a junkie. Drugs are for weak people.
Dumb asses

Oak Lawn, IL

#9 Mar 11, 2013
Palos Hills have lost ZERO kids from heroin. Being involved with the public as well as Stagg I can tell you that there are probably 5 kids that are suspected of using. 1 in 4? Really? Again, DUMB ASSES!
Calumet Cowboy

Greenwood, IN

#10 Mar 11, 2013
If so many are dying from heroin in Palos Hills, and 1 in 4 at Stagg are heroin junkies, there wouldn't be a car stereo, GPS, or spare change left in any parked car for 4 towns around Palos..

And some of the "tips" given by these posters on finding junkies is assinine. If you come home from work and the big screen TV, all your jewelry, and the other car is missing, your kid is a heroin addict. If your kid tends to drive around Robbins, Harvey, or Roseland a lot, your kid's on dope. If your kid asks you for $100 every 2 days "for stuff," your kids on dope. If your kid looks like he needs a bath, has greasy-ass hair, and basically doesn't take care of themself, along with all of the above, your kids a junkie. If your kid's new "friends" scare the shit out of you, your kid could be a junkie, or could be a goof.
the truth

Portage, MI

#11 Mar 17, 2013
You people are blind. There have been 4 people that died so far this past year from heroin over dose in palos hills! At stagg it is more like every 2 of 4 kids doing heroin. They are lucky they haven't over dosed yet. Heroin is not expensive like you idiots think, the way they are selling it is affordable and its actually the "jocks" and "hollister" clad kids who are doing it the most. Open your fking eyes. I know the people who died from over dose and I know tons of kids at stagg that do it cuz I'm a senior at stagg. My parents raised me right so I don't touch that crap. Looks like a lot of you failed on raising ur kids though because they are becoming junkies.
parent

New Orleans, LA

#12 Apr 14, 2013
Yes, you can watch your kids and be very strict and some times being overly strict can make them rebel. These kids are from all walks of life. It appears most of them are self medicating themselves because they have ADD, severe depression, bipolar, anxiety and or learning complications. This is what the Robert Crown Center stated. Educate your kids about drugs, be the best parent you can be, and pray they don't touch it! ALL IT TAKE IS ONE TIME OF USE AND YOUR ARE ADDICTED. The drug dealers are showing up at parties and letting them try for FREE. They tell them it is something else. This is a scary world; just pray your kid doesn't do it! I lost mine.
Common

Woodstock, IL

#13 Aug 7, 2013
The parents of some of these kids are junkies themselves. How do you tell a junkie to not let their kids become junkies. Its sad 15 16 17 year old hookers and bums. Sucking for money for a fix. But when the police show up at your door and tell you that your kid might be on drugs then we yell at the police like they did something wrong. Its amazing. Growing up if i talked back to my parents i got my. @ss whipped. Parents these days want to be friends instead of parents. OPEN YOUR FCKN EYES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Attorney for Robbins Illinois Failed t... 2 hr Stop Sex Trafficking 19
A cowardly excuse for a man 7 hr Gene Gene 20
Tokar Fest 2017 7 hr PBRAMF 3
Recall Rybak 7 hr wow 11
Mayor Vargas deserves No Medal Of Honor for Sta... 7 hr Lean In 117
and there off The 2017 race for Mayor. 7 hr PBRAMF 34
The Blue Island Forum 8 hr We Checked 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Hills Mortgages