Cops: Oak Forest Woman Accused of Ste...

Cops: Oak Forest Woman Accused of Stealing More Than $9,200 From Sandburg HS

There are 29 comments on the Patch.com story from Oct 5, 2012, titled Cops: Oak Forest Woman Accused of Stealing More Than $9,200 From Sandburg HS. In it, Patch.com reports that:

An Oak Forest woman who works as a cashier at Carl Sandburg High School is facing felony charges after she was accused Friday of stealing two cash deposits from the school in late August totaling $9,215.70, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patch idiots

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 5, 2012
THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE BREAKING NEWS YOU IDIOTS. PATHETIC LOCAL HALF WITS TRYING TO PASS THEMSELVES OFF AS A NEWS ORGANIZATION. TAKE YOUR HOUND AND ATTEND A JOURNALISM CLASS.
Slightly Agreed

Oak Forest, IL

#2 Oct 5, 2012
I agree, the "BREAKING NEWS" label is being misused. Seems like they are tossing it unto anything these days.

Your use of CAPS and lack of knowledge on Patch staff serves to discredit your argument though. When I looked into working for Patch prior to launch here, it seemed they required a journalism degree. The author of that article does in fact possess such degree. I think the problem is what is being taught in journalism school these days. This and the lack of testicular fortitude to do in-depth, hard news these days.

Breaking News should really be reserved for a story that just took place. Not stories about the other day written today, or a star QB's injuries, etc.
silly

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 5, 2012
Slightly Agreed wrote:
I agree, the "BREAKING NEWS" label is being misused. Seems like they are tossing it unto anything these days.

Your use of CAPS and lack of knowledge on Patch staff serves to discredit your argument though. When I looked into working for Patch prior to launch here, it seemed they required a journalism degree. The author of that article does in fact possess such degree. I think the problem is what is being taught in journalism school these days. This and the lack of testicular fortitude to do in-depth, hard news these days.

Breaking News should really be reserved for a story that just took place. Not stories about the other day written today, or a star QB's injuries, etc.
I doubt they are being taught this in school. It most likely is a directive from Patch to create readership. The Breaking News story last week about a HS football player was just plain ridiculous! To bad for the kid but really? It was not breaking news by any measure
good job

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Well, well, well karma is a b$tch. I watched that same caahier roll her eyes at a poor mom when the mom could not pay for her childrens registration fee. I found that extremely unprofessional behavior of that cashier. The cashier rudely spoke condesendingly to that mom also. It was embarrasing to witness this kind of behavior from an employee of the school. I spoke to the mom after that and the mom admitted to me that she had turned in paperwork to that cashier and it went missing too. All I'm saying is what goes around comes around and when this cashier defends herself to the judge I hope he rolls his eyes at her and finds her quilty.
wondering eyes

Oak Forest, IL

#5 Oct 6, 2012
good job wrote:
Well, well, well karma is a b$tch. I watched that same caahier roll her eyes at a poor mom when the mom could not pay for her childrens registration fee. I found that extremely unprofessional behavior of that cashier. The cashier rudely spoke condesendingly to that mom also. It was embarrasing to witness this kind of behavior from an employee of the school. I spoke to the mom after that and the mom admitted to me that she had turned in paperwork to that cashier and it went missing too. All I'm saying is what goes around comes around and when this cashier defends herself to the judge I hope he rolls his eyes at her and finds her quilty.
eye hear ya roll roll to fill her soul
Bbs

Alsip, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2012
The Patch is a website for the local governments/school districts to post their one-sided press releases.
silly

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 6, 2012
Bbs wrote:
The Patch is a website for the local governments/school districts to post their one-sided press releases.
Hmmm.... The Southtown ran a similar story. Neither story is a press release. both stories are written by reporters and quote the police. Better go back and read it again
Patch idiots

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 6, 2012
We used the caps to attract some feedback on their blatant misunderstanding of what constitutes Breaking News. Degree or not, the site has rapidly degraded into a place where any and every article becomes a place for political mud slinging. Lauren won't do anything about it because the site is getting clicks, which helps attract new eyes.

I think they had some guy named nick running the OF site for a while, but I'm pretty sure he got sacked.
interesting

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Patch idiots wrote:
We used the caps to attract some feedback on their blatant misunderstanding of what constitutes Breaking News. Degree or not, the site has rapidly degraded into a place where any and every article becomes a place for political mud slinging. Lauren won't do anything about it because the site is getting clicks, which helps attract new eyes.

I think they had some guy named nick running the OF site for a while, but I'm pretty sure he got sacked.
Does anyone know what the arrangement is between Patch and Topix? Many of the same stories?

Awhile back I posted information contrary to what our local school board and school district was saying I was quoting what a government office had told me on Topix. It was immediately deleted from topix each time I posted it

Just wondering why ? What is there interest? Why are they on posting what the school said and not what a citizen wanted posted?
read read read

Oak Forest, IL

#10 Oct 6, 2012
this forum is suppose to be about a cashier at Sandburg ripping off the school. Start your own forum about the government, spelling, breaking news, patch, etc etc
R Money

Alsip, IL

#11 Oct 6, 2012
They charged someone with stealing $9,000. Big Deal...The crooked politicians are stealing your retirement. Reading the paper I see more and more stories about corruption. The media focuses on the November elections when in fact April elections effect our lives more.



sandburg parent

Oak Forest, IL

#12 Oct 6, 2012
read read read wrote:
this forum is suppose to be about a cashier at Sandburg ripping off the school. Start your own forum about the government, spelling, breaking news, patch, etc etc
this same cashier would tell a senior they could not graduate on stage because their account was not paid on senior check out day. First off, if a students account is not settled why is she discussing this with the student and not the parent who is responsible for the bill. She obviously must get rocks off seeing the student upset by her statement.
R Money

Alsip, IL

#13 Oct 6, 2012
Certainly not nice.

Off topic but it is topical

...http://www.iasb.com/sbmd/Ne wsReleaseschboardmbrday2012.pd f
R Money

Alsip, IL

#14 Oct 6, 2012
interesting

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 7, 2012
sandburg parent wrote:
<quoted text>this same cashier would tell a senior they could not graduate on stage because their account was not paid on senior check out day. First off, if a students account is not settled why is she discussing this with the student and not the parent who is responsible for the bill. She obviously must get rocks off seeing the student upset by her statement.
I

It is very inappropriate She should not be discussing it with a child, probaly in front of all their peers as well.

It should be a professional administrator with a parent in a private setting. Not the cashier - what gives her the authority to enforce policy??

But I am pretty sure other schools - Oak Forest for example handle it the same way. First the office gives the kid a note saying pay / return this or that
interesting

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 7, 2012
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>I

It is very inappropriate She should not be discussing it with a child, probaly in front of all their peers as well.

It should be a professional administrator with a parent in a private setting. Not the cashier - what gives her the authority to enforce policy??

But I am pretty sure other schools - Oak Forest for example handle it the same way. First the office gives the kid a note saying pay / return this or that
So any thoughts on what will happen to this woman? Sure she has no previous record. Probally probation?

Did she have a school pension? If so does she loose it?
Patch idiots

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 7, 2012
We can say anything about the patch in any forum we want. After all, the politcal wackos infiltrate each and every thread over there without so much as a peep from the editors, right Lauren?

If patch is supposed to be LOCAL, then why is half the crap they post have to do with elections outside of OF? God forbid you nominate a non-OF business for "best of", but do they fill up the site with crap about Obama and Romney? Of course they do, because it attracts eyes. The hypocrisy is epic, which is why they are having so much trouble attracting advertisers to the site.

Here's some breaking news, patch. YOU ARE NOT A NEWS SITE. So purporting yourself to be one.

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#18 Oct 7, 2012
Patch idiot: You certainly can say anything you want on any forum, even tho it is slightly off topic.

I am wondering tho, why don't you post these comments on the Oak Forest Patch website since alot of these posts seem to be indirectly, at best, directed towards Lauren? Commenting to her here is like talking about her behind her back instead of confronting her 'face to face' on her forum.

According to you, this story does not constitute Breaking News. What does? Murder, mayhem, rape...thank God we don't have alot of that here!

I will be watching for the next 'Breaking News Alert' to hit my email and your responding comment. But then here's a thought...if you don't like the "Breaking News Alerts" you simply have to unsubscribe from their website!

Have a wonderful day!
Patch idiots

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 7, 2012
I don't get the breaking emails. My point is that they leave the banner up there for days and days after the event happens. More times than not, theyre a day late even posting it. By the time they hang the banner on the site, it's already yesterday's news, so to speak.
I'm not interested on posting to their site, because that requires giving out my email, which is NYTB. Never met Lauren, and although she is likely a nice person, as the editor of the site she does very little to keep threads on topic once they venture off into political flame throwing.
OF Mom

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 8, 2012
Ive noticed that if you post something on their Facebook page they try and make you post it on the main patch page. I was told this is because they want to make you sign up up for emails and other spam stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
large tree branch down 8 min serio 15
Future Mayor 15 min Lol 47
flooding reported in the 7th (Dec '15) 31 min Indictment 25
Vincennes Ave closed at 123rd pl 36 min Hilarious 3
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 39 min BIIP Made Scandal 244
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 45 min Detrimental to BI 19
Downed power lines 58 min Mark J Kuehner 6

Palos Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Hills Mortgages