Fire crews leave coyote in Lake Michigan; its fate is unclear

An aborted water rescue of a wild coyote Tuesday left animal advocates furious with Chicago rescue crews. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Linda

Western Springs, IL

#152 Mar 8, 2009
Danno wrote:
<quoted text>
Coyotes are terrible animals. The ones who live near dairy farms tend to attack in packs and tear the udders out of the cattle—the sweetest meat, apparently—and leave the dairy cow to bleed to death or wait for the farmer to put it down with his rifle.
The problem is, the more coyotes you shoot or trap, the larger litters they have. Their population rebounds amazingly. Shame, really.
Coyotes and wolves love to kill livestock, they kill an animal for a couple bites of meat, then return the next night to kill another animal. That is why farmers and ranchers have to shoot at them from airplanes. It is economic survival.
Linda

Western Springs, IL

#153 Mar 8, 2009
gothdiva wrote:
You are all a bunch of fckheads.....a life is a life is a life.....and human beings are the worst of all the entire breathing universe....
And yes, as an 'animal lover/peta supporter etc'(AARRRRRHHH THE HORROR - the goddess forbid that some people care about life forms other than human beings).....I would have jumped in.
You equate human life with a coyote? Are you off your meds? You just confirmed the impression I had of PETA.
Ivory Dove

Helotes, TX

#154 Mar 8, 2009
VivianC wrote:
Maybe the "animal advocates" should have gone out there and saved it.
Good point. The fire crew members don't need to
be exposed to possible rabies bites.
TheatreLovr

Riverdale, GA

#155 Jun 3, 2011
I find it hilarious that people are bashing coyotes--calling them vicious, greedy creatures that kill and devour everything and take over things that don't belong to them. It's funny...sounds an awful lot like another creature I know called the human being. Sad to say, but human beings bring home the blue ribbon for being the absolute worst animal on Earth. And for the people that say "let nature take its course"--humans don't follow that rule either. We take care of our sick, elderly, and handicapped (well, the decent ones of our species do). So that's my little two cents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strange guy from Comcast around neighborhood... 4 min Midlothian resident 4
Facebook Crusaders 2 hr Whats really funny 23
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 2 hr The truth 46
City lists 'problem landlords' on web... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Concealed carry in midlothian? 4 hr Keeler 3
Alsip's Action Party Mayor Kitching (Mar '14) 5 hr mee2 23
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... 6 hr Mind Your Business 27
Palos Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web