SD 218’s Pratl quits; challenger drop...

SD 218’s Pratl quits; challenger drops case

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

editor

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Jun 25, 2011
(from Southtown June 22)

Though he’d not yet officially been sworn in, Community High School District 218 6th District incumbent Ron Pratl has resigned from the school board.

In a written statement issued Wednesday, Pratl said that “due to unforeseen personal and medical circumstances, I am unable to continue my services to the district.”

Also on Wednesday, candidate Linda Flanagan Vahl, who ran against Pratl in the April election, voluntarily dropped her election challenge — which would include a vote recount in all of the 6th District’s 14 precincts — citing the legal cost of continuing the case. It was not clear whether Flanagan Vahl was aware of Pratl’s decision to step down.

According to official election results, Pratl was certified as the election winner by a slim 21-vote margin.

Despite winning re-election, Pratl had not yet been sworn in to serve a new term on the school board.

Because a judge did not overturn the outcome, Flanagan Vahl does not officially have claim to the seat, according to District 218 attorney Burt Odelson.

As a result of the vacancy, District 218 is seeking applications for a school board member within the 6th District through July 1. Flanagan Vahl hopes that District 218’s board will consider her.
MRD

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Jul 8, 2011
So who is getting appointed? There are people that want to know.
BDoggg

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 18, 2011
Seen enough already

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2011
Pratl was never replaced on the board. This school board is operating with only 6 members. I not sure if that is legal . I know it isn't ethical. The People from Chicago Ridge don't have a representative on the board now. I guess that just gives our guy Corsi more opportunity to hire more of his friends and relatives. That whole board should be replaced with some fresh faces and stop the patronage .
Employee

United States

#5 Jan 22, 2012
No room for more corsi people until they get rid of pratl s people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 2 hr keep it simple 436
What is your favorite thing about Midlothian? 3 hr Up and Up 28
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 3 hr get real 40
UPS Adverse weather conditions (Jul '10) 8 hr Painsomnia 127
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 10 hr WE THE PEOPLE 8,237
Ed Moody supported Rod Blagjenvich 10 hr Nightmare 11
News Summit names Rodriguez to succeed Strzelczyk 13 hr Resident 1
More from around the web

Palos Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE