|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

Judged:

(from Southtown June 22)

Though he’d not yet officially been sworn in, Community High School District 218 6th District incumbent Ron Pratl has resigned from the school board.

In a written statement issued Wednesday, Pratl said that “due to unforeseen personal and medical circumstances, I am unable to continue my services to the district.”

Also on Wednesday, candidate Linda Flanagan Vahl, who ran against Pratl in the April election, voluntarily dropped her election challenge — which would include a vote recount in all of the 6th District’s 14 precincts — citing the legal cost of continuing the case. It was not clear whether Flanagan Vahl was aware of Pratl’s decision to step down.

According to official election results, Pratl was certified as the election winner by a slim 21-vote margin.

Despite winning re-election, Pratl had not yet been sworn in to serve a new term on the school board.

Because a judge did not overturn the outcome, Flanagan Vahl does not officially have claim to the seat, according to District 218 attorney Burt Odelson.

As a result of the vacancy, District 218 is seeking applications for a school board member within the 6th District through July 1. Flanagan Vahl hopes that District 218’s board will consider her.
MRD

Worth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

So who is getting appointed? There are people that want to know.
BDoggg

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Seen enough already

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

Pratl was never replaced on the board. This school board is operating with only 6 members. I not sure if that is legal . I know it isn't ethical. The People from Chicago Ridge don't have a representative on the board now. I guess that just gives our guy Corsi more opportunity to hire more of his friends and relatives. That whole board should be replaced with some fresh faces and stop the patronage .
Employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

No room for more corsi people until they get rid of pratl s people

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palos Heights Discussions

Search the Palos Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
nicholas guiffre ggc concrete-- g&n custom conc... (Oct '10) 2 hr Lincoln 21
Travel Baseball 9u Tryouts 4 hr Baseball Cobra 1
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 6 hr confused 1,167
crestwood strip club 7 hr When 11
City hands out another Public works job 7 hr mismanaged 22
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr truth 49,025
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 10 hr bully 112
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palos Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palos Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE