Mean

Chicago, IL

#7680 Jul 7, 2013
I don't agree, I get along with dozens of CPO they actually work and have a good reason to be grumpy unlike LPO they don't do shit
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7681 Jul 8, 2013
Taxpayers United wrote:
<quoted text>
And the citizens should "pay the price" for alledged mistreatment by the Village? Isn't that why the PD has the FOP to represent them?
How about this explanation: The last 2 VOL PD chiefs were imported from CPD...which in many respects seems to be in a race to the bottom - just behind LA - on civil rights, excessive force, color of law violations, code of silence, etc., and citizen input via Neighborhood Watch, a non-adversarial complaint process,...
The FOP has nothing to say about who is appointed Chief. But, the police are just like any employee who reflect the way they are treated by management. And I also know a lot of CPD officers and your remarks are based on your own prejudice and lack of knowledge. What, did you once get a ticket in the city and now you are angry about it? And it was the Getty administration who did away with both neighborhood watch and the ESDA, but can budget over 250,000 for a rec department that does nothing.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7683 Jul 8, 2013
Taxpayers United wrote:
Never got a ticket in Chicago for anything...but somehow didn't miss the beating of a bartender by a Chicago cop, the executions of family pets by on duty and off duty Chicago cops, the arrests of Chicago officers for crimes and shakedowns, and then there's always Burge et al. Not to mention the "code of silence" that protects the foul balls on the force, thereby enabling them to continue their nasty ways.
And isn't the FOP supposed to represent Lyons officers at the bargaining table or when they have grievances? Just because your boss is a jerk does NOT entitle you to pass it on to others. Especially when you are supposed to be stable enough to be trusted with deadly force.
Once upon a time most Police Officers considered themselves a part of the community they served, not at war with it or in power over it. Things seem to have changed...for the worse, and to the detriment of all officers who take the words "serve and protect" the public seriously.
As for the CPD there are thousands of CPD officers who are honest and do their jobs. Why do you mention the few that give them a bad name? What do you do for a living? Is there not a single "rotten apple" in your line of work? You know the abuser, drunk, bigot, etc? Once again, as you have no knowledge of this, the position of the chief is not a subject of collective bargaining - there are restrictions as to what is allowed to be entered into in collective bargaining. You are right, no one should pass on the attitudes of their boss to the people they serve - but, easier said then done. I have had dealings with the LPD on several occasions and they have always been polite, courteous, and helpful. But, then I also treat them with respect and ask, not demand, they help. One more thing, much of the attitude of public employees changed when the village administration stopped treating the employees with respect; it was in many cases they who started the war. Most police officers just want to do their jobs without having to look over their shoulder to see if they are stepping on any "connected" toes. Have you actually tried talking to a PO to see why they have the attitude you claim? Pointing finders and placing blame is easy - understanding takes an effort.
what

Elmwood Park, IL

#7684 Jul 8, 2013
Useless Cops wrote:
As usual Lyons 4th of July sucks!!!!! Not a cop to be found.....The town is left lawless....From now on just consider the cops on vacation when it comes to the 4th of July. I literally called the police 3 hours ago and counting.....typical.....no cop EVER showed up.....Guess your house or garage has to catch fire.....at least the firemen do their jobs!!!!
Give me a break. You live in Lyons and bitch about how the police dont do their jobs. Maybe it was just they were tied up on more important calls then your complaint of dogs barking or fireworks. Yes the fire dept does their job because they handle maybe one or two real fires in a month, and they have the rest of the time to sleep or wash their trucks etc..... People hate the police until they dial that 911 number because someone is breaking into their house, or someone is doing a drive-bye putting holes in the neighbors house, then you love the police. It is a tough job, and that police officer is willing to put his or her life on the line for a complete stranger who does nothing but bitch about how they do their job. Lyons police officers deal with and see things that Joe public takes for granted. Nothing like working holidays, nights, working protecting those who bad mouth you when you miss your own kids graduation so you can work the streets for those who think they have a clue. Get over it.
YOUR A DORK

Glen Ellyn, IL

#7685 Jul 8, 2013
Light blue car, FU-K YOU!!! Your just mad cause im the type of girl that would never give you the time of day and if i was a slut I would be banging 75% of the village including the master. Grow some balls and say it to my face not when your driving the the st, gee what a bold man you are, and to top it off in front of a child thank god i have surveillance I`ll find out who you are.
YOUR NOT A DORK

Glen Ellyn, IL

#7686 Jul 8, 2013
AND THAT GOES FOR YOU TO BLONDIE YOU SHOULD THANK ME FOR THINKING ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS OTHEWISE HE WOULD HAVE CHEATED ON YOU. I KNOW YOU TALK CRAP TOO!
Ghetto Lyons

Lyons, IL

#7687 Jul 9, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break. You live in Lyons and bitch about how the police dont do their jobs. Maybe it was just they were tied up on more important calls then your complaint of dogs barking or fireworks. Yes the fire dept does their job because they handle maybe one or two real fires in a month, and they have the rest of the time to sleep or wash their trucks etc..... People hate the police until they dial that 911 number because someone is breaking into their house, or someone is doing a drive-bye putting holes in the neighbors house, then you love the police. It is a tough job, and that police officer is willing to put his or her life on the line for a complete stranger who does nothing but bitch about how they do their job. Lyons police officers deal with and see things that Joe public takes for granted. Nothing like working holidays, nights, working protecting those who bad mouth you when you miss your own kids graduation so you can work the streets for those who think they have a clue. Get over it.
Yeah, we all saw just how busy the cops were that night. Ass kissing the politicians at the park. Sitting in their squads all night on their cellphones. As usual hard at work.....what a joke!
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7688 Jul 9, 2013
I'm glad to say that I know where that jerk lives that's been screaming rude words to me, on 45th PL. Next step go to LPD and file a complaint for harassment!
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7689 Jul 9, 2013
For any reason he feels protected I'll bring my copy to downtown speak to someone important and explain to them why he feels so protected.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7690 Jul 9, 2013
I think this stems from his affiliatetion with a very conceited cocky young man. I don't care I'm still going to do something about it.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7691 Jul 9, 2013
Affiliation to someone u consider important doesn't mean I consider him important no one is above the law.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7692 Jul 9, 2013
fourtyfive pl wrote:
I think this stems from his affiliatetion with a very conceited cocky young man. I don't care I'm still going to do something about it.
That should be affiliation... oops sorry.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7693 Jul 9, 2013
I hope officer Buckley is in today. He is the only nice one that I would be able to trust.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7694 Jul 9, 2013
Oops I did it again this is not my twitter I'm just so livid about this, last night I actually went looking for this jerk.
What

Chicago, IL

#7695 Jul 9, 2013
fourtyfive pl wrote:
I hope officer Buckley is in today. He is the only nice one that I would be able to trust.
I think you mean Sgt Buckley now.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7696 Jul 9, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the CPD there are thousands of CPD officers who are honest and do their jobs. Why do you mention the few that give them a bad name? What do you do for a living? Is there not a single "rotten apple" in your line of work? You know the abuser, drunk, bigot, etc? Once again, as you have no knowledge of this, the position of the chief is not a subject of collective bargaining - there are restrictions as to what is allowed to be entered into in collective bargaining. You are right, no one should pass on the attitudes of their boss to the people they serve - but, easier said then done. I have had dealings with the LPD on several occasions and they have always been polite, courteous, and helpful. But, then I also treat them with respect and ask, not demand, they help. One more thing, much of the attitude of public employees changed when the village administration stopped treating the employees with respect; it was in many cases they who started the war. Most police officers just want to do their jobs without having to look over their shoulder to see if they are stepping on any "connected" toes. Have you actually tried talking to a PO to see why they have the attitude you claim? Pointing finders and placing blame is easy - understanding takes an effort.
What does it matter what job anyone here does...if they are not entrusted with the use of deadly force on the job and the ability to seize individuals and/or their property whenever for whatever reason? I did try talking to several LPD officers about the latest incident...code of silence prevails.

You are assuming that the aggrieved citizens did NOT treat the officers involved with respect...pretty hard to do if the officers from the first moment of contact act disrespectfully and in contempt of the citizens. And when an officer takes it upon his or herself to make a summary judgement on a complaint, refuses to take statements from the complainants, and then files a report containing numerous errors of fact, that deserves contempt and not respect. In the USA we have judges and trials and juries - not police - to determine the reliability of witnesses, establish guilt and deliver punishment. And if our police officers want respect, then earn it by doing your job and not exceeding your authority. And do not confuse respect with fear.

For the taxes, fees and other charges we pay for "public safety" in this town, we citizens should be entitled to police officers that behave with courtesy and reasonable objectivity and who have been trained so that they do not inadvertently (or deliberately) stumble over the quaint concepts such as constitutional rights, not employing excessive force, not committing illegal acts under "color of law", exceeding the scope of their authority, etc. when dealing with citizens on the citizens' dime.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7697 Jul 9, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh crap maybe not. Their is a idiot that lives I'm assuming down the St from where I live that yelled slut at me and its not the first time he has annoyed me. That is so uncalled for when I'm the one preaching about GOD.I assume he thinks he can get alway with it because he is probably friends with the Mayor I actually was going to get his license plate # but my dog was not leased yet
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7698 Jul 9, 2013
First i'm stalked by a young foolish man that has a girlfriend ,now I got this idiot bothering me seriously give me a break for gods sake
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7699 Jul 9, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
That means he's super close to the people that I had and am having issues with.
fourtyfive pl

Chicago, IL

#7700 Jul 9, 2013
There is a lot of weird men here in Lyons

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... 17 min Mind Your Business 27
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 20 min Black Water 585
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 26 min lies and more lies 43
Blue Island Red Light Cameras Illegal (Apr '12) 1 hr Vote No Red Light... 51
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 1 hr Hummm 195
Walgreens 10 hr Really Quite Simple 56
Concealed carry in midlothian? 10 hr God 1
Palos Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web