She back

United States

#6311 Jan 31, 2013
SO why aren't all those press releases mentioning Manager Sheahan, and why isn't the name painted on the village vehicles Sheahan instead of Getty. Nice try, though.
Never Forget

Forest Park, IL

#6312 Jan 31, 2013
again wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Lyons! TLC has been disbanded since 2010. Not involved at all anymore. Two parties this election: the ones in power now and a new party, Village Independent Party. The new party is the way I'm going.
The new party is TLC / MVP just a new name. Same faces. Wisneski was on the board for 8 years or more. Directions from Close, Visk ,
Burell, Witherow. TLC people MVP people get signatures for the party. Keep your eyes open and you will see and hear alot. Krueger votes with Wisneski same people. She was TLC and MVP last election.
Thank you

Forest Park, IL

#6313 Jan 31, 2013
You said it all.
Here is Why

Forest Park, IL

#6314 Jan 31, 2013
She back wrote:
SO why aren't all those press releases mentioning Manager Sheahan, and why isn't the name painted on the village vehicles Sheahan instead of Getty. Nice try, though.
for the same reason former Mayor used his name instead of former
Village manager when he was in office.

http://www.villageoflyons-il.net/DocumentsAnd...
She back

United States

#6315 Jan 31, 2013
Never Forget, you seem to have forgotten that in the last municipal election - that would have been 2011 - there NO TLC candidates running. You can check out prior election results at the Cook County Clerk's website any time you want.

BTW, state Reps. McSweeney & Frank have introduced a bill (HB 983) aimed at curtailing the most blatant abuses associated with alternate revenue bonds.

http://mchenrycountyblog.com/2013/01/29/mcswe...
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6317 Jan 31, 2013
Never Forget wrote:
<quoted text>
Manager Form of Government. Not Mayor Form
And so why does he insist on being caller "Mayor Getty" instead of the legally correct title "President Getty"? Could it be related to ego?
Here is Why

Forest Park, IL

#6318 Jan 31, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
And so why does he insist on being caller "Mayor Getty" instead of the legally correct title "President Getty"? Could it be related to ego?
He can be called Mayor or President, according to statutes.
And this old issue was resolved when former attorney stated that
either or is allowed. If you had attended the meetings you would
have the attorney clarify that trivial issue once and for all.
Googele Baby Google

Forest Park, IL

#6319 Jan 31, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever bothered to read the statutes ..or are you waiting for
someone to do that for you? NOT Happening ...
Big Mac

Chicago, IL

#6320 Jan 31, 2013
Googele Baby Google wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever bothered to read the statutes ..or are you waiting for
someone to do that for you? NOT Happening ...
Let Me Google That For You...

http://lmgtfy.com/...
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6321 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text> have you ever bothered to read the statutes ..or are you waiting for someone to do that for you? NOT Happening ...
According to the Statutes, we have a President and Board form of governbment in Lyons; his official title is "Village President". The Mayor/Aldermanic form is used in other communities, but not here. The use of the title "Mayor" for presidents is more just an accepted practice, but legally incorrect. I DID read the statutes, did you?
Googele Baby Google

Forest Park, IL

#6322 Feb 1, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Statutes, we have a President and Board form of governbment in Lyons; his official title is "Village President". The Mayor/Aldermanic form is used in other communities, but not here. The use of the title "Mayor" for presidents is more just an accepted practice, but legally incorrect. I DID read the statutes, did you?
Quote the statute and then when you find it..call the former attorney and ask him. I did it at a Village meeting..the one that
you did not attend. Apparently, you talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6323 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Quote the statute and then when you find it..call the former attorney and ask him. I did it at a Village meeting..the one that
So, how about you showing us anywhere in our OWN village code the tern "Mayor" is used? I am "walking the walk" - now its your turn. Just cite the section where the Village code even once uses the term "Mayor". I find Chapter 6 referring to a village president, but can't find a single reference to a "mayor".

And while your at is, can you provide the references to the need to have a full time IT person to be required to maintain the village web site. Once again, you can only run your mouth, but not provide answer.
resident

Chicago, IL

#6324 Feb 1, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
why dont you use all the energy to do something possitive for your town instead of being a nitpicking jerk.
Googele Baby Google

Forest Park, IL

#6325 Feb 1, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how about you showing us anywhere in our OWN village code the tern "Mayor" is used? I am "walking the walk" - now its your turn. Just cite the section where the Village code even once uses the term "Mayor". I find Chapter 6 referring to a village president, but can't find a single reference to a "mayor".
And while your at is, can you provide the references to the need to have a full time IT person to be required to maintain the village web site. Once again, you can only run your mouth, but not provide answer.
.....your modus operandi gives you away. Enough of your antics,
not falling for it again.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6327 Feb 2, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>why dont you use all the energy to do something possitive for your town instead of being a nitpicking jerk.
I have done my part for our village over the years - a lot more than you know. Why, for just once in your life, try telling the truth. I may be a jerk, but I am not the son of someone who tried to steal hundreds of thousands from the people, and then lies about it. And I will not stop asking questions - just because you never provide answers.
Enron Boy

Oak Lawn, IL

#6328 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Should not we be focusing on the people running for office.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6329 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
.....your modus operandi gives you away. Enough of your antics,
not falling for it again.
MY antics? Like being able to back up what I say? You asked me to back up my claim - I cited our own Village Code. You sound like the kid who if they were losing would take their ball and go home. How come when you are challenged to back up YOUR statements you make remarks about the other person, but never actually give an answer. You must either be Chris or must follow his pattern.
REALLY

Forest Park, IL

#6330 Feb 2, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
MY antics? Like being able to back up what I say? You asked me to back up my claim - I cited our own Village Code. You sound like the kid who if they were losing would take their ball and go home. How come when you are challenged to back up YOUR statements you make remarks about the other person, but never actually give an answer. You must either be Chris or must follow his pattern.
You think everyone on this message board is Chris..you are suffering
from some sort of disorder.
BIG G

Cicero, IL

#6331 Feb 2, 2013
The only way to change all this is to vote him out.
Temp Resi

United States

#6332 Feb 2, 2013
Big Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Let Me Google That For You...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
That was mean!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
we need a change on the chsd 218 school board!!! (Oct '12) 2 hr Fed up 234
Two Armed Robberies in 7 Days in Oak Forest 3 hr OF Mom 7
yikes, district 142 3 hr OF Mom 23
City Council amends curfew code (Jun '10) 4 hr Bored 17
Blue Island WRITE ___ IN CANDIDATES 5 hr Vote April 7th 34
do we need a new police chief? 5 hr fedsintown 4
willow springs mayor (Mar '14) 5 hr goindown 7
Palos Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web