Midlo Man Set His Brother Up To Be Ki...

Midlo Man Set His Brother Up To Be Killed?

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TirdOfGames

Chicago Heights, IL

#1 Jun 25, 2013
Ryan Powers was murdered in 2009 in a drug deal gone bad. I am in the gasstation the other day and I see his brother Garrett Powers in a new 2013 Mercedes Benz. Now, I am thinking to myself, how did they get any money from insurance when it was a death with crime involved in it. So I did some research and I find a video where the brother Garrett is rapping about selling drugs, killing people, and in the video you can see him with a lot of drugs and money.
. Now, I knew Ryan personally, and Garrett slightly. Garrett was never a money maker, usually just hung around the low lives of Robbins smoking weed, drinking etc. He was never a go getter so to speak. So I find it very interesting that after his brother robbed and murdered, he see Garrett with 20,000 jewelry on and a 80,000 car. Does anybody know the deal on how he made such a quick and dramatic rise to wealth? My mind tells me that he had his brother set up so he could "take over the business". Here is the article about Ryan Powers being murdered. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/midlothian-il...

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jun 25, 2013
I couldn't say anything about the murder (I honestly didn't even remember the story) or how involved his brother may or may not have been, but I would caution you what you put out there. You have not stated anything that could prove or even implicate the brother.

The video you show (while tacky as hell) is a legitimate attempt at making a rap song. If you look, he has dozens on there. I'd say he's trying (along with friends) to get launched via youtube.

Perhaps he borrowed the car he was driving or leased it/rented it. Just because you drive a car doesn't mean you own it. I don't know, but you have to be careful what you say about people.
BOB

Blue Island, IL

#3 Jun 26, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
I couldn't say anything about the murder (I honestly didn't even remember the story) or how involved his brother may or may not have been, but I would caution you what you put out there. You have not stated anything that could prove or even implicate the brother.
The video you show (while tacky as hell) is a legitimate attempt at making a rap song. If you look, he has dozens on there. I'd say he's trying (along with friends) to get launched via youtube.
Perhaps he borrowed the car he was driving or leased it/rented it. Just because you drive a car doesn't mean you own it. I don't know, but you have to be careful what you say about people.
You can say whatever you want.

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#4 Jun 26, 2013
Sure, anyone can. However, if someone decides to libel someone on here the "wounded" party can sue. That's all I was warning him/her about.
BOB

Blue Island, IL

#5 Jun 26, 2013
Sure, anyone can. However, if someone decides to libel someone on here the "wounded" party can sue. That's all I was warning him/her about.
You cannot sue for libel and slander. You basically can print anything you want. Illinois has made it so.

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#6 Jun 26, 2013
dont judge the past

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 26, 2013
i agree you can be sued for slander
rapper

Midlothian, IL

#8 Jun 30, 2013
I heard Garrett made friends with people in the music business and has since gotten picked up by a label for rap. I knew these boys when they were young, very sad this is how life has turned out. Maybe Garrett, who allegedly goes by "G P," has turned a new leaf and is trying to make a good life. No good can come of a young man's death.
ted

Valparaiso, IN

#9 Jul 27, 2013
Gp is a scumbag. Anyone who raps about drugs, money, or pimps hoes and raping your momma is scum. YOU CALL THAT MUSIC?
Voice of reason

New Britain, CT

#10 Sep 12, 2013
This post is absolutely hilarious. Is this what you do all day? Who cares. It happened 4 years ago and the victim wasn't an ambassador
midlothian

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 22, 2013
First of all Garrett didn't have a sudden rise to fame if you knew any one from that family you would know it was a long process I knew both of them all my life second he didn't take a penny of any insurance money his parents got it all third of all people say he hung around with low lifes all the time what does that say about this town trust me it's not just Robbins midlothian is garbage to and to say he set his brother up you need to be careful what you say about other people's family I think your jealous cause someone made a good life for themselves and your stuck in the same place and will prob die here so don't be bitter cause you can't do shit for yourself you jealous SOB so sit at home and judge every one else cause your life sucks!!!
midlothian

Chicago, IL

#12 Oct 22, 2013
And it does still matter to the people who loved him its bull to hear his name get ran through the mud!!!
trailertrash

Chicago Heights, IL

#13 Mar 2, 2014
I wouldn't put it past the guy. Pure trailor trash of midlo, we don't accept people like the Powers heRe.
I eat booty

New Britain, CT

#14 Mar 10, 2014
I hope I made someone laugh today. Booty booty booty booty popping everywhere
Powers

Osage Beach, MO

#16 Jan 31, 2016
Kp
Yaz are pathetic! They are my blood. Yaz don't know anything so quit hiding behind a bogus name! You are the punks! He hangs out with d wade and everyone else who's been around. He owns studios! Unless you put your real names, hush puppy
Powers

Osage Beach, MO

#17 Jan 31, 2016
TirdOfGames wrote:
Ryan Powers was murdered in 2009 in a drug deal gone bad. I am in the gasstation the other day and I see his brother Garrett Powers in a new 2013 Mercedes Benz. Now, I am thinking to myself, how did they get any money from insurance when it was a death with crime involved in it. So I did some research and I find a video where the brother Garrett is rapping about selling drugs, killing people, and in the video you can see him with a lot of drugs and money. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NIrWopFgq30XX. Now, I knew Ryan personally, and Garrett slightly. Garrett was never a money maker, usually just hung around the low lives of Robbins smoking weed, drinking etc. He was never a go getter so to speak. So I find it very interesting that after his brother robbed and murdered, he see Garrett with 20,000 jewelry on and a 80,000 car. Does anybody know the deal on how he made such a quick and dramatic rise to wealth? My mind tells me that he had his brother set up so he could "take over the business". Here is the article about Ryan Powers being murdered. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/midlothian-il...
You are a punk
Powers

Osage Beach, MO

#18 Jan 31, 2016
trailertrash wrote:
I wouldn't put it past the guy. Pure trailor trash of midlo, we don't accept people like the Powers heRe.
You're not excepted! You hide behind a pc and a bogus name
Lisa

Midlothian, IL

#19 Oct 17, 2016
TirdOfGames wrote:
Ryan Powers was murdered in 2009 in a drug deal gone bad. I am in the gasstation the other day and I see his brother Garrett Powers in a new 2013 Mercedes Benz. Now, I am thinking to myself, how did they get any money from insurance when it was a death with crime involved in it. So I did some research and I find a video where the brother Garrett is rapping about selling drugs, killing people, and in the video you can see him with a lot of drugs and money. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NIrWopFgq30XX. Now, I knew Ryan personally, and Garrett slightly. Garrett was never a money maker, usually just hung around the low lives of Robbins smoking weed, drinking etc. He was never a go getter so to speak. So I find it very interesting that after his brother robbed and murdered, he see Garrett with 20,000 jewelry on and a 80,000 car. Does anybody know the deal on how he made such a quick and dramatic rise to wealth? My mind tells me that he had his brother set up so he could "take over the business". Here is the article about Ryan Powers being murdered. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/midlothian-il...
Garrett powers is a successful rapper and takes care of ryans son please get your info right before you start trashing someone !!!
Lisa

Midlothian, IL

#20 Oct 17, 2016
midlothian wrote:
First of all Garrett didn't have a sudden rise to fame if you knew any one from that family you would know it was a long process I knew both of them all my life second he didn't take a penny of any insurance money his parents got it all third of all people say he hung around with low lifes all the time what does that say about this town trust me it's not just Robbins midlothian is garbage to and to say he set his brother up you need to be careful what you say about other people's family I think your jealous cause someone made a good life for themselves and your stuck in the same place and will prob die here so don't be bitter cause you can't do shit for yourself you jealous SOB so sit at home and judge every one else cause your life sucks!!!
nicely said !

Chicago, IL

#21 Oct 18, 2016
He should be mayor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can I get my street fixed 5 min Concerned 13
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 10 min Contributors First 10,045
where is our garbage money 49 min ingrates 67
illage Board meeting 6/20/2017 2 hr Taxpayer 3
Congrats To Jason BIPD newest brass 6 hr Good Luck 9
Lake Shore Waste starts next week 9 hr Laughable 20
Oak Forest high school 14 hr Bremen brave 3

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance