Forest Park, IL

#2 Jul 10, 2013
According to their website she is.
ClassAct wrote:
Is Mayor Rybak still on the Board ???
U cant see me

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Jul 10, 2013
I think she ought to resign from 228 just because of the time it takes to effectively serve both board. As far as a conflict, I don't really see one.

On the other hand, I do see a conflict with a current village trustee knowingly allowing the former mayor to illegally vacate a street near the Midlothian Country Club and sell the land to the Fairways of Midlothian for $10. That's right,$10. Oh, this same trustee directly benefited from the sale because it made his backyard 16 feet deeper.
What

Blue Island, IL

#4 Jul 10, 2013
The attorney general disagrees with you and has found that holding both positions is a direct conflict of interest because both are taxing bodies.
U cant see me

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, the same attorney general who wants to be governor while her father runs the state legislature?!? Fact is, she can offer legal opinions but she does not make laws.

But tell me, what do you think about the Murawski/Shavone/Stephens Land-Grab?
what is this

Alsip, IL

#6 Jul 10, 2013
U cant see me wrote:
Yeah, the same attorney general who wants to be governor while her father runs the state legislature?!? Fact is, she can offer legal opinions but she does not make laws.

But tell me, what do you think about the Murawski/Shavone/Stephens Land-Grab?
Can you tell us a little more about this? What was the land grab?
U cant see me

Hinesville, GA

#7 Jul 10, 2013
what is this wrote:
<quoted text>Can you tell us a little more about this? What was the land grab?
Here's a bit of history to start with: The Fairways are the relatively new townhouses built just east of the country club. Their property line ends at what should be LaVernge Ave, but LaVernge was never developed between 144th Place and 143rd Street. For years the townhouse owners have been lamenting the fact that their homes were built so close to the east property line of the development that their fence is within a foot or two of their homes. Their homeowners association has been trying to have the village vacate the street (this would have to be done because village zoning maps show LaVernge going through uninterrupted) and sell them the land so they could move the fence away from the homes and give the townhouse owners a larger backyard.

Well low and behold, the townhouse association finally got their wish. How you ask? Well just a week before Terry Stephens left office he had his attorney Dan McGraft write up a sales contract. They sold the association a 16' wide stretch of land from 144th Place to 143rd Street for $10. So what makes this an illegal action?

#1 the street was never legally vacated by the village
#2 the village board never approved the sales contract
#3 the home owners east of the Fairways were not made aware of the sale until after it happened despite the fact that their yards abut this land
#4 the home owners east of the Fairways were never given a chance to bid on the property, which is a requirement for the sale of government owned property.

So start to finish this was an illegal deal. It was done behind the scenes probably to spite the newly elected village officials.

Finally, I find it interesting that current village trustee Vince Shavone, former mayor Tom Murawski, and former clerk Mo Potempa all live in the Fairways and would benefit from this land acquisition.
informed

Saint John, IN

#8 Jul 12, 2013
the board meeting agenda called it an easement agreement.... which is not selling....with an easement the village retains ownership and allows the fairways to place a fence on village property.... HUGE DIFFERENCE
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#9 Jul 24, 2013
Sharon's friend Evelyn lives in the Fairways too.
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#10 Jul 24, 2013
Is this the Dean that got busted for the third time for DUI ??? story in southtown...

B/C if this board does not fire this (sic) coach then it shows their lack of respect for the students and taxpayers.

Sharon how did you vote on this ???
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#11 Jul 24, 2013
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#12 Jul 25, 2013
Sharon upon re-reading the minutes I see you did in fact vote against this. Perhaps you can explain how the rest of the board voted to keep this guy on the payroll ???
of24

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 25, 2013
FullDisclosure wrote:
Sharon upon re-reading the minutes I see you did in fact vote against this. Perhaps you can explain how the rest of the board voted to keep this guy on the payroll ???
Isn't that whole DUI thing unbelievable? Why was he still employed after the first DUI-drug charge? Let alone the third! What a fine example we have set for very impressionable teens by allowing criminal behavior to continue, unpunished. How do you enforce zero tolerance with students when you employ people like this? The Dean and School Board alike are poor role models for the students of district 228.

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#14 Jul 25, 2013
Actually FullD, she voted against suspending him for a year. There's a difference. She might have lobbied in private for termination and lost and then voted this way knowing it would reflect her difference of opinion. She could never tell you what happened in closed session, so we may not know. Just a thought having worked in a high school for over a year and seeing the outcome of these meetings.
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#15 Jul 25, 2013
The way I read this Sharon and Evelyn probably wanted this sorry excuse for an educator fired but lost after 4 hours behind closed doors. If this board wants him involved with our district why don't they hire him for TPHS ??? This vote will be hung around their necks during the next election.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/208626...

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#16 Jul 25, 2013
See that's what I think FullD. I think they wanted him gone too.
Wondering

Forest Park, IL

#17 Jul 25, 2013
All you know is that those two voted against the motion that was presented. Unless of course you are Sharon. There is nothing to indicate that she lobbied for termination. She could have lobbied for no penalty at all, thought this penalty excessive and therefore didn't agree with it. Why would you assume it was any other way?
She needs to step down.
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Actually FullD, she voted against suspending him for a year. There's a difference. She might have lobbied in private for termination and lost and then voted this way knowing it would reflect her difference of opinion. She could never tell you what happened in closed session, so we may not know. Just a thought having worked in a high school for over a year and seeing the outcome of these meetings.

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#18 Jul 26, 2013
As I said, she "might" have. It's speculation on my part. I don't think a year suspension for a repeat offender is too severe so that also went into my speculation as well. Just like you're speculating she might not have lobbied for worse. Two sides of the same coin wondering.
FullDisclosure

Alsip, IL

#19 Jul 26, 2013
Sharon is violating the policy of 228 by maintaining her seat but the entire board seems to be in collusion with her. Unless their is an official complaint filed they may not ever seek to replace her.

However even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Also Sharon's been in firing mood lately, ask ex-Chief Burke.
he dserved it

Alsip, IL

#20 Jul 26, 2013
FullDisclosure wrote:
Sharon is violating the policy of 228 by maintaining her seat but the entire board seems to be in collusion with her. Unless their is an official complaint filed they may not ever seek to replace her.

However even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Also Sharon's been in firing mood lately, ask ex-Chief Burke.
You can't walk around calling your boss the "c" word and expect to keep your job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge PTA 1 hr Winer 11
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 2 hr Soul Mates 9,350
Chicago Rdige Trustee 3 hr Moodigans Mom 19
Bill Lammel Lied 4 hr Snoopy 14
Vince Please Run (Feb '16) 4 hr Bob 38
Code Red... Powered by Topix 6 hr Change is needed 34
UPS Adverse weather conditions (Jul '10) 7 hr mlg 137

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance