Cook County Judge Sheila McGinnis taken off court duties after ...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Sheila McGinnis, 47, of Chicago will now perform administrative duties only, according to a release from Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
My My My

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Funny, how is this not a felony DUI???
opie

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

yeah i wonder how many peoples lives she has personally "touched" so she is not fired?? does she still make 100,000 a year plus to file paperwork in crook county sometimes i ask myself why i fought for this country.
Eye Watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Sure, let's see her record of punishment she gave for those having
a DUI in her court room. Our system
need an overhaul big time. I'm sick of hearing how Cops, lawyers, and Judges
skirt the very laws they want all to abide by.
Bobby D

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

My My My wrote:
Funny, how is this not a felony DUI???
For it to be a felony (aggravated)someone would have to be injured or a certain DUI history would have to be present.
O eight is easy to break

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

She must have been pretty crocked to get arrested.
O eight is easy to break

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

First offenses should not have draconian penalties, but they do thanks to MADD Zealots.

Madd should never get any public money or funds from taxpayers.
Hmmm

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

In my opinion, many members of our local judiciary and attorneys with the states attorneys office get "passes" all the time. When they do get nabbed for DUI, they are often treated less harshly than the regular citizen.

The Honorable Judge McGinnis should thank her lucky stars she didn't end up like DuPage County Assistant State's Attorney Jane Radostits - deceased and guilty of injuring others. I wonder if Ms. McGinnis was, just prior to her accident, cocktailing with colleages ....

If the witnesses to the precursor to this incident are accurate, it sounds like aggressive driving and/or road rage issues exist as well.

This lady needs help!
Frank

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

I thought I heard that she had several tragic issues she was dealing with and this probably was an end result?

She must have deeper issues with the road rage. Hopefully she can get some help and resume a more productive role.
Anon

Hinsdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

She had her head down on the steering wheel but was still trying to drive forward? Oh, I hope there is a videotape of how stupid she is that she can watch over and over again. Agree that she is a lucky lucky woman not to have killed herself or someone else.
eje

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

O eight is easy to break wrote:
First offenses should not have draconian penalties, but they do thanks to MADD Zealots.
Madd should never get any public money or funds from taxpayers.
So penalities should be lessened?

I think we should have stricter DUI sentancing ... Why do we have to wait until they kill someone to take action?

No laws would be needed if people simply didn't drink & drive, but obviously that will sadly probably never be the case.

She should be held to the same accounting standards that other citizens are held to in such cases.
Steve H

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

This is the second judge recently arrested for DUI. Neither submitted to an alcohol or sobriety test. The only reason to not submit would be if you knew you were drinking. Hence, the take home message is if you must drink and drive, if stopped, refuse to take the sobriety test and have your day in court. Thanks judiciary.
Kevin

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Bobby D wrote:
<quoted text>
For it to be a felony (aggravated)someone would have to be injured or a certain DUI history would have to be present.
Exactly. Just because she is Judge does not raise this to the level of felony. Refusal to take the breathalyzer test will result in the suspension of her license. She has been removed from her judicial duties and embarrassed by the publicity. The Supreme Court will probably assign the case to a Judge from another jurisdiction to hear. She'll get her hearings and the media will follow the case. She should get a fair hearing and be treated no differently than anyone else.
Fred

Marseilles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

In Peru IL (LaSalle County), judges don't get charged with DUI's, even if it's their 3rd time. They get let off the hook, with a paid visit to rehab.
Archie Bunker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Bobby D wrote:
<quoted text>
this drunk was driving crazy and weaving in and out of traffic....just another snub at the law by the empire of crook county lackies....this harlot should be fired and tossed in jail.
mdf

Syracuse, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

If she ever sat on even one single DUI case, all of her convictions, fines, penalties, and jail time should be used against her.
It is legal in some states in the US to use prior convictions against a person in sentencing. I hope they burn her for being a hypocrite!
I think this would amount to a prior history.
loose cannon

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

Anyone mind if I smoke while I drive?
Former Summit Resident

Harvey, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

I once worked for Cook County at the Bridgeview court house. During the late 1990's, I witnessed a private attorney by the last name of Venkus talk to his good friend who happened to be the judge sitting on the bench, about getting his client (gorgeous female) 1 year supervision for a DUI. I had been present for hundreds, if not thousands of DUI cases. That's the only DUI guilty plea I've seen where the defendant gets 1 year supervision. I'm sure the file is still recorded at the clerks office.

Side note: The Venkus I'm referring to is the uncle of the former states attorney who worked in Bridgeview and Maywood prior to becoming a private attorney.
John A

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

If folks think she should be judged more harshly because of her position, then it stands to reason someone who works in a less prestigious position, such as a janitor or fry cook, should be judged less harshly. Sorry, this is not how the law works, she should be judged exactly the same as anyone else, no more, no less.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

True the judges and those in the cout and legal system thiink they are above the laws since they enforce them. NOT TRUE. I was in court for jury duty and yes I heard the states attorney's talking about where theya re going to go for Happy Hour after a early day. Alot of the court workers go out and drink on weekends and to extreme. Yet they lecture and give the rest of the public the harsh sentences and yet think they aare above the same sytem of laws. It is about time that those that dish out the punishments must abide and take the same punish,ents as the rest of society
Diversity Wins Again

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Judged:

She will not be punished. Number 1. She's a Black Female Judge who will not be held fully accountable for her actions. Number 2. All she has to do is DENY, and all those witnesses testimony's will be tossed aside. Bet me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palos Heights Discussions

Search the Palos Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 39 min It s the taxpayers money 146
Fred Biloto Should He Go To Prison 54 min Nothing Happened 168
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 58 min IL has a Spending Problem 3,786
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 47,083
What a Crock - St Damian School! (Nov '09) 8 hr St. D Parent 70
need a new verizon phone? 8 hr Android43232Seller 1
Manchester Court Apartments ( ghetto or good ?) 8 hr FutureResident 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palos Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palos Heights People Search