Does Blue Island government need term...

Does Blue Island government need term limits

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lou

Blue Island, IL

#1 Nov 9, 2012
TINLEY PARK TERM LIMIT REFERENDUM PASSES, NOW TO VILLAGE BOARD

By Lucas Hawley -

Tuesday, Tinley Park voters overwhelmingly passed an advisory referendum in favor of term limits for their elected village officials with a 71.62% to 28.36% margin (16,126 to 6,386 votes). It was a nonbinding referendum, meaning that the village board can disregard the people’s opinion on the matter.

Stephen Eberhardt, the Tinley Park resident behind getting the referendum on the ballot and currently running for mayor of Tinley in the upcoming 2013 village elections, said in his victory email to supporters,“We’re waiting eagerly to hear something from the Village Board. Yet, based on the mayor’s prior comments to the press, we’re not at all optimistic that the current Village Board will take any action to pass a term limits ordinance.”

In the past when the referendum got onto the ballot mayor Zabrocki said; “I don’t understand why someone would want to impose term limits?”(Tinley Park Junction interview Aug 9th).

Out of 8 elected Tinley Park Village officials that 4 have served over 25 years:

Edward J. Zabrocki: Mayor: 1981 (31 yrs)
Patrick E. Rea: 1980-2009 (37 yrs) Village Clerk: 2009-Present (3 yrs)
Board Trustees:
David G. Seaman: 1984 (28 yrs)
Gregory J. Hannon: 1987 (25 yrs)
And the other four, under 15 years being Board Trustees:

Brian S. Maher: 1999 (13 yrs)
Thomas J. Staunton Jr: 2007 (5 yrs)
Patricia A. Leoni: 2009 (3 yrs)
T.J. Grady:(2 yrs)
The final decision is ultimately left up to the village board, but they have to be thinking now even though they are against term limits, how would it look in the upcoming election if they were to deny something that was overwhelmingly supported by the voters? Are they willing to risk a potential public outrage by voting it down?
Term Limits

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Term Limits in city government are very positive for taxpayers because you reduce pension expenses, cronyism, and individuals seeking public office know up front they are there to work hard for their entire term, then go home and back to work.
there is a better way

Blue Island, IL

#3 Nov 10, 2012
Yes, Blue Island needs term limits and should be placed on the April 2013 ballot. Along with the scandalous JAWA water works.
Yes

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 10, 2012
Why do you think there are Term Limits for the President of the United States?
Bad Example

Frankfort, IL

#5 Nov 10, 2012
Tinley Park is an obvious reason why there should be term limits. Look at that place, it's a dump compared to Blue Island.
Tired

United States

#6 Nov 14, 2012
Bad Example wrote:
Tinley Park is an obvious reason why there should be term limits. Look at that place, it's a dump compared to Blue Island.
Have you ever been to tinley? I frequent their a lot and its very nice their. A lot better then BI.
Tired

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Their is no need for term limits imo, maybe if the people would get their heads out of their ass and vote out the people they don't like then things wouldn't be the way they are.
BlueIslandSkepti c

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 14, 2012
Tired wrote:
Their is no need for term limits imo, maybe if the people would get their heads out of their ass and vote out the people they don't like then things wouldn't be the way they are.
People here do not like to hear facts & truth. They'd rather blame it on the guy next door.
jobs for votes

Blue Island, IL

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Tired wrote:
Their is no need for term limits imo, maybe if the people would get their heads out of their ass and vote out the people they don't like then things wouldn't be the way they are.
T
jobs for votes wrote:

<quoted text>
Blue Island
140 full time employees
178 part time employees
Payroll 9 million dollars
Crestwood
32 full time employees
140 part time employees
Payroll 2.5 million dollars
WOW
Blue Island average per employee =$28,301 per year

Crestwood average per employee =$14,534 per year

Blue Island is paying double what Crestwood pays per employee

This is why Peloquin keeps getting reelected.He has 318 employees and lets say 2 votes per employee. Do the math. 2 votes is on the low end it is probably closer to 4
Thank you

Blue Island, IL

#10 Nov 14, 2012
jobs for votes wrote:
<quoted text>T
jobs for votes wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue Island
140 full time employees
178 part time employees
Payroll 9 million dollars
Crestwood
32 full time employees
140 part time employees
Payroll 2.5 million dollars
WOW
Blue Island average per employee =$28,301 per year
Crestwood average per employee =$14,534 per year
Blue Island is paying double what Crestwood pays per employee
This is why Peloquin keeps getting reelected.He has 318 employees and lets say 2 votes per employee. Do the math. 2 votes is on the low end it is probably closer to 4
This will probably double with the next Mayoral candidate backed by the Dems if he wins the election.
in BI

Midlothian, IL

#11 Nov 14, 2012
jobs for votes wrote:
<quoted text>T
jobs for votes wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue Island
140 full time employees
178 part time employees
Payroll 9 million dollars
Crestwood
32 full time employees
140 part time employees
Payroll 2.5 million dollars
WOW
Blue Island average per employee =$28,301 per year

I don't mind paying our first responders what they are worth but I mind paying for people
Crestwood average per employee =$14,534 per year
Blue Island is paying double what Crestwood pays per employee
This is why Peloquin keeps getting reelected.He has 318 employees and lets say 2 votes per employee. Do the math. 2 votes is on the low end it is probably closer to 4
I don't mind paying our first responders what they are worth; but I do mind paying for bunch political flunkies who work for the mayor and not for the taxpayers.(ie the Vidovics)
BlueIslandSkepti c

Thornton, IL

#12 Nov 14, 2012
The next Mayor who ever it is better clean out the rats nest.
B I TAXPAYER

Midlothian, IL

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Notice lately the talk of mayor has ceased.
Peloquineers on the back burning waiting to see if Don Gotti will seek re election. Bet Dumbmingo is furious
More Often Than Not

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 15, 2012
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
People here do not like to hear facts & truth. They'd rather blame it on the guy next door.
More often than not we see, individuals and families living high on neighbors' dime.
BlueIslandSkepti c

Thornton, IL

#15 Nov 15, 2012
B I TAXPAYER wrote:
Notice lately the talk of mayor has ceased.
Peloquineers on the back burning waiting to see if Don Gotti will seek re election. Bet Dumbmingo is furious
No not Vargas. But it was rumored Ray Cantello threw a fit or absolute rage and Josh Tate his lackey, is cursing to the high heavens that Peloquin better take a hike or else....
Nut Job

Blue Island, IL

#16 Nov 15, 2012
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
No not Vargas. But it was rumored Ray Cantello threw a fit or absolute rage and Josh Tate his lackey, is cursing to the high heavens that Peloquin better take a hike or else....
Totally untrue. Mayor Peloquin is not running for re-election and Ray turned down Rita's offer to back him too which I'm glad he chose not to be controlled by Rita. This very well may be the worst selection of Mayoral candidates if it is between Brown, Stevo and Vargas/Rita.
dominatrix

Blue Island, IL

#17 Nov 18, 2012
the real problem has been the city for the last twenty eight years has been driven by a dominatrix.
yes term limits

Blue Island, IL

#18 Nov 18, 2012
dominatrix wrote:
the real problem has been the city for the last twenty eight years has been driven by a dominatrix.
If you would study the major problems in Blue Island, term limits would solve them! It is also the answer to calumet township. NO MORE CAREER POLITICIANS.
Yes Yes

Chicago, IL

#19 Nov 18, 2012
there is a better way wrote:
Yes, Blue Island needs term limits and should be placed on the April 2013 ballot. Along with the scandalous JAWA water works.
Both referendums belong on the April 2013 ballot!
get serious

Blue Island, IL

#20 Nov 18, 2012
dominatrix wrote:
the real problem has been the city for the last twenty eight years has been driven by a dominatrix.
Yes we need term limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Degenerates Post Here 42 min Yes You Suck At Life 4
Fast Eddie Needs Help Finding A New Job In Nove... 1 hr Ranger Rod 3
The Truth About Meadows Golf Course 2 hr Bodine 102
Mexican Drugs a Scourge on Blue Island (Mar '14) 10 hr Suzy Swimmer 170
School board meeting 4/20/17 (Apr '17) 11 hr Bovines Father 44
Eisenhower Student Dies (Nov '09) 11 hr Bovines Mother 71
What happened with the superintendent of Distri... 11 hr Bovines Brother 20

Palos Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Palos Heights Mortgages