Midlothian Ghetto
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#21 Dec 9, 2012
One more note about OakLawn. Its a huge town. Their population is 400% higher then Midlo. So the "border town" is not as big a factor since the town itself is so large. Its also 77% white and only 5% black so town safety is not an issue.

Like I have been saying...Two things are leading Midlo down the tubes. The flight of whites in Posen which gives us border town status and then that lead to a change in the demographic of Bremen.

What would make more people leave OL. A scandal like Crestwoods water that bankrupt the town.....or.....A huge sec 8 apartment complex built on 95th street that put blacks all up and down walking around, waiting on the bus stops and reports of kids around town getting held up?
Funny Thing

Midlothian, IL

#22 Dec 9, 2012
Midlothian is becoming a ghetto with the white people still here! Clean up your yards you inbred hillbillies! Take a shower and cut your hair! Tap out stickers on a pick up truck are not cool!
ok

Midlothian, IL

#23 Dec 9, 2012
I think it's time we take our town back, band together and take care of these little gangs they think their shit don't stink I say the cops catch them and grow drop them off where the real gangs are LA, Detroit, etc out little wanna be's would piss themselves
TAKE OUR TOWN BACK
Start cleaning up your outside properties take pride in this town we can and will turn it around
ronone

Masontown, PA

#25 Dec 10, 2012
youtube.com/watch... Its fortunate my Town
buildings never got that bad,,
JDX

Downers Grove, IL

#26 Dec 10, 2012
Brandy wrote:
<quoted text>Safety you are so right. my kids can,t play in my driveway because of the speeding cars on 142nd st.I call the cops and get we will look it to it.The Eastside of Crestwood will vote Law and Order.Lou John ONE of you has to Man Up.
I assume your west of cicero on 142nd ? I live just around the corner and am a bit tired of the cars speeding thru thier at 40 mph when there is a handicapped child and sign posting this.Although the CPD cruises thru quite often I never see a ticket written.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#27 Dec 10, 2012
Just so I know to stay away from it and never ever go there, which is the sex motel?
Common Sense wrote:
As a resident with a major in economics and a minor in sociology it has become apparent that Midlothian is becoming an economically impoverished neighborhood, aka a “ghetto”. It is known that during an economic downturn alcohol, sex, and lottery sales flourish. What differentiates a “ghetto” from a struggling neighborhood is when the only stores left are those that sell alcohol, sex, and lottery. We are almost there. We have a new sex motel that is flourishing, emporium liquors has rebuilt to a much larger location and stores that are a staple in most communities are closing. The only way to save our community, if that is even possible at this stage, is to bring in new politicians. I am not going to rant about Midlothians storied political past, but realistically we have had one mayor for 40+- years. Harry Raday taught Tom Murowski who taught Terry Stephens. Nothing has changed and the result is what we have today. I was born and raised in this town and am sickened by what I see. It is a shame that a community that pride built is now a community destroyed by arrogance.
wow

Kansas City, MO

#28 Dec 10, 2012
Break it up wrote:
Probably a lot of this about race is true, but what are you going to do? Start forming a KKK midlothian chapter lol? Not gonna happen and won't work.
Lets get real. I live near 149th and Kostner, and with only a very small number of exceptions, the neighborhood is in pretty good shape.
Mostly true for the southwest part of town that boarders oak forest in general I would say.
So even tho this sounds extreme, I wanna really look into just having Oak forest annex the south west part of town and the country club.
As far as the other parts of town?
Sentry part of town? Give it to crestwood all the way to 147th and Pulaski.
Give Terry's/springfield neighborhood (northeast) to Robbins
Give Jolly homes and Bremen neighborhood to Markham.
I am all for that
Henry Hill

Chicago, IL

#29 Dec 10, 2012
True dat!
yesser doodle wrote:
They destroy everything and anything they touch. Everything. The pattern repeats....
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#30 Dec 10, 2012
fjendras wrote:
Just so I know to stay away from it and never ever go there, which is the sex motel?
<quoted text>
The Aura at 144th & Cicero considers themselves a higher class members only club. The only problem is that membership is $5 a year and they offer hourly rates for the prostitutes. This is Terry's crown jewel.
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#31 Dec 10, 2012
midloguy30 wrote:
One more note about OakLawn. Its a huge town. Their population is 400% higher then Midlo. So the "border town" is not as big a factor since the town itself is so large. Its also 77% white and only 5% black so town safety is not an issue.
Like I have been saying...Two things are leading Midlo down the tubes. The flight of whites in Posen which gives us border town status and then that lead to a change in the demographic of Bremen.
What would make more people leave OL. A scandal like Crestwoods water that bankrupt the town.....or.....A huge sec 8 apartment complex built on 95th street that put blacks all up and down walking around, waiting on the bus stops and reports of kids around town getting held up?
midloguy I hear what your saying. If you look at history you will never find a town, city, or country for that matter that went under because of their populous. Any town, city, or country that has ever failed, throughout the history of mankind, has failed as a direct result of inept leadership. Your theory is like saying that a company goes bankrupt because of it's employees.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#32 Dec 10, 2012
Common sense I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.
Sounds like you are talking about the financial state of the community's with words like "failed, went under, and bankruptcy."
I am not talking about the finance I am talking about the heart of the community. Good schools, safe sidewalks and no graffiti.
wow

United States

#33 Dec 10, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
midloguy I hear what your saying. If you look at history you will never find a town, city, or country for that matter that went under because of their populous. Any town, city, or country that has ever failed, throughout the history of mankind, has failed as a direct result of inept leadership. Your theory is like saying that a company goes bankrupt because of it's employees.
no it was the people that moved in, like many parts of Chicago
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#34 Dec 11, 2012
midloguy30 wrote:
Common sense I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.
Sounds like you are talking about the financial state of the community's with words like "failed, went under, and bankruptcy."
I am not talking about the finance I am talking about the heart of the community. Good schools, safe sidewalks and no graffiti.
Usually these two run hand in hand. A community that is financially sound usually has a good credit rating. This is taken into account when it come to insurance rates. The core of our community is rotting because the village cannot afford to keep it from doing so. It is a sad state of affairs for sure.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#35 Dec 11, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually these two run hand in hand. A community that is financially sound usually has a good credit rating. This is taken into account when it come to insurance rates. The core of our community is rotting because the village cannot afford to keep it from doing so. It is a sad state of affairs for sure.
When you talk about the core of the community rotting, what specifically are you talking about?

As far as not being able to keep it from crumbling I'm not so sure....If you are speaking about infrastructure then I agree. But black's and Hispanics make a town crumble too
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#36 Dec 12, 2012
midloguy30 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you talk about the core of the community rotting, what specifically are you talking about?
As far as not being able to keep it from crumbling I'm not so sure....If you are speaking about infrastructure then I agree. But black's and Hispanics make a town crumble too
When you drive around town you see deteriorating commercial and residential properties. The infrastructure is dilapidated and in serious need of repair. It is more than blacks and hispanics. There are more white home owners in this town that live like hillbillys and whose property look like crap. Drive through town and find a dilapidated house. I bet a dime to a dollar that it is owned by a white family.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#37 Dec 12, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
When you drive around town you see deteriorating commercial and residential properties. The infrastructure is dilapidated and in serious need of repair. It is more than blacks and hispanics. There are more white home owners in this town that live like hillbillys and whose property look like crap. Drive through town and find a dilapidated house. I bet a dime to a dollar that it is owned by a white family.
I agree 100 percent. I run every day around town and will see the same bottles, fast food wrappers and scratch off tickets on peoples lawns day in and day out. Drives me crazy that you would not want your house to look nice, or even decent for that matter! I mean you would have to walk right past it in some cases, I started picking stuff up on my way home because it annoyed me so much, and yes it's a fact that they are owned by whites.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#38 Dec 12, 2012
"The core of our community is rotting because the village cannot afford to keep it from doing so. It is a sad state of affairs for sure."

After that you mention residential and commercial properties."

Not owned by the village.

Now

As far as infastructure.

We've got new parks and ball fields and new sidewalk laid in the"downtown" area.

Grant money yes...but we got it...its new.

Now we could use some new water main. But is the infastructure crumbling to the point that we are a "ghetto"?
I don't believe so.

Now...

In one breath you mention that populous has never taken down a town and in the next you mention the white hillrods with shitty houses.

What point are you trying to make? Or is your point just opposite of whatever mine is?

Just for the record.

I don't think all white people are saints. Trash in front of some white peoples houses....I believe you. White scumbags..I agree.

But whens the last time you exited off the Dan Ryan at 87th or 71st or 63rd. Thats not trash thats filth. Crack baggies, juice bottles, flamin hot bags like you wouldn't believe.

If you think that things would be cleaner in this town if whites were the minority here you are crazy. And it blows my mind that you would even enter this conversation Dog Walker. Because you just don't have a clue. You ever drive by those apartments just west of the ballfields over by KFC before midlo baseball cleans them up for the start of the year.. Dfuckincusting. Reminds me of the ghetto.

Lastly...What is your answer to my question in post 21

About Oak Lawn and what would be worse for the community...I'd like to hear your take.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#39 Dec 12, 2012
midloguy30 wrote:
"The core of our community is rotting because the village cannot afford to keep it from doing so. It is a sad state of affairs for sure."
After that you mention residential and commercial properties."
Not owned by the village.
Now
As far as infastructure.
We've got new parks and ball fields and new sidewalk laid in the"downtown" area.
Grant money yes...but we got it...its new.
Now we could use some new water main. But is the infastructure crumbling to the point that we are a "ghetto"?
I don't believe so.
Now...
In one breath you mention that populous has never taken down a town and in the next you mention the white hillrods with shitty houses.
What point are you trying to make? Or is your point just opposite of whatever mine is?
Just for the record.
I don't think all white people are saints. Trash in front of some white peoples houses....I believe you. White scumbags..I agree.
But whens the last time you exited off the Dan Ryan at 87th or 71st or 63rd. Thats not trash thats filth. Crack baggies, juice bottles, flamin hot bags like you wouldn't believe.
If you think that things would be cleaner in this town if whites were the minority here you are crazy. And it blows my mind that you would even enter this conversation Dog Walker. Because you just don't have a clue. You ever drive by those apartments just west of the ballfields over by KFC before midlo baseball cleans them up for the start of the year.. Dfuckincusting. Reminds me of the ghetto.
Lastly...What is your answer to my question in post 21
About Oak Lawn and what would be worse for the community...I'd like to hear your take.
First of all let me let you know I grew up in Calumet Park, so I know all about your theory about minorities ruining things, so don't tell me I have no place in this conversation. Honestly I don't know who's to blame for a lot of things going on in town. It takes one step forward and three steps back. I moved here thinking it would be a good little town to live in, and despite some other posters opinion of what I do in my spare time did think about running for office here, to change things, get some new blood in.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#40 Dec 12, 2012
Why did you decide to leave Cal Park?
mad here

Midlothian, IL

#41 Dec 13, 2012
well i have lived here many years and seen this town change. The trash the stores closing people dont care anymore or look out for each other.
three sides of this village there are black and mexican towns for years so why is ours changing well it is bound to happen times are tough and this town would be worse if our houses was worth more then all us whites would have moved all ready.I hope this town gets better but time will tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shitstain 1 hr lol 31
Water Rate Increase Some Basic Questions 2 hr Floyd 24
She Gone 3 hr Be Gone 12
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr Consumer Class Ac... 10,344
What would YOU do? 6 hr Citizen 8
Post Office (Mar '17) 20 hr Harry Milt 13
BIIP Taking Our Hard Earned Money AGAIN 21 hr Givem credit 15

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance