I Missed the Fest
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Plastic Bag Man

United States

#1 Aug 16, 2008
I was outta town on business and missed the Fest again this year....bummer. Where the hell did O'Conner's go anyway ? I was walking down Ridgeland on my way to Insane Creations and there was a f***ing bank there or something. What the hell has been going on ? I asked Sammy what was up and Sammy said nothing has been going on - he said he lost his best panhandling spot when Little Inn closed on 111th.........
Jimmy Ohara

United States

#2 Aug 18, 2008
Shout out to the Plastic Bag Man, you still keeping your seeds? Whats up with Gorrilla Head and Earring? Fest ruled I drank for free again. Gotta buck?
Sister Sledge

United States

#3 Aug 18, 2008
Jimmy & Sammy are my peeps screw off you snobs!!!
Dave Dangelo

United States

#4 Aug 18, 2008
remember when i ruled oxford? Sledge is a pretender
Sister Sledge

United States

#5 Aug 18, 2008
Sam & Dave Jimmy--all my bros I'm no fake!

“Every Dog Has His Day”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago Ridge

#6 Aug 21, 2008
Plastic Bag Man where you been? I havnt seen you since you took that walk with Sammy...
got a buck? got a smoke? can i have 5?
The Plastic Bag Man

United States

#7 Aug 21, 2008
Sledge if you have Oxford Ave credentials I would have met you partying in Granny Boyers vacant lot....Sammy is my bud cuz he used to buy me beer when Jimmy Ohare was in the joint...not many people know that Sammy was a pretty good drummer too.
Gorrilla Head

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2008
Im blowing a Charmin toker in my parents bathroom, i think i may have killed another hamster blowing hits in its face, that or its been napping for 3 days. Pepes sux, havent been allowed in there since the great hot sauce incident in the bathroom
Barb - Chicago Ridge

Chicago, IL

#9 Sep 24, 2008
The Plastic Bag Man wrote:
Where the hell did O'Conner's go anyway ? I was walking down Ridgeland on my way to Insane Creations and there was a f***ing bank there or something. What the hell has been going on ?.........
O'Connors has been gone for over a year now. And it's about time - that shithole housed the ultimate lowlifes. They moved their "Restaurant/Pub" on 111 street, about a half mile east of Ridgeland. A recent talk with June told me they're not doing that great. They jacked up alcohol prices and have over priced ho-hum food. They tore it down, it's just a lot now.
Jimmy Ohara

United States

#10 Sep 25, 2008
Im really sorry the kid looked to be at least 11.
http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1184186,092...

“actual mugshot ”

Since: Aug 08

Dixmoor, Illinois

#11 Sep 26, 2008
Whaddya mean lowlifes used to hang out at O'Connors? I used to hang out there all the time.
Okay, alright now that I think about it you might have a point. One time I was blasted on peyote and was staggering down Ridgeland hallucinating coming back from the late movie at Harlem Corners. I opened the door to go into 7-11 and became confused by how dark it was and when the hell did 7-11 get a jukebox that played Garth Brooks and poker machines that never pay? Turns out I was actually in O'Connors on the other side of the street. Whoops. So anyway I manage to order a beer and go to the pisser to take a leak. I went to pull out my hitter to sneak a quick toke and accidentally jumbled a little change from my pocket into the urinal. A few pennies and a nickel fell right next to the pink cake deodorizer in the pisser. Oh well. So I went back to the bar and drank up and had a great time without my change. Before I left for the night, I went back in the washroom to take a nightcap piss. To my astonishment THE CHANGE I DROPPED HAD BEEN REMOVED FROM THE URINAL!!!! There were some real dirtbags in there that night. Let me tell ya. I can supply names, but it was pretty much the usual suspects if you can imagine.
Flower Seller

United States

#12 Sep 29, 2008
You know that one dude, with the long beak, who has been selling flowers at intersections all around the southside, for the last 20 yrs? What is his deal?
TheOtherSideOfTh eRidge

United States

#13 Sep 29, 2008
I've seen that dude at the Pump Room on 111th. Must have been after his flower selling shift.
Dollar Bottles

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 30, 2008
I honestly thought that Flower Seller was Plastic Bag Man. Plastic Bag Man is it you?? If it's not him I bet they hang in the same circle.

“Handsome As Ever”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#15 Sep 30, 2008
I think PBM is the older guy on the 10-speed w/ plastic bags hanging off of the bars. I usually see him around PK's or Jack & Pat's.

“actual mugshot ”

Dixmoor, Illinois

#16 Oct 1, 2008
Hey what can I say ? I'm a local legend. Kinda like when people think they've spotted Elvis or Jim Morrison or D.B. Cooper somewhere but they're not sure if it really was. You can spot me all over if you know where to look. I party with all sorts.
Barb

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 2, 2008
Bagman -

I'd go to the old O'Connors once in awhile, including the VFW.

VFW recently got it's late license yanked because of too many "occurances". I thought O'Connors held the scumbag title, but now it belongs to the VFW patrons. It's a shame. Marilyn as a bartender doesn't help one bit.

“always deseed and destem”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18 Oct 2, 2008
Plastic Bag Man got his name from the various small ziploc bags he is known to conceal. seems he got a few in each sock, shirt and pants pockets, etc...These bags are known to contain various illicit substances that Bag Man relies on to support his existance. cool thing about the PBM is if he is holding, he will share. Bag Man abides. I saw Bag Man the other day, his teeth are ok, seems that amish prick fixed em up pretty good.

“actual mugshot ”

Dixmoor, Illinois

#19 Oct 2, 2008
Marilyn was a riff-raff magnet. Come to think of it, pretty much every bartender in Oc's brought in the riff raff. Remember Harry the Drunk Burglar who would get wasted at Oc's and then go and break into local garages? A lot of times I think I was the only person in there that had a job which brings me to my next point.
GH ain't totally right. I'm called the Plastic Bag Man for a lot of reasons. Maybe the reason is my job as a dogsitter and dogwalker for the rich and famous in the near West Burbs requires me to carry plastic bags at all times....... I may or may not have worked at Landis Plastics....I may or may not carry ziplocks on my person for unknown reasons.....I may or may not be spotted collecting aluminum cans in plastic trash bags to bring in for recycling $$....I may or may not hide my stash in plastic bags in alleys and yards all around the Ridge so I'm never far from a buzz.....doesn't everyone wear plastic bags on their feet to keep'em dry in the winter?.... I may or may not need plastic bags to deliver newspapers.....
Barb

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 3, 2008
"Marilyn was a riff-raff magnet"

PBMan - Marilyn works at the VFW bar downstairs, and she's still a riff-raff magnet. Kinda like flies on chit.

Do you know that old, tall man with the kind of long grey hair, always disheveled - I forgot his name - Bob? Well, he lost everything including his mind. He's living on the porch of the building next to where Brunos laundromat use to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are we trying to hide a shady past Arty? 12 min Obumer 14
Tax Mongers, and property assessments is the game 14 min fix bayonets 2
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 1 hr Neighborhood Watch 10,049
illage Board meeting 6/20/2017 1 hr Just Go Away 4
Stop the Cook County Tax Increase com 2 hr chris 29
where is our garbage money 5 hr No To Higher BIIP... 73
Mayor Vargas left powerless after Tuesday's co... 5 hr No to Higher BIIP... 85

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance