Tired of seeing businesses close in B...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Build BI2

Alsip, IL

#42 Feb 16, 2013
Getting back on topic regarding businesses closing - what are the respective candidates going to do to revive the business community? Bottom line - unless we attract new businesses (and not more bars, nail salons, or taco stands) to Blue Island we will continue to see its decline and more shuttered store-fronts. We need a plan to attract investors in our community.

So - to the candidates ... what is your plan??
Business License Ready

Chicago, IL

#43 Feb 16, 2013
Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party will introduce Pawn Shops, Tattoo Spots, and more video gambling, to Blue Island.
Pawn Shop

Chicago, IL

#44 Feb 17, 2013
Business License Ready wrote:
Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party will introduce Pawn Shops, Tattoo Spots, and more video gambling, to Blue Island.
Pawn Shop(s), more Tattoo Spots, or more Video Gambling establishments will definitely not inspire or attract pedestrian family oriented foot traffic to the undeveloped underutilized business areas of Blue Island and will create the wrong atmosphere.
BlueIslandSkepti c

United States

#45 Feb 17, 2013
Business License Ready wrote:
And you know this how? Or are you just pulling things out of your butt and flinging them in the air to see if it flies or falls? How sad for you? If I use your criteria on Alan Stevo it would be as thus....Stevo & his followers will segregate Black & Hispanics to Ghettos on the east side. They will not be allowed past Vincennes Rd. and they would need ID's to come into town.
Sounds idiotic & stupid doesn't it? That's what your assumptions sound like about the Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party [which isn't even the correct name you idiot!] to any person with a modicum of intelligence.
Ask Mary

Chicago, IL

#46 Feb 17, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how? Or are you just pulling things out of your butt and flinging them in the air to see if it flies or falls? How sad for you? If I use your criteria on Alan Stevo it would be as thus....Stevo & his followers will segregate Black & Hispanics to Ghettos on the east side. They will not be allowed past Vincennes Rd. and they would need ID's to come into town.
Sounds idiotic & stupid doesn't it? That's what your assumptions sound like about the Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party [which isn't even the correct name you idiot!] to any person with a modicum of intelligence.
Domingo should have disclosed the information to you, by now.
unintended consequences

Blue Island, IL

#47 Feb 17, 2013
Please get yourself some help. If not for you, well then for the people you love.
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Marc

Chicago, IL

#48 Feb 17, 2013
No Confidence Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
The party's have always collaborated!
With their numbers dwindling the former party's evolved into "The Blue Island Independent Party". A current third ward alderman (Coalition Progressive) is running as an "Independent" for clerk, former BIPD chief (Coalition Progressive) for "Independent" 4th ward alderman. These candidates have a history of failure to provide responsible representation of the residents/taxpayers and have earned the "No Confidence Vote" they deserve.
I am afraid you are absolutely correct, there has been a complete change over with employees at the township and a change in candidates. Out with the old in with the new......

-No doubt, the Coalition/Progressive Blue Island Independent Party will put their OWN people in TOP SPOTS, and hire at lower wages, to provide more jobs and more votes.

They will have Burt find the loop hole to destroy the municipal pensions...while they're at it.

Too much power in anyone's hands IS A BAD THING!

51 days until the April 9, 2013, election.

Stevo it is.
Pawned

Chicago, IL

#49 Feb 17, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.blueisland.org/wp-content/uploads/...
Unsupported

New Lenox, IL

#50 Feb 17, 2013
Try getting rid of the shines. Problem solved. Last time I was in BI there was a banger on the sidewalk north of the police station. Had two shorties with him. Pants down enough to see his checked undies. Nice visit to good ol BI. There is your problem.
MoFo

Orland Park, IL

#51 Feb 18, 2013
Report Fraud in BI wrote:
We all have to do what we can
to preserve the few businesses that remain.
Few Businesses ? We just got two more big Black Clubs that opened in Blue Island. Now that makes at least three big Black Clubs including Tommy's.
Mark

Plainfield, IL

#52 Feb 18, 2013
Unsupported wrote:
Try getting rid of the shines. Problem solved. Last time I was in BI there was a banger on the sidewalk north of the police station. Had two shorties with him. Pants down enough to see his checked undies. Nice visit to good ol BI. There is your problem.
Keep your racism and empty head out of BI. Your little burg may have to demote you as village idiot if you keep posting your garbage.
Makes you wonder

Blue Island, IL

#53 Sep 27, 2013
Western Ave looks like a ghost town. Why is Cal Park booming, and Blue Island going backwards?
Stanley

United States

#54 Sep 27, 2013
Makes you wonder wrote:
Western Ave looks like a ghost town. Why is Cal Park booming, and Blue Island going backwards?
Many reasons ... Blue Island is mired in debt, there is no incentives to attract quality businesses, no political will to get much needed grants - and no money for matching funds ...coupled with a horrible tax rate and building owners that are unwilling to make needed improvements to attract investors. Other towns are flourishing ...
I finally woke up

Blue Island, IL

#55 Sep 28, 2013
Stanley wrote:
<quoted text> Many reasons ... Blue Island is mired in debt, there is no incentives to attract quality businesses, no political will to get much needed grants - and no money for matching funds ...coupled with a horrible tax rate and building owners that are unwilling to make needed improvements to attract investors. Other towns are flourishing ...
Sounds more and more like Detroit. Where those elected, failed the people for their own personal gain. The BGA report woke me up! Hope it wakes you up also!
BOB

Alsip, IL

#57 Sep 28, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
To the Josh Tate, Pace-Green and Stevo sycophants, throttle it back people! You must enjoy talking to each other, reading your posts and kissing each other's behinds. Sheesh! The big bad wolf Peloquin will be gone soon. So will his axe-man Pam Frasor. Let's take your heads out of each other's butts and see the world as it is & not what you want it too be. Now I have people pay me for what I'm about to tell you so pay attention! The country, state and county is going through a severe financial meltdown. Blue Island is just another town among many in this County that has severe money problems. I agree with some here about municipal services not being what they should, I also agree that the state of Business here is also not spectacular. The signs around town lack adequate up keep not to speak of the streets and alleys. The 2 bridges across the canal need replacement. Our schools need dire help. It takes money and time to accomplish what took years of neglect and arrogance to destroy. Peloquins ideas for the town were not in the towns best interests. He ignored the present to achieve a better future. He ignored one important factor..the state of health of the Illinois finances. All his ideas for the future for BI were staked on Illinois being solvent. He is no financial genius. He has proved that many times. His short sightness has cost this town plenty. Does Alan Stevo have any experience with financial matters? Does Pace-Green? Does Tommy Brown? Can they communicate a coherent fiscal plan of action to the community, the County or the State? I have not heard of anything yet...has anyone? The Independent Party has a working plan that is being fine tuned. It may not be perfect but it is something.
That is more than I've heard from the other's. All I've heard from the Stevo & Brown camp are endless boring mews of how bad things are and how evil the Independent Party is. Nothing but endless platitudes and complaints from these mal-contents. Give this community a benefit of the doubt and tell us your platform. Don't tell us voters that what you will do for BI is too complicated and time consuming to explain to the community....WHAT!? This I heard from the Stevo camp. Arrogance beyond belief.
What do you think now?
BOB

Alsip, IL

#58 Sep 28, 2013
What happened to post #56? There is 2 hours between #55 and #57. Is someone being paid to sit,monitor, and delete threads in realtime? Keywords?
BOB

Alsip, IL

#59 Sep 28, 2013
How ironic. Candace Carr appears to have started this thread and now she cannot even talk without permission.
Home e

Chicago, IL

#60 Sep 28, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think now?
I think it is time for home rule
Great Idea

Chicago, IL

#61 Sep 28, 2013
Home e wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is time for home rule
Home Confinement, The Grey Bar Hotel (Jail), and Electronic Monitoring, too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orland fire chief I'm trouble 1 hr Dummy 13
Blue Island needs a Alderman like this 1 hr dont trust em 4
tough guy trumbull 1 hr trumbull 12
Revitalize Blue Island - Simple Ideas (May '13) 4 hr Today At the BI L... 83
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 9 hr Wake up call 465
Water usage 12 hr trumbull 135
Robert Barillo 15 hr Not Racist 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Heights Mortgages