Tired of seeing businesses close in B...

Tired of seeing businesses close in Blue Island?

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carr Gardens

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Jul 21, 2009
The solution is simple, and one I urge all of you to participate in. Visit this website http://www.the350project.net/home.html and learn how you can make a difference. Pick 3. Spend 50. Save your local economy.
GSZ

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2009
the solution was simple. now we have to wait 4 more yrs until peloquin is gone
Maybe Less

AOL

#3 Jul 21, 2009
GSZ wrote:
the solution was simple. now we have to wait 4 more yrs until peloquin is gone
~~~~~~~~~~

Three years, nine months, Maybe Less!

Peloquin could find himself face to face with
George Ryan~

~~~~~~~~~~
Apple

Grand Prairie, TX

#4 Jul 21, 2009
I love this 3/50 Project. It's similar to the spending $5 in BI posts. Is there a way to find out the Blue Island businesses/supporters of this project?

Since: Jul 09

Blue Island

#5 Jul 21, 2009
You can go here http://www.the350project.net/supporters.html and scroll down the page. I think I'm the only one listed right now, but I know the City of Blue Island signed up yesterday. It just takes a few days for the website to be updated. I'd like to see every business and resident sign up.
Eddie

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Jul 21, 2009
Support our local businesses. Everyone in the City must band together.
concerned in BI

Midlothian, IL

#7 Jul 21, 2009
People say it is hard to shop in BI but if we make an effort, we can do it.
Report Fraud in BI

AOL

#8 Jul 21, 2009
We all have to do what we can
to preserve the few businesses that remain.
Eddie

Tinley Park, IL

#9 Jul 21, 2009
The Forum should promote this program. They should provide a website where all citizens can pledge to support our city.
GSZ

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2009
where is our town leaders.my alderman is comatose and the mayor is not even involved in his neighborhood. he has been non-existent the ten yrs i have lived across the street.
Mary

Tinley Park, IL

#11 Jul 22, 2009
The Forum should have a monthly contest for the resident who spends the most money at our local businesses. The winner should be honored as the Resident of the month.

Blue Island

#12 Jul 22, 2009
I made a mistake. The 3/50 Project does not have a place where residents can sign up, but we can encourage residents to mention it to business owners, who can then sign up the businesses.
Eddie, the Forum did print an article about it, but it went largely unnoticed.
Fresh Thoughts

Hazel Crest, IL

#13 Jul 22, 2009
We need new people, new ideas, to turn the Blue Island central business district around. The current formula being used has failed. Currently those in power, are just putting in their time, building up their pensions and can't wait to turn the problems they created over to someone else.
GSZ

United States

#14 Jul 23, 2009
The residents and business owners should be furious with the peloquin regime.JOBS FOR VOTES,JOBS FOR VOTES
GSZ

United States

#15 Jul 23, 2009
Fresh Thoughts wrote:
We need new people, new ideas, to turn the Blue Island central business district around. The current formula being used has failed. Currently those in power, are just putting in their time, building up their pensions and can't wait to turn the problems they created over to someone else.
Fresh thoughts is balls on accurate it was the same 4 yrs ago. the people of this town are blind. to bad they are not color blind because we could be talking about moving forward rather than the failed past.
info

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 23, 2009
I KNOW SOME OF THE BUSINESS LEFT DUE TO HIGH RENT. CAN YOU IMAGINE 1800.00 PLUS UTILITIES. I GUESS THE OWNERS LIKE THIER EMPTY BUILDINGS. It is best to focus on the positive move forward IGNORE THE NEGATIVE ITS LIKE DOG MESS STINKS AWHILE DRIES UP AND GOES AWAY
Tom

Tinley Park, IL

#17 Jul 23, 2009
How to train a hater: 1) Post a comment-anything is fine. 2) Haters will be notified by e-mail or other methods of a response being posted. 3) Haters will immediately run to their computers; night or day. 4) Haters will immediately respond with a negative post. Priceless.
Report Fraud in BI

AOL

#18 Jul 23, 2009
GSZ wrote:
<quoted text>Fresh thoughts is balls on accurate it was the same 4 yrs ago. the people of this town are blind. to bad they are not color blind because we could be talking about moving forward rather than the failed past.
What do you recommend regarding the current failures?

The dried up stores STINK!

The pothole ridden streets STINK TOO!

BLUE ISLAND HAS COME TO A GRINDING HAULT WITH THINGS NOT MOVING FORWARD!

AT ELECTION TIME PELOQUIN PROMISED MUCH;
SO FAR HE HAS NOT DELIVERED..........

Blue Island

#19 Jul 24, 2009
The high rents are not entirely the fault of the building owners. Property tax on commercial buildings has skyrocketed in recent years. Rents must be high for the building owners to meet their property taxes. This is the fault of the county. High rents and empty buildings is a county-wide problem.
now now now

Midlothian, IL

#20 Jul 25, 2009
What you see, is what you get. This is a twenty four year vision of what the Peloquin------- administration has brought to us. What are your complaints? Please deposit all complaints in the ballot box come election day !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wondering (Mar '17) 6 min lol 4
property taxes and theives (Nov '09) 15 min Got to Go 75
Clerk Barbara Harrison 21 min Web MD 45
Where is the Village Budget? 43 min Poopy 5
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 1 hr Party Over Princi... 10,517
Lyons Police Officers Laid Off (Dec '09) 2 hr Yesteryear 18
B.I. has part time mayor 3 hr Here We Go 56

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance