2 charged with thefts at cemeteries, ...

2 charged with thefts at cemeteries, funeral homes

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

Jacob

Alsip, IL

#1 Nov 1, 2009
A pair of Southland residents have been charged with breaking into cars at local cemeteries and funeral homes, the Cook County sheriff's office said, and authorities are questioning them about their roles in even more thefts.

Stacy Egan, 23, of Orland Park, and Thomas Beach, 22, of Worth, are suspected of a rash of thefts that took place throughout the summer, mostly at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Worth.

» Click to enlarge image

Stacy Egan (left), of Orland Park, and Thomas Beach, of Worth, are charged in connection with thefts from cars at area cemeteries and funeral homes.
(Supplied photos)
The string of thefts ended Friday when the pair was pulled over in Chicago Ridge and police found “several items in their possession about which the Cook County Sheriff's Department had sent out bulletins,” according to a news release.
During questioning, Egan told investigators that the pair “specifically targeted unlocked cars at that cemetery, striking while families were at gravesites,” according to the release.

The thefts later expanded to cars parked at funeral homes, authorities said.

Egan, 23, of the 11900 block of Chisholm Trail, Orland Park, was charged with four counts of felony burglary and criminal trespassing to vehicles. Beach, of the 10200 block of South Ridgeland Avenue, Worth, was charged with one count of felony burglary and criminal trespassing to vehicles.

Investigators from Oak Lawn, Worth, Chicago Ridge and the Cook County Sheriff’s Department are now looking into other cemetery and funeral home burglaries reported in their areas in recent months.

Both are free on $75,000 bail

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1848908,The...
Indeed

Wayne, IL

#2 Nov 1, 2009
These people are pure garbage to capitilize on a crime of someone's grief.
Disgusting!
John

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2009
some people are just disgusting.
Lenni

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Nov 3, 2009
Talk about a one way ticket to hell.
anti grave robber

Oak Forest, IL

#5 May 11, 2010
are they still in jail
wondering

Oak Forest, IL

#6 May 12, 2010
does anyone know if justice was served or did the pair get a slap on the wrist
he gone

Oak Forest, IL

#7 Oct 29, 2011
Lenni wrote:
Talk about a one way ticket to hell.
tom beach the grave robber has cashed in on his one way ticket to hell this month. rest assured tom beach justice has been served rip
o well

Oak Forest, IL

#8 Oct 29, 2011
wondering wrote:
does anyone know if justice was served or did the pair get a slap on the wrist
some times justice is served one way or another it always catches up to ya
thomas beach

Oak Forest, IL

#9 Feb 2, 2013
when these crimes were committed neither one of us was in the right state of mind. i am very sorry for anyone that has suffered because of this. i have now accepted god into my life and would like to try and make amends wherever possible. i have served my time, and paid paid my debt. again, i am very, very sorry.
geezy

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 24, 2013
thomas beach wrote:
when these crimes were committed neither one of us was in the right state of mind. i am very sorry for anyone that has suffered because of this. i have now accepted god into my life and would like to try and make amends wherever possible. i have served my time, and paid paid my debt. again, i am very, very sorry.
Tom,
All you can do is stay away from drugs... stay clean.. so that yoy never hirt people again... and the ppl that think your family passing away is your karma are crazy.. no one deserves that... ♥ you tommy stay strong... there is a good peraon in there... a smart person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You DaDonna people are ridiculous. 1 hr Pathetic 2
2017 Alsip Municipal Election (Sep '16) 1 hr Youre A Liar 111
Gay Meet Up. ;) (Feb '16) 2 hr Troy the true Plu... 2
breaking 2 hr BIIP Skit 12
Back door deals 5.0 2 hr robo call foia 45
Wasting your time 3 hr Corruption 22 1
Rita-Vargas Patronage Island 3 hr My Taxes are 2 High 77

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance