Clinton

United States

#142 Jan 1, 2013
Infrastructure he cant even fill the open vacant spots all over town.The biggest problem is he thinks hes doing a good job which he is not.He has been part of the problem for over twenty years which all could have been avoided during his tenure.clinton
Ha ha

Midlothian, IL

#143 Jan 1, 2013
Flipper wrote:
How about that splish splash pool upgrade, I can't wait to do my back-flips in that. I can't comment on the park districts tight budget as they would like you to make an appointment with Ms. Rybak if you would like to see it. This according to their website. I don't think that's the spirit of the FOIA. I do know Terry is working on infrastructure projects that are needed and he is definitely more open with the public's business than anything Ms. Rybak is associated with. I know he volunteers at St. Chris and his family seems to be very civic-minded.
Gleason/Rybak seem to be all about themselves and money, every thing Gleason and company touches winds up putting public money in an office which should be abolished. 2% return is nothing to brag about even in this economy. I did better than that with my own money.
<quoted text>
Rybak and Gleason have always been in it for themselves and there prospective families.They both seem to always have booze on there breath .Ive spoken with many over this weekend at church grocery shopping etc. and they think it's ridiculous Rybak would even consider running who in gods good name does she think she is .She is ok for these dinky dink positions she holds but Mayor geez I'm embarrassed for her she's given a lot of people a good laugh.
1vote for Terry

Midlothian, IL

#144 Jan 1, 2013
Mrs.Rybak needs to face the facts , she's really not all that liked in this town. her cronyism and her unpopular decisions have made some of us question her capabilities.
I say bring terry back
Say No to Rybak
Clinton

United States

#145 Jan 1, 2013
Thats funny I was at church vfw keystone cafe and bartilinnis this past week nobody is voting for terry again.

Blue Island, IL

#146 Jan 1, 2013
I to have talked to many people and they will not vote for Terry, Rybak yes Gleason no
Another

Chicago, IL

#147 Jan 1, 2013
Clinton wrote:
Infrastructure he cant even fill the open vacant spots all over town.The biggest problem is he thinks hes doing a good job which he is not.He has been part of the problem for over twenty years which all could have been avoided during his tenure.clinton
Time for another career politician to go.
Chuck Schwab

Midlothian, IL

#148 Jan 1, 2013
Since Gleason and Rybak are fiscal experts maybe they can tell me how this makes sense.

BTTS compensation =$535,000.00 annually

http://brementts.org/uploads/IMRFSalaryBenefi...

The last year 2011 investments only earned 1.2Million

http://bhsd228.schoolwires.net/cms/lib6/IL010...

About half the interest earned is going right back into the treasurers office. I'm no financial expert but that makes no sense to me. Which is probably why other townships got rid of it.
Bob Jones

Midlothian, IL

#149 Jan 1, 2013

This link is the 2013 budget for BHSD 228 around page 9 there is a blue box with a note in it that says..."Unbalanced budget, however, a deficit reduction plan is not required at this time."

This note is on the last two years of reports that I could find but not previous reports.

Also I noticed that these reports no longer list "Legal services" where previous reports do.

All I can make from this is they don't want to publish their legal expenses and they didn't balance the budget.

Perhaps her fiscal acumen is not so hot eh?

Since: Jan 13

Midlothian, IL

#150 Jan 1, 2013
I just want to know when Midlothian is going to stop looking like Ford Heights or Englewood.....I can't believe all the boarded up houses and now even a corner business....I'm just hoping Midlothian can be turned around.....I don't really trust anything that you guys write on here....when I see people throw their names on this site than I can trust it more.....atleast Terry and Sharon have a face behind their names....most of you just hide behind your screen names on here....so feel free to put a name behind your posts....I'm not but I'm also not given half truth statements trying to bash these candidates.
1vote for Terry

Midlothian, IL

#151 Jan 1, 2013
Chuck Schwab wrote:
Since Gleason and Rybak are fiscal experts maybe they can tell me how this makes sense.
About half the interest earned is going right back into the treasurers office. I'm no financial expert but that makes no sense to me. Which is probably why other townships got rid of it.
Please don't criticize me but could you put this in a way I can understand it?
Clinton

United States

#152 Jan 1, 2013
Chuck Schwab wrote:
So your complaining that the treasures office made only 1.2million in investments?I think they put half the money back in the treasures office made to make more money.Nice job by rybak if she is responsible for making 228 a 1.2 million dollar gain!
Chuck Schwab

Midlothian, IL

#153 Jan 1, 2013
The Bremen Township Trustees of Schools (BTTS) exists solely to invest the money of the school districts in Bremen Township. This could be outsourced to a bank or other financial expert.(and save the taxpayers a whole lot of money and eliminate a useless government agency which fosters waste and corruption) Orland eliminated theirs I think Palos did as well. BTTS has a payroll of over half a million a year. The school districts gave them about a hundred million dollars to invest and they made less than 2% on it, half the interest they made goes right back to cover BTTS salaries. It is generally accepted that 1 or 2 percent is what you should pay for fees on most investments these folks are getting 50% that is crazy.

1vote for Terry wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't criticize me but could you put this in a way I can understand it?
Clinton

Midlothian, IL

#154 Jan 2, 2013
I did some research and you were right the bank pays one or two %.228 pays out 535,000 and last year only had 1.2 million in profits.Here is the part chuck I found you are withholding from the people reading this thread.Some years in the past when the stockmart was good this office brought in 10-20million dollars a yr when the bank was bring in two million.A lot if upgrades to our schools including an addition and bremen and oak forest was paid with these profit.Another bravo to rybak!
No Rybak supporter

Midlothian, IL

#155 Jan 2, 2013
Clinton wrote:
I did some research and you were right the bank pays one or two %.228 pays out 535,000 and last year only had 1.2 million in profits.Here is the part chuck I found you are withholding from the people reading this thread.Some years in the past when the stockmart was good this office brought in 10-20million dollars a yr when the bank was bring in two million.A lot if upgrades to our schools including an addition and bremen and oak forest was paid with these profit.Another bravo to rybak!
Who was your research .....Rybak probably same last name as yours so easily accessible eh .
Chuck Schwab

Midlothian, IL

#156 Jan 2, 2013
Your logic is flawed my friend. If BTTS could get a better return when we had a better economy why couldn't a private bank/financial services company have done the same thing? Also this county/township has one of the highest corruption taxes in the country, eliminating it would save a bunch of money for us in Bremen Township.
Clinton wrote:

Since: Jan 13

Batavia, IL

#157 Jan 2, 2013
Can I hear more about the finances of the Village of Midlothian...I see all this on the Township but what about the state of the Village of Midlothian...where is the best place to go to find information on how money is being allocated in Midlothian and compare to previous years
Clinton

Midlothian, IL

#158 Jan 2, 2013
Contact the treasures office and ask for their financial statements for this and previous years you will get them
What

Chicago, IL

#159 Jan 2, 2013
What is Jawa and how much is it costing?
Clinton

Midlothian, IL

#160 Jan 2, 2013
Board thats a good question I do not know the answer to that.
WOW

Midlothian, IL

#162 Jan 2, 2013
Looks like Evelyn wants more money from us....

This is from Midlothian Park District minutes from October, interesting how they don't keep all the minutes up for the whole year...

Discussion of the action to be taken at Splish Splash pool took
place. Evelyn contacted Pat Callahan from GCI Architects about
the cost of doing a preliminary design for a new pool. He has
agreed to do this for a cost of no more the $5,000.00. Evelyn
asked Joe McDonnell of the treasurerís office (BTTS) to figure out the
impact of a 2.5 million dollar bond issue on the average home
in Midlothian. When that information becomes available she
will present it to the board.

http://midlothianparkdistrict.org/cms/content...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let the election game start 7 min Bullies 11
BIIP and BITP 8 min Corrupto 117
Mokena's THREE STOOGES (May '12) 22 min Flip Flopper 510
midlothian election 23 min clinton 58
Olivieri Right About John Downs and Village Board 24 min Flip Flopper 11
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 30 min Enough 51
Blue Island Rec Center newest employee 37 min Start at home 21
Palos Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web