Amherst, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Why hasn't the school, city or the school district done something with the traffic problem around that school? A child is going to be hurt or killed not to speak of the residents who live on that block. What happens if there is a fire or a need for an ambulance? No vehicle can get down that street because parents literally block access to it. And when you let them know the problems they are causing they either ignore you, blame the school, blame the town, each other, tell you to mind your business or call you a racist! What must the children think!?
I have asked my Alderman, Nancy Thompson about this and she has explained that the school district has ignored all demand, pleas or invitations to have a sit down and solve this situation.
She has said the School Board chooses to ignore it and pretend it does not exist!!!
This has been a long running problem that if not dealt with soon will cost the city another lawsuit.
Jobs for Votes

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BlueIslandParent wrote:
Why hasn't the school, city or the school district done something with the traffic problem around that school? A child is going to be hurt or killed not to speak of the residents who live on that block. What happens if there is a fire or a need for an ambulance? No vehicle can get down that street because parents literally block access to it. And when you let them know the problems they are causing they either ignore you, blame the school, blame the town, each other, tell you to mind your business or call you a racist! What must the children think!?
I have asked my Alderman, Nancy Thompson about this and she has explained that the school district has ignored all demand, pleas or invitations to have a sit down and solve this situation.
She has said the School Board chooses to ignore it and pretend it does not exist!!!
This has been a long running problem that if not dealt with soon will cost the city another lawsuit.
What about Domingo Vargas he has been alderman much longer than Ms Thompson.
Why

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BlueIslandParent wrote:
Why hasen't Attorney and Mayor Pro Tem resolved this safety issue in city council committee, with the school superintendent, each particular school, and the school officials?
BlueIslandSkepti c

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hasen't Attorney and Mayor Pro Tem resolved this safety issue in city council committee, with the school superintendent, each particular school, and the school officials?
Reading is a skill. Please practice it before you make an ass of yourself again. I think the parent stated that Alderman Thompson & I imagine Alderman Vargas have made overtures to the school and the School Board about this matter and have been turned down repeatedly for a meeting.
R ya new

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

You have a uniformed crossing guard on 123rd st. She waives multiple vehicles threw the intersection as she see's fit, if you slow and look around to make sure it's safe to proceed on your own she will yell at you. several times kid's have walked up behind her to cross and she doesn't see them , preoccupied with getting cars clear. IT ALL FALLS ON DEAF EARS..
CASA

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BlueIslandParent wrote:
In 2010,a neighborhood meeting was held Family of Hope Christian Church to discuss the problems with the traffic at Paul Revere and other school related issues. Nancy Thompson, a newly elected alderman came to the meeting but Domingo Vargas who was also invited did not. If Domingo had cared about the issue, he would have been there to talk to the public and to help solve the problems.

That being said,our arrogant and lazy 130 school board has ignored the concerns of the neighborhood and have left thmeselves open to lawsuits that will be paid for by the taxpayers.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Minorities generally follow the rules of the road less and are less courteous drivers.
Resident

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

The only way to solve this problem is to close the streets around the school. Make the parents park away from the school and walk them to school. The closure should be at in the morning (arrival time) and afternoon (dismissal). The board made the school, a neighborhood school, which means walking to school. The board should insist on meeting with the following: The board, the staff, the residents, the parents, and city officials, and police. This will cost time and effort but at the end of the day, who is really to do that. I challenge all of you to do it!!!!!! Who's going to make the first move and who doesn't want to put the effort. If you are not willing to put the effort, don't complain!!!!!!!!!!
Already Implemented

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Other schools successfully handled the problem.

Make the street one way for 30 min during drop and pick up time and keep the traffic moving in one direction.

Just Do It!
R ya new

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Already Implemented wrote:
Other schools successfully handled the problem.
Make the street one way for 30 min during drop and pick up time and keep the traffic moving in one direction.
Just Do It!
They have already done so five years ago!!!
CASA

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

R ya new wrote:
<quoted text>They have already done so five years ago!!!
If that's the case, then why is the traffic still such a mess at Paul Revere? The people who live on 123rd pl can't even get in out out of their homes twice a day, 5 days a week. 1123rd pl is a complete wreck from all of the school busses rolling over it and there is not enough parking for both staff and parents. When SD 130 built this school,they didn't consider the impact it would have on the neighborhood.
Briliant

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

CASA wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case, then why is the traffic still such a mess at Paul Revere? The people who live on 123rd pl can't even get in out out of their homes twice a day, 5 days a week. 1123rd pl is a complete wreck from all of the school busses rolling over it and there is not enough parking for both staff and parents. When SD 130 built this school,they didn't consider the impact it would have on the neighborhood.
You're absolutely right! There's so much open area in Blue Island, they should have built the school somewhere else. All the schools should be moved away from the neighborhoods, so none of the children can walk and all need to be driven or bussed. I'm glad to see Nancy Thompson attended the meeting, but for what? To complain side by side with you about all the unrealistic solutions you have and give false hope through empty promises. Is there a forum that you don't complain about?
Maybe if there weren't so many multi-family units created from single family residences and so many families living under one roof, and so many children per family and so many children who attend school in BI, through false addresses, then we wouldn't need to keep bulding bigger schools to accomodate the overcrowding we already have. These problems all lean on each other.
You like to complain a lot, but I've yet to hear a reasonable, feasible solution.
BlueIslandSkepti c

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Briliant wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right! There's so much open area in Blue Island, they should have built the school somewhere else. All the schools should be moved away from the neighborhoods, so none of the children can walk and all need to be driven or bussed. I'm glad to see Nancy Thompson attended the meeting, but for what? To complain side by side with you about all the unrealistic solutions you have and give false hope through empty promises. Is there a forum that you don't complain about?
Maybe if there weren't so many multi-family units created from single family residences and so many families living under one roof, and so many children per family and so many children who attend school in BI, through false addresses, then we wouldn't need to keep bulding bigger schools to accomodate the overcrowding we already have. These problems all lean on each other.
You like to complain a lot, but I've yet to hear a reasonable, feasible solution.
As I have stated before on this Forum numerous times..CASA is a fraud and joke of the worst possible kind. It is a vehicle for an opportunistic, menopausal individual who is not even HISPANIC! CASA was at one time an Hispanic organization created to advance the causes of the Hispanic community in Blue Island. It was hijacked by a corrupt, narcissistic, ego-maniac who has lost grasp of reality. Much of the original membership left when they found out what this Anglita was up too. CASA was never suppose to be "Political". She turned it one and into her own little vehicle of innuendo, border line libel & slander and has turned CASA into a running joke among the Hispanic community here. I have talked to a one time prominent member about this lady. They have butted heads many times and the things she has told of the antics of this woman would make your temper rise in indignation.
jobs for votes

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Briliant wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of code enforcement of codes already in the books from both the schools principal and the mayor of B.I.
Goodness

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

what about the stupid parents who scream, yell profanities, death threats, throw boiling hot coffee, and actually try to run over the crossing guards... please, what a mess!
BlTaxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Goodness wrote:
what about the stupid parents who scream, yell profanities, death threats, throw boiling hot coffee, and actually try to run over the crossing guards... please, what a mess!
So you have witnessed that to eh? Even the teachers are intimidated by some of the parents. These teachers try or co-ordinate the perpetual mess of traffic and some of these self entitled, self absorbed parents think it is their God given right to berate and heckle these teachers...in front of their children. Is it any wonder some of these kids have behavior problems in school?
They mimic and mirror their parents attitude to the teachers.
Parent

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

That's why they should close the streets around the school during drop-off and pick-up. These parent are going to be mad any way, aleast they will be safe by walking instead of being behind the wheel. Everyone is the blame and everyone should sit down and attack the issue before someone gets hurt!!!!
CASA

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Goodness wrote:
If the BIPD would come in for two weeks and start writing tickets, the parents would settle down and behave like adults.
Goodness

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Parent wrote:
That's why they should close the streets around the school during drop-off and pick-up. These parent are going to be mad any way, aleast they will be safe by walking instead of being behind the wheel. Everyone is the blame and everyone should sit down and attack the issue before someone gets hurt!!!!
If you close the streets around the school, that will just move the problem over a few blocks.
7th Ward resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I would like to hear ideas of the candidates for Mayor and Alderman this Spring have for this lawsuit waiting to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palos Heights Discussions

Search the Palos Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 20 min WTH 8,047
What a Crock - St Damian School! (Nov '09) 1 hr fall guy 66
mike davies conflict of interest big time (Aug '11) 1 hr BEBE 33
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Registered Earth Angel 47,014
Gala to mark Chicago Ridge centennial 2 hr Puh leease 17
stabbing on 147th? 3 hr Resident 4
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 4 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
•••
•••
•••
Palos Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palos Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palos Heights People Search