New Sign By Village Hall In Worth

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Truth Be Told

Medinah, IL

#1 Oct 29, 2012
Love the new sign. Very professional and an asset to our vllage. Keep up the great job Randy and board. NOW you all deserve 4 more years!
The Truth Be Told

Buffalo Grove, IL

#3 Oct 30, 2012
The funds for the sign came out of the buget set aside for village up-keep. It could not be used in ther needs. Randy had nothing to do with the leaf vac. HE has to stay. HIS record proves he more for the village in 4 years than other had done in the past. And all the board did just as well too.
Not Randy

Lisle, IL

#4 Oct 30, 2012
The Truth Be Told wrote:
The funds for the sign came out of the buget set aside for village up-keep. It could not be used in ther needs. Randy had nothing to do with the leaf vac. HE has to stay. HIS record proves he more for the village in 4 years than other had done in the past. And all the board did just as well too.
Hey Randy...I mean "The Truth Be Told" I was wondering if you could tell me where the village pulled all this money from for new signs and whatnot? I mean you say it was budgeted, but that means that they had to set that money aside for this when the village board passed the budget. They were threatening to close down the village and hand our police protection over to county what? Two years ago. Voters have problems with memory, but I don't think too many of them will forget that. You should probably pack your bags now...

Oh and take your sign with you; especially the top part with those dumb yellow roses you love. The sign you guys got can't compete with the bright ones all the Arab businesses have on Little Baghdad Highway...I mean Harlem Av.
The Truth Be Told

Westmont, IL

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Sorry "Not Randy" I am not Mayor Keller. I am just a local that appreciates all the board and our president of Worth did the last few years. I love the Yellow and Black. It gives the village a nice look and unity. And the sign had to come from some kind of fund put aside for village up keep. Here is a serious question for you, " Can you name ANY ..even one good change Randy and the Board did the last few years?" And if you can't, then you vote with you heart instead with your mind.
Bob

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2012
The Truth Be Told wrote:
Sorry "Not Randy" I am not Mayor Keller. I am just a local that appreciates all the board and our president of Worth did the last few years. I love the Yellow and Black. It gives the village a nice look and unity. And the sign had to come from some kind of fund put aside for village up keep. Here is a serious question for you, " Can you name ANY ..even one good change Randy and the Board did the last few years?" And if you can't, then you vote with you heart instead with your mind.
I can't think of one good thing Randy has done. Maybe you can help me on this point because I can only think of negatives.
The Truth Be Told

Medinah, IL

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Sure. For the first time in over 4 years there is a surplus of funds. All down 111th street you see businesses work on appearance and making the village look much better. Crime is down in the village. The golf course has had great 2 years even with the economyb being so bad. Worth Days is not profitable. NO smoking is allowed in Hookah Bars. Just to name a few. IF you like the trustees, you have to like Mayor Keller since 90% of them are his people.

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#8 Oct 31, 2012
I have been a village resident for over 25 years and see slow but sure improvements. The current board has held the line on spending except for that which is good for the village. I didn't love the merger with Palos North Fire district but it has added some much needed depth to their department. Also They seem to be as trasparent as ever. I try to remain positive and don't see our village going in any negative direction. It isn't perfect but even without the vac we can just mulch the leaves which really does help the lawn. Every time I tried to put the leaves out for the vac in the past there was a rain shower which matted them together and made them impossible to vac anyways. I would say that you get a good mulching blade and just chop them up real fine. Less work and a better green alternative.

http://www.scotts.com/smg/learn/infoHowToArti...
thanks

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 31, 2012
for the link tim... my dad says the same, much them, so thats what i have been doing this fall..and my pop's lawn is soo thick weeds cant take hold..

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#10 Oct 31, 2012
thanks wrote:
for the link tim... my dad says the same, much them, so thats what i have been doing this fall..and my pop's lawn is soo thick weeds cant take hold..
Yes then heavy feed with whatever brand you like. After that enjoy the deep rich lawn that will have the neighbors scratching their heads. Have a scary Halloween!
clover25

Montgomery, IL

#11 Nov 2, 2012
I heard the sign was $24,000.. I think that was a stupid purchase when there are so many other things that money could've went towards for the town. Way to go Randy...
clover25

Montgomery, IL

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Bob wrote:
How much did that cost our cash strapped village? I think the money could have been better spent else where. Everytime I rake leaves, I think Randys got to go just like the leaf vac!
I couldn't agree with you more! I heard the sign cost $24,000 or so... Talk about a dumb expense.. Thats Randy for u.
Bob

Palos Hills, IL

#13 Nov 3, 2012
The Truth Be Told wrote:
Sure. For the first time in over 4 years there is a surplus of funds. All down 111th street you see businesses work on appearance and making the village look much better. Crime is down in the village. The golf course has had great 2 years even with the economyb being so bad. Worth Days is not profitable. NO smoking is allowed in Hookah Bars. Just to name a few. IF you like the trustees, you have to like Mayor Keller since 90% of them are his people.
Yea those for rent and for lease signs all up and down .111th sure make things look better. There is over 30 of them between Ridgeland and
Harlem!
Worth Res

Hickory Hills, IL

#14 Nov 12, 2012
I believe a couple of years ago the Honorable Mayor cut village services so he could get his 1% sales tax passed. Well, he got the 1% tax. Where is the leaf vac? No honor in that mayor. Time for someone who will serve the community instead of marking his territory with yellow. It stinks around here.
Worth Res

Hickory Hills, IL

#15 Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone know what happened to BP on Harlem? They haven't been selling gas for months now. No tax revenue for the village there. Did their TIF expire? Another ugly empty lot.
Randy Once Again

Villa Park, IL

#16 Nov 13, 2012
It is so wrong for anybody to slam Randy and the board. They turned this town around. I has not been this good for years. Don't blame buisinesses that are closing down on Randy or the Village. This is happenin all over the world!!!! Be thankful for the businesses they are staying in Worth and new ones opening. The sign was a great addition. Admitt it,IF Randy was not the mayor and your favorite person was,you would then LOVE the sign. Randy and the board desere four more years. They are good people. They are honest people. They are church going people. And good family people. ALL what our village need to lead us.

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Randy Once Again wrote:
It is so wrong for anybody to slam Randy and the board. They turned this town around. I has not been this good for years. Don't blame buisinesses that are closing down on Randy or the Village. This is happenin all over the world!!!! Be thankful for the businesses they are staying in Worth and new ones opening. The sign was a great addition. Admitt it,IF Randy was not the mayor and your favorite person was,you would then LOVE the sign. Randy and the board desere four more years. They are good people. They are honest people. They are church going people. And good family people. ALL what our village need to lead us.
I have lived here for 25 years and have never seen a board that is as aproachable and responsive as this one. I am VERY happy with the progress that I have seen in this time of economic difficulty. The sign is perfect and appropriate for our little town. The cost is reasonable and I am a supporter of these people who give over and above the call of duty. They Worth Days certainly is not what it used to be. But even there I see sweat and determination on our village officials.
Cheazbuger chips

Alsip, IL

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Nikobees banguet changed their name.
They said it was a new business. They knew from the Business license and Liquor Licensees, it was the same owner. They all came out for a Ribbon Ceremony.

So why? Non gambling? No smoking? what ever..? OK.
Why are the both liars ? Why the deceit and coverup?

CR is done with them. I wish Worth gets the taxes from them 2 registers ( the big one on Bar is for them).

Only family on payroll ( 3) that run the the new business? when zero of them actually work there?
Ohm i forgot, 1 on ssi and 1 on employment and 1 doesn't know how to work or Read. 1 on payroll.
Do they have a payroll? 1970 Grease!
worth resident

Palos Heights, IL

#19 Nov 29, 2012
I was driving down 111th Street and saw new christmas decorations and a new sign. Where is this money coming from?

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#20 Nov 29, 2012
worth resident wrote:
I was driving down 111th Street and saw new christmas decorations and a new sign. Where is this money coming from?
Ok this is the second Grinch I found on worth forums in two days.
Worth resident

Bellwood, IL

#21 Jan 25, 2013
Worth needs a new mayor! Our town doesn't like cheaters!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
midlo tax hike 58 min Hood Winked 175
How can we repeal Home Rule 2 hr wow 7
Where is the forensic city audit Mayor Vargas ... (Jan '14) 3 hr The Truth will Co... 24
chuck tokar MAYOR 3 hr ST Mike 47
Trustee Gary 4 hr overtaxed 12
village idiot 4 hr Red Alert 9
cwood vote no on home rule 5 hr Im tired 4
Palos Heights Dating
Find my Match

Palos Heights Jobs

Palos Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palos Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palos Heights

Personal Finance