Substitute teacher charged for solici...

Substitute teacher charged for soliciting sex from students

Posted in the Palos Heights Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Midlothian Resident

Alsip, IL

#1 Jan 7, 2011
A Bremen High School substitute teacher was due in bond court today after allegedly fondling a student and trying to recruit others for sex.

Ross Larson, 25, of 816 Western Ave., New Lenox, was charged Thursday with aggravated criminal sexual abuse and indecent solicitation of an adult, a Cook County state’s attorney spokesman said.

The spokesman the two victims involved are 16-year old female students.

Larson was arrested and charged Thursday.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jan 7, 2011
Good lord. What is wrong that makes people interested in children like that?

Midlothian, IL

#3 Jan 7, 2011
I can't find any stories about this. Where did you find it? I did find a PDF showing him listed as a boys baseball coach for this current school year but nothing else.

“Did I Just Say That Out Loud?”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 7, 2011
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
I can't find any stories about this. Where did you find it? I did find a PDF showing him listed as a boys baseball coach for this current school year but nothing else.
Sorry, I'm not sure how to post it correctly, but I found a story and copied this:

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/320172...

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#5 Jan 7, 2011
This is not good. I have a daughter that goes to Bremen and I will ask her if she knows this scum.

Midlothian, IL

#6 Jan 7, 2011
Thanks aka lurker. The article wasn't indexed yet so I couldn't find it through google. Much obliged.

I don't have a daughter, but my next door neighbor is a junior there. I don't like the sounds of this, and I wonder how long it took to catch him. I hope it's only the three and no more.
Winterpeaches

Alsip, IL

#7 Jan 7, 2011
My daughter knew about this - and no it'd nit good

Location hidden

#8 Jan 7, 2011
Man, I wonder what it is with these so called Teachers going after young kids like they have been. I remember when I went there, we had a Teacher go after a Student but at least he waited until after we Graduated. At least I think he did anyway.

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#9 Jan 7, 2011
At Oak Forest we had a teacher get married to a student a few months after graduating. He also was a sports coach, and still teaches today.
livehereforever

AOL

#10 Jan 7, 2011
Wonder if this guy that got arrested is related to the asst athletic director. Same last name.
Will we see it on the news like the Plainfield teacher NOPE casue we are Midlo and nothing bad happens here

Location hidden

#11 Jan 7, 2011
I heard he is the asst. athletic director's nephew. Maybe this is not "newsworthy" because there are no allegations of intercourse as in Plainfield. Still totally inappropriate, creepy and illegal.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 7, 2011
sad case wrote:
At Oak Forest we had a teacher get married to a student a few months after graduating. He also was a sports coach, and still teaches today.
Sad, I think I know who you are talking about. The student graduated around the same time I did. But where is he teaching now? I don't see him on the OFHS staff listing.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 7, 2011
Must not be the same one I had from Bremen. Of course, I have a couple of years on you both.
Unknown

Alsip, IL

#14 Jan 7, 2011
He is the nephew of Ms. Larson. He was talking to the 17 year old and the 18 year old for a couple months, since October. He started talking to the 16 year old at the beginning of November, she told one of her teachers that this was going on.
The two other girl's relationship with Larson were discovered as a result of the 16 year old bringing it up.
midlodude

Midlothian, IL

#15 Jan 7, 2011
sad case wrote:
It sounds like your talking about Mr Ponto

Since: Apr 10

Midlothian, IL

#16 Jan 7, 2011
aka lurker wrote:
I heard he is the asst. athletic director's nephew. Maybe this is not "newsworthy" because there are no allegations of intercourse as in Plainfield. Still totally inappropriate, creepy and illegal.
Well I am really surprised cause the staff at Bremen usually just has sex with each other, like 2 yrs ago when the AD got the cheerleading coach pregnant

Location hidden

#17 Jan 7, 2011
doubleg1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I am really surprised cause the staff at Bremen usually just has sex with each other, like 2 yrs ago when the AD got the cheerleading coach pregnant
Now that's hysterical doubleg1!:)
unknown2

Midlothian, IL

#18 Jan 7, 2011
you have no idea what the girls are going through at school and whoever that unknown person is above there if your not one of the girls you shouldnt be posting their information out there like that
jaybed

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 7, 2011
It is a shame when an old buddy of mine called me to tell me about this. I grew up with this guy. Known him ever since kindergarten. Very disappointed

“Trust me?”

Since: Jan 10

Oak Forest/Midlothian

#20 Jan 8, 2011
aka lurker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, I think I know who you are talking about. The student graduated around the same time I did. But where is he teaching now? I don't see him on the OFHS staff listing.
Maybe he retired, that was a long time ago, almost 30 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edward Moody (Jul '12) 4 min Mark Knows 106
Questions to my fellow Blue Islanders..... 13 min Nutbag 22
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 51 min Ext 8,253
Enrico's coming to Mokena 3 hr HomewoodStache 5
Mokena Park / Personal Agenda 3 hr HomewoodStache 10
Mokena Trustee Mazzorana 8 hr Greg 6
Bob Rita 28th District Hosts Chicago's 1st homi... (Jan '14) 9 hr Change is needed 56
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Heights Mortgages