Orland Hills Police Officers Working ...

Orland Hills Police Officers Working 16 Hr. Shifts 6 Days a Week

There are 18 comments on the Patch.com story from Nov 15, 2012, titled Orland Hills Police Officers Working 16 Hr. Shifts 6 Days a Week. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Shortly after Orland Hills laid off three full-time officers and 20 part timers earlier in the year , four remaining officers are working as long as 16 hours per day, six days a week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

knucklehead

Orland Park, IL

#1 Nov 25, 2012
Here is a simple solution. We don't need a chief and an assistant chief. Get rid of scully and make the assistant chief Blaha, the chief. Let him retire with his pension and benefits, but hire him back Part-time as chief, no benefits, no huge salary. Now you can hire the 4 full-time officers back. Sgts are the watch commanders of the shifts, right? so the chief doesn't need to be there unless there is a major incident at which time the Sgt. could call the chief in? Essentially you are taking two full-time management positions and turning it into one part-time management position. More qualified cops on the street and you save on the two office jobs. Scully is blatently trying to bust the union by placing community service officers on the street so that it APPEARS that there are more Police on the street. These guys are not qualified and a lawsuit waiting to happen.That thin blue line, may be thin scully, but it is razor sharp.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Taser

United States

#2 Nov 30, 2012
knucklehead wrote:
Here is a simple solution. We don't need a chief and an assistant chief. Get rid of scully and make the assistant chief Blaha, the chief. Let him retire with his pension and benefits, but hire him back Part-time as chief, no benefits, no huge salary. Now you can hire the 4 full-time officers back. Sgts are the watch commanders of the shifts, right? so the chief doesn't need to be there unless there is a major incident at which time the Sgt. could call the chief in? Essentially you are taking two full-time management positions and turning it into one part-time management position. More qualified cops on the street and you save on the two office jobs. Scully is blatently trying to bust the union by placing community service officers on the street so that it APPEARS that there are more Police on the street. These guys are not qualified and a lawsuit waiting to happen.That thin blue line, may be thin scully, but it is razor sharp.
Hey I am out there working too. Thank God for having a KFC close so I am able to keep my strenght up and regulate my sugar levels. And shut up you guys get over time for working extra hours I just get yelled at at home for being a jackass and creating this mess and the mayor and village manager yell at me too. That is why I eat so much KFC it is my comfort zone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Funeral

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 2, 2012
knucklehead wrote:
Let's have the obituarie read for MAP 603. That would end all this mess. This will happen and soon.The thin blue line may be thin but we are not to smart and are a real bunch of men with the smallest blue vein in the world.
Taser Turd

Glenwood, IL

#4 Dec 2, 2012
Funeral wrote:
<quoted text>Let's have the obituarie read for MAP 603. That would end all this mess. This will happen and soon.The thin blue line may be thin but we are not to smart and are a real bunch of men with the smallest blue vein in the world.
Hey is that comment smallest blue vein directed at me? If I find out who you are I am going to light you up with 1 of my 66 Tasers. White lightning is what I call it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Taser Turd

Glenwood, IL

#5 Dec 2, 2012
Funeral wrote:
<quoted text>Let's have the obituarie read for MAP 603. That would end all this mess. This will happen and soon.The thin blue line may be thin but we are not to smart and are a real bunch of men with the smallest blue vein in the world.
he I am a little slow what a4re you saying? Are you calling me dumb? Know I caused this mess. Through out my whole life everything I do is create a big mess. I don't need to be reminded.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Overtaxed Payer

Midlothian, IL

#6 Dec 2, 2012
Just like the Hostess workers, the Orland Hills cops wanted everything and now they have lost it all. Hope it was worth the fight. There are many others who want to police jobs and will work with the Village to keep the resident tax rate affordable. The whining cops, firemen and teachers need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agreed

Claypool, IN

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Overtaxed Payer wrote:
Just like the Hostess workers, the Orland Hills cops wanted everything and now they have lost it all. Hope it was worth the fight. There are many others who want to police jobs and will work with the Village to keep the resident tax rate affordable. The whining cops, firemen and teachers need to wake up and smell the coffee.
I could not agree with you more. We need to cut. Let's start at the top and get rid of the inept chief who lost control of the department because of poor leadership skills. Paying Orland Hills Police Chief over 100,000 plus very lucrative benefits is ludicrous. Orland Hills is a very small town that runs less than 6,000 calls a year. Look at the mess the department is in right now because of the current chief. We could hire a very well educated competent retired chief for half that amount and half the benefits. Great post let's get this ball rolling. There would be a line out the door of great retired chiefs who would come in and straighten the place out at half the cost.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Not all the facts

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 3, 2012
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>I could not agree with you more. We need to cut. Let's start at the top and get rid of the inept chief who lost control of the department because of poor leadership skills. Paying Orland Hills Police Chief over 100,000 plus very lucrative benefits is ludicrous. Orland Hills is a very small town that runs less than 6,000 calls a year. Look at the mess the department is in right now because of the current chief. We could hire a very well educated competent retired chief for half that amount and half the benefits. Great post let's get this ball rolling. There would be a line out the door of great retired chiefs who would come in and straighten the place out at half the cost.
From what was told at the towmn meeting was the need to reduce costs. The Mayor and board told that to the residents.Let's start at the officer level that is where the inept skills are at. Map six oh three and those DUMMIES have caused all this. Paying these offiers any more money is ludicrous at best with there very lucartive benefits and lack of skills.Fire all those officers and bring in part time officers that are competent and this department would attract officers that are needed here on our department.Our chief has proven that he will deliver what the powers above him have asked for.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wrong

United States

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Not all the facts wrote:
<quoted text>From what was told at the towmn meeting was the need to reduce costs. The Mayor and board told that to the residents.Let's start at the officer level that is where the inept skills are at. Map six oh three and those DUMMIES have caused all this. Paying these offiers any more money is ludicrous at best with there very lucartive benefits and lack of skills.Fire all those officers and bring in part time officers that are competent and this department would attract officers that are needed here on our department.Our chief has proven that he will deliver what the powers above him have asked for.
I agree with the need to reduce costs. Start at the top. It is very apparent the inept Chief has lost control and has no idea how to get it back or to professionally manage a police department. If he was in fact a good leader he would have mentored the officers and brought them up to par. He unsucessfully tried to fire two officers but screw up the process so bad the attornies had to back off. The union filed charges and won. A good chief would have know how to properly navigate the system but in the case of this chiefonce again he failed miserably. Remember he was fired from Crestwood as chief for being inept and left that department in schambles. The only thing this chief has proven is he is very inept as a chief that is apparent by his track record. Remember there were no problems prior to his arrival and look at the mess now. If he was an effective leader he would have turned the department around. His dismal record speaks for itself. He can not deny these FACTS.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wrong again

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 4, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the need to reduce costs. Start at the top. It is very apparent the inept Chief has lost control and has no idea how to get it back or to professionally manage a police department. If he was in fact a good leader he would have mentored the officers and brought them up to par. He unsucessfully tried to fire two officers but screw up the process so bad the attornies had to back off. The union filed charges and won. A good chief would have know how to properly navigate the system but in the case of this chiefonce again he failed miserably. Remember he was fired from Crestwood as chief for being inept and left that department in schambles. The only thing this chief has proven is he is very inept as a chief that is apparent by his track record. Remember there were no problems prior to his arrival and look at the mess now. If he was an effective leader he would have turned the department around. His dismal record speaks for itself. He can not deny these FACTS.
You have failed to mention the mess the officers have made. Don't blame the chief on that. They want it all and they will not get it. You want to bash to chief for just following orders. Look at the officers for this mess and MAPP SIX OH THREE.They are the root cause of all this trouble!
Bad Bad Chief

United States

#11 Dec 4, 2012
Wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>You have failed to mention the mess the officers have made. Don't blame the chief on that. They want it all and they will not get it. You want to bash to chief for just following orders. Look at the officers for this mess and MAPP SIX OH THREE.They are the root cause of all this trouble!
You failed to mention he has failed miserably at Crestwood. He followed orders there and they are non union. I use to work for him until I was forunate enough to get hired full time. You don't realize just how poor of a leader he is until you move on to a real police department with real professional leaders. Taser is neither. You can blame the ofiicers ok we will go with that thought for now even though it is not true. A good leader would have come in weeded out the bad/problem officers properly built a case against them and had them removed from the department. So since that was not done what you have left is officers who are doing their jobs correctly and an inept chief who lacks leadership skills and blames eeryone but himself. Taser is no chief. Never has been never wil be. So far he is 2-0 in completely destroying police departments. He could not even go back to Crestwood for his like 9th time they have learned and want nothing to do with this ahole. He is a complete loser and major failure in life. Look at how he squandered his huge settlement lost all of his businesses and destroyed 2 police departments single handidly. He can blame no one but himself but he will even though we all know its him. He is a big time LOSER IN LIFE. Soon Orland Hills will wake up and wait until the tax payers see how much Taser has cost them. He doesn't care because he doesn't live in town.
Not all the facts

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 4, 2012
Bad Bad Chief wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to mention he has failed miserably at Crestwood. He followed orders there and they are non union. I use to work for him until I was forunate enough to get hired full time. You don't realize just how poor of a leader he is until you move on to a real police department with real professional leaders. Taser is neither. You can blame the ofiicers ok we will go with that thought for now even though it is not true. A good leader would have come in weeded out the bad/problem officers properly built a case against them and had them removed from the department. So since that was not done what you have left is officers who are doing their jobs correctly and an inept chief who lacks leadership skills and blames eeryone but himself. Taser is no chief. Never has been never wil be. So far he is 2-0 in completely destroying police departments. He could not even go back to Crestwood for his like 9th time they have learned and want nothing to do with this ahole. He is a complete loser and major failure in life. Look at how he squandered his huge settlement lost all of his businesses and destroyed 2 police departments single handidly. He can blame no one but himself but he will even though we all know its him. He is a big time LOSER IN LIFE. Soon Orland Hills will wake up and wait until the tax payers see how much Taser has cost them. He doesn't care because he doesn't live in town.
What does numerous years ago have to do with today? You are bitter he busted your nuts before and was on to your lost ways in life.The chief is taking our town where it needs to be. The Mayor, village manager and trustees back what our chief is doing.The residents back what our chief is doing. Give up on bashing our chief. All these years and still here. You have lost out in life worring about our chiefs past. Get to the present!
Where Is Your Rebuttal

Blue Island, IL

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Not all the facts wrote:
<quoted text>What does numerous years ago have to do with today? You are bitter he busted your nuts before and was on to your lost ways in life.The chief is taking our town where it needs to be. The Mayor, village manager and trustees back what our chief is doing.The residents back what our chief is doing. Give up on bashing our chief. All these years and still here. You have lost out in life worring about our chiefs past. Get to the present!
Funny how you did not refute any of the points the other person posted. Why? Because you can not that is why. You know everything he said about you is true. Remember Hitler was in charge for several years too. Look how that worked out. An educated person would never use years as a way of trying to back the Taser up. He is a terrible chief. Ask any educated profewssional chief in the area. Remember he is chief of Orland Hills A 1 square mile town. If he was so good he would not have been there for years he would have been lured away by a much larger more professional department. But that will never happen because no other town wants him. He is stuck in a small town that runs less than 5,000 calls a year and he still can not even handle that. Remember he tried firing two officers and was handed his ass. Cant deny that. If he was so good he would have been able to properly present a case. But that is how he is. The officers were doing there job and would not do it the wrong way which of course is Tasers way. He still thinks all of his officers are part time with no protection and he can do what ever he wants. Well he found out the hard way and it cost the village plenty in legal fees. So he is stuck in Orland Hills and Orland Hills is stuck with him because he has a snowballs chance in hell of being offered any other chief job. And please do not say he already was because if he had he would have been long gone. Everyone who knows Taser knows he loves to act like a cowboy and in a town that runs lees than 5,000 calls per year he has no action at all.
Not all the facts

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 5, 2012
Where Is Your Rebuttal wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you did not refute any of the points the other person posted. Why? Because you can not that is why. You know everything he said about you is true. Remember Hitler was in charge for several years too. Look how that worked out. An educated person would never use years as a way of trying to back the Taser up. He is a terrible chief. Ask any educated profewssional chief in the area. Remember he is chief of Orland Hills A 1 square mile town. If he was so good he would not have been there for years he would have been lured away by a much larger more professional department. But that will never happen because no other town wants him. He is stuck in a small town that runs less than 5,000 calls a year and he still can not even handle that. Remember he tried firing two officers and was handed his ass. Cant deny that. If he was so good he would have been able to properly present a case. But that is how he is. The officers were doing there job and would not do it the wrong way which of course is Tasers way. He still thinks all of his officers are part time with no protection and he can do what ever he wants. Well he found out the hard way and it cost the village plenty in legal fees. So he is stuck in Orland Hills and Orland Hills is stuck with him because he has a snowballs chance in hell of being offered any other chief job. And please do not say he already was because if he had he would have been long gone. Everyone who knows Taser knows he loves to act like a cowboy and in a town that runs lees than 5,000 calls per year he has no action at all.
You just talk about the few minor bads things about our chief. Every person does have faults? Do you have any? You failed to mention he has had the crime rate lowered. You failed to mention the elected officials respect the fine job he is doing.You just harp on the fact you can't do what you want on the department and you working all these hours.Say what you want he will be here long after you cry babbies are gone.You came to the game that you can never win.
Taser Turd

Joliet, IL

#15 Dec 5, 2012
why do you write "the chief", it is you fat boy chief who is writing this crap about yourself. You write in the 3rd person which is one of signs of a true psycho. You were fired from Crestwood which is the first oh my God moment, how in the hell can you get fired from there? you were fired as the president of the chief's assocation, again WTF. It is because you are a loud mouth irishmen that has no education (fact), no people skills (fact), just look at how you look, if you can't present yourself in a manner fitting a department head, you can't even manage yourself let alone a small department like the this (fact). you have a gay son (sad fact), you like to talk about sexual stuff mostly with a gay theme (fact). you are losing the contract battle, because if you were winning it would have been settled. It is appearent that the officers have a argument because it is still not settled. You will be replaced and the department will take a while to recoup, but will be much better off. You will be unable to get any job highe than a security guard at target (fact). Please argue any of these points, you can't and that is a FACT. Good bye turd it will be 2013 that you will be gone.(fact)
Wrong again

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Taser Turd wrote:
why do you write "the chief", it is you fat boy chief who is writing this crap about yourself. You write in the 3rd person which is one of signs of a true psycho. You were fired from Crestwood which is the first oh my God moment, how in the hell can you get fired from there? you were fired as the president of the chief's assocation, again WTF. It is because you are a loud mouth irishmen that has no education (fact), no people skills (fact), just look at how you look, if you can't present yourself in a manner fitting a department head, you can't even manage yourself let alone a small department like the this (fact). you have a gay son (sad fact), you like to talk about sexual stuff mostly with a gay theme (fact). you are losing the contract battle, because if you were winning it would have been settled. It is appearent that the officers have a argument because it is still not settled. You will be replaced and the department will take a while to recoup, but will be much better off. You will be unable to get any job highe than a security guard at target (fact). Please argue any of these points, you can't and that is a FACT. Good bye turd it will be 2013 that you will be gone.(fact)
You are a nobody in life or in the big picture. You can rant all you want it will change anything. Do your job shut up and be the fool and second class citizen that you are. you are a disgrace to America and all man kind!
Taser Tom

Orland Park, IL

#17 Dec 6, 2012
Wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>You are a nobody in life or in the big picture. You can rant all you want it will change anything. Do your job shut up and be the fool and second class citizen that you are. you are a disgrace to America and all man kind!
I did not write that. Shut up. I had nothing to do with that at all.
Turd 182

Merrillville, IN

#18 Dec 10, 2012
Wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>You are a nobody in life or in the big picture. You can rant all you want it will change anything. Do your job shut up and be the fool and second class citizen that you are. you are a disgrace to America and all man kind!
It will change anything, ah oh, I think someone is thinking and writing different things. Turd I make more than you dumbass and I am not on your department. You are a turd tool. Actually you are not even good enough to be a turd. Wow did you write this all yourself or did you have your gay son write it for you. you are a disgrace to America and all man kind. Were you just watching the moon landing or is that what your gay son calls out when he is hammered in the rear and you used those words because you are ashamed of having a gay son? Well you reap what you sow and what do you expect to create when you and your wife produce. You would have been a better American and person for man kind if you would have been sterilized. TURD TURD TURD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Beautiful Mexican mural @ olde... (May '09) 6 min People of free will 404
Stevo at the City Council meeting 8 min People of free will 60
Midlo.police (Mar '12) 37 min You mad bro 71
Did you attend tonight's Flooding meeting at Pa... 1 hr Broken Promises 8
Open Letter to All Veteran's 1 hr Thanks Again 43
First National Bank Buildings to be Auctioned 6 hr flip flop 33
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 9 hr Failed Again 137

Palos Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Heights Mortgages