Fire Destroys Home at Lake Monticello

Fire Destroys Home at Lake Monticello

There are 11 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Fire Destroys Home at Lake Monticello. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A fire gutted a house at Lake Monticello this morning. Fortunately the family of four who were inside the home on Rowell road when the fire started made it out safely.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

pull together

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 7, 2009
Heard about the fire early this morning. Just read about it. Glad everyone got out. This is my biggest fear, a house fire. Does anyone know if this family needs help? Clothing? Toys? Hopefully they were insured? What about our community pulling together! A,lot of us have so much to be thankful for. For the friends they are staying with. Thank you. Would like to do something, order pizza, bake a cake....anything to let you know there are people who care.
jmo

Richmond, VA

#2 Oct 7, 2009
CBS19 news states that 2 adults, 2 children & 2 dogs escaped injury. No further word as to the needs of the family at this time. Said arson isn not suspected.
pull together

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 7, 2009
jmo wrote:
CBS19 news states that 2 adults, 2 children & 2 dogs escaped injury. No further word as to the needs of the family at this time. Said arson isn not suspected.
Hi,
Thanks for the info. NBC29 didn't even say that on the noon news. In case you don't know Lake Monticello is in a gated community. I was thinking of calling the homeowners association to see if they would give any info. Guess I could call the rescue squad that was there. I don't want to intrude, they must have so much on their mind I'd just like to do something, it hits very close to home, within a mile of my house. If it were me it would mean the world to know that someone cares.
Melissa

Palmyra, VA

#4 Oct 7, 2009
That's just plain awful. I'll certainly be thinking and praying for them.
jmo

Richmond, VA

#5 Oct 7, 2009
Called Lake Monticello Fire Dept. - family is staying across street w/family, no further information is known yet. Said to check back in a day or two.
Melissa Haislip

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 7, 2009
This family has been on my mind all day today. I drove by the home this morning at 5:15 on my way to work and saw this fire. I too live less than a mile from this home. Our community (Lake Monticello) will pull together and help this family recover from this horrible event. Thank God they made it out alive and safe. Thank you to the Lake Monticello Volunteer Fire Department for all of the hard work that they put forth this morning.
pull together

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Oct 7, 2009
jmo wrote:
Called Lake Monticello Fire Dept.- family is staying across street w/family, no further information is known yet. Said to check back in a day or two.
GREAT. THANK YOU. I got some info too, the 2 kids are very young 2yr and 7 month old. Homeowners was in place, thank goodness. Red Cross has been notified.
cbunny

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 7, 2009
Thoughts and prayers with the family. I have a co-worker who lives over that way. I'll have to ask him if they need anything.
miranda

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Oct 7, 2009
I live 4 houses down and asked if they need clothes and they said they were giving clothes lots of them by 10 am. Not sure about toys.
pull together wrote:
Heard about the fire early this morning. Just read about it. Glad everyone got out. This is my biggest fear, a house fire. Does anyone know if this family needs help? Clothing? Toys? Hopefully they were insured? What about our community pulling together! A,lot of us have so much to be thankful for. For the friends they are staying with. Thank you. Would like to do something, order pizza, bake a cake....anything to let you know there are people who care.
BGG

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 7, 2009
I rec'd an email this morning in reference to the family ...family needs clothes (girls 9-12 month and girls 3T), they need diapers size 5 & 6, wipes, sippy cups, anything a child would need. A point of contact ...is Pam ...at Maple Grove Christian Church.
tool man

Moneta, VA

#12 Oct 7, 2009
not only did lake fire show up, palmyra, fork union , kents store and east rivanna from the glenmore fire house worked this call. thanks to all of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmyra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
subway worker (Jan '15) Feb '17 Subway lady is a ... 3
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Apr '16 Kimmy Head 76
dog maced at the lake by police officer (Apr '16) Apr '16 caeie 1
Vote For Trump (Feb '16) Apr '16 Don Barros Serrano 4
Need leaves for compost. (Mar '16) Mar '16 danpri 1
harassment and vandalism at lake monticello (Oct '11) Jan '16 jimmy page 2
david wallace (Nov '15) Nov '15 wondering 1

Palmyra Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palmyra Mortgages