Palmerton School Board

Posted in the Palmerton Forum

just wondering

Lehighton, PA

#1 Feb 11, 2009
Well it seems the school board is at it again, this time they want to get involved in the golf program. Why would you not bring a coach back that just had a 15-1 season and is well respected in the area.Did he do something wrong, did he pissoff a board member what was it?
I hope the rumor isn't true that Mr. Snyder now also wants to be head golf coach, please tell me that's not the reason.
Figures

Lehighton, PA

#2 Feb 12, 2009
just wondering wrote:
Well it seems the school board is at it again, this time they want to get involved in the golf program. Why would you not bring a coach back that just had a 15-1 season and is well respected in the area.Did he do something wrong, did he pissoff a board member what was it?
I hope the rumor isn't true that Mr. Snyder now also wants to be head golf coach, please tell me that's not the reason.
No surprise there! Especially with this laughing stock of a board. When's the hs/jhs complex going to be addressed due to space issues???
hmmersd

Sparta, NJ

#3 Feb 15, 2009
just wondering wrote:
kids in palmerton learn fast what politics really is. school board is for anything BUT the kids welfare. different agendas, and the kids suffer as usual. sad little town.
Figures

Lehighton, PA

#4 Feb 18, 2009
hmmersd wrote:
<quoted text>
kids in palmerton learn fast what politics really is. school board is for anything BUT the kids welfare. different agendas, and the kids suffer as usual. sad little town.
you got that right! shame on them!
Jack Johnson

Redwood City, CA

#5 Feb 19, 2009
The previous 4 poster are the real LOSERS. You people all post nothing but negative comments. YOU ARE DO NOTHINGS! I don't agree with the school board on 75% of what they do but they still have more balls than you to take the job. Who really wants to get paid zip to get beat up online by a bunch of anonymous LOSERS like you that probably never even ran a lemonade stand.
Laughing

Sparta, NJ

#6 Feb 20, 2009
Jack Johnson wrote:
The previous 4 poster are the real LOSERS. You people all post nothing but negative comments. YOU ARE DO NOTHINGS! I don't agree with the school board on 75% of what they do but they still have more balls than you to take the job. Who really wants to get paid zip to get beat up online by a bunch of anonymous LOSERS like you that probably never even ran a lemonade stand.
They always have something to say, behind their fake names !! Hmmm, you don't see anyone stepping up to take a position on this school board. I also agree with some of the things this school board decides to do.

Things will change in close to 2 months when you have to register to post on topix...imagine that, a valid name and email address !!
Crack-Head

Jim Thorpe, PA

#7 Feb 22, 2009
Laughing is that your real name ????
wrong reason

Lehighton, PA

#8 Feb 24, 2009
I do feel it takes guts to sit up there on the school board and get hammered by the public. But to many are on the board for personal reasons and private agendas. You should not be on the board for the sole reason of getting your spouse a job.There is just to much of vote for me and I will vote for you going on.
Mike Snyder

Redwood City, CA

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
They always have something to say, behind their fake names !! Hmmm, you don't see anyone stepping up to take a position on this school board. I also agree with some of the things this school board decides to do.
Things will change in close to 2 months when you have to register to post on topix...imagine that, a valid name and email address !!
Hey Laughing, What a dumb name. You may register here: http://www.sexualoffenders.com/statedatabases...
Stay off my basketball court you perv !

Since: Sep 07

Palmerton

#10 Jun 11, 2009
Jack Johnson wrote:
...they still have more balls than you to take the job. Who really wants to get paid zip to get beat up online by a bunch of anonymous LOSERS like you that probably never even ran a lemonade stand.
Number one, my name is Debbie Smith and I'm from Palmerton, so you can't accuse me of hiding behind a fake name. I am not anonymous.

Number two, this argument that anybody who speaks out against the school board is a loser with no balls to run for the board themselves is ridiculous. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have been active in the community and school district for decades. The fact that my job does not permit me the time needed to be on the school board doesn't mean I don't care about what happens in our district. I could not and would not run for school board due to the fact that I couldn't be available for meetings. Why take on a job if you couldn't give 100 percent? However, the system allows us to vote for those who we think will represent us to the best of their ability. Unfortunately, I don't think the current board is representing the voters of Palmerton at all.

Recently, the board saw countless Palmerton citizens...voters...stand up and tell them that they were opposed to a music position being eliminated from the district. These are the tax payers who voted the board in to represent them and they made very clear how and why they wanted the board to vote. And did the board listen to what the citizens of this district wanted? No, they did what they had planned to do all along. Same way with the Athletic Director position. Total disregard for what the citizens of Palmerton expressed at several board meetings. These decisions are costing our community more than money, they are costing us respect and the ability to meet the needs of our students.

So it is up to us as taxpayers and citizens to take a close look at who is running for school district in the election in November and decide who has responded to the desires of the taxpayers and who has not. There are some new choices which deserve consideration. Before you vote, be informed.

Palmerton

#11 Jun 11, 2009
Sorry...errror correction:

So it is up to us as taxpayers and citizens to take a close look at who is running for school board in the election in November and decide who has responded to the desires of the taxpayers and who has not. There are some new choices which deserve consideration. Before you vote, be informed.
Sam Leslie

Redwood City, CA

#12 Jun 11, 2009
Debs S wrote:
<quoted text>
Number one, my name is Debbie Smith and I'm from Palmerton, so you can't accuse me of hiding behind a fake name. I am not anonymous.
Number two, this argument that anybody who speaks out against the school board is a loser with no balls to run for the board themselves is ridiculous. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I have been active in the community and school district for decades. The fact that my job does not permit me the time needed to be on the school board doesn't mean I don't care about what happens in our district. I could not and would not run for school board due to the fact that I couldn't be available for meetings. Why take on a job if you couldn't give 100 percent? However, the system allows us to vote for those who we think will represent us to the best of their ability. Unfortunately, I don't think the current board is representing the voters of Palmerton at all.
Recently, the board saw countless Palmerton citizens...voters...stand up and tell them that they were opposed to a music position being eliminated from the district. These are the tax payers who voted the board in to represent them and they made very clear how and why they wanted the board to vote. And did the board listen to what the citizens of this district wanted? No, they did what they had planned to do all along. Same way with the Athletic Director position. Total disregard for what the citizens of Palmerton expressed at several board meetings. These decisions are costing our community more than money, they are costing us respect and the ability to meet the needs of our students.
So it is up to us as taxpayers and citizens to take a close look at who is running for school district in the election in November and decide who has responded to the desires of the taxpayers and who has not. There are some new choices which deserve consideration. Before you vote, be informed.
School board is not a full time job and it takes very little time and effort so saying you have no time is HOG HOOEY! Basically, get a bunch of people behind you, have a strong platform of ideas and run for the seat. Buy a bunch of signs and walk the neighborhoods explaining your position. Politics is not a friendly game so you may feel much differently when your actually sitting on the board and need to make decisions. Not everything is cut and dry. You may have a totally different perspective when you have to really understand an issue and make a vote that will send your friends into a tizzy.

I personally know myself and my limits. I do not have the right temperament for small town politics. I would tell all those people who complain and do nothing to F&*K off and probably pop a few school board members in the schnauzer. On 2nd thought. Maybe I should run.

You people got what you voted for. Most of the school board members don't have the right background professionally to make those decisions. They may be good people but they do not rise to the level of quality you want in that seat making decisions for your kids and their futures.

There should be prerequisites before running for a seat. It is the towns fault for not being more selective. Palmerton has some very smart people who should be sought out to run for various seats. Everyone should have some sort of degree or some sort of experience that can be translated or connected to the job of school board member.

Palmerton

#13 Jun 11, 2009
Sam Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
School board is not a full time job and it takes very little time and effort so saying you have no time is HOG HOOEY!
I believe I have a better idea of my time limitations than you do. My job schedule does not allow for the meetings which would be required to be on the school board. But as I said, that doesn't mean I can't understand what's going on and express my opinion.
Palmerton alumni

United States

#14 Jun 26, 2010
What car does Mike Snyder drive?
Very Aggrivated

Lehighton, PA

#15 Mar 20, 2013
They are spending over 23,000 on renovations for the weight room as of yesterdays meeting. They want to make the weight room usable for everyone not involved in sports. So tell me, would you feel comfortable going into a building filled with jocks and working out when you aren't a jock? No you wouldn't. Disgusts me as a student because they got rid of the music program and are slowly getting rid of the drama club and art programs.
rumfelds

Vero Beach, FL

#16 Apr 16, 2013
Hey, here's an idea - how about getting rid of the administration and put people in who REALLY care about the kids and the rotting reputation of Palmerton?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmerton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vaccine pros and cons: Palmerton mother... Mar 2 anothervoice 76
Palmerton Elementary School Teacher Fired Feb '15 crayz8 3
News Fourteen arrested in Slatington area drug sweep (Apr '09) Feb '15 Riskie westside R... 15
News Dobias will head St. Patrick's... Feb '15 2hands in theBut 6
Richard Diehl Paving (Nov '13) Feb '15 Diehl-poopy work 5
airgas spec products Feb '15 ghroscoe 4
See here for details on how to become employed ... (Sep '12) Jan '15 hedleyfulton83 2
Palmerton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palmerton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]