No

Maybe

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yes

Dunlap, TN

#1 Sep 17, 2012
We don't need the extra cops or politicians. Unincorporated Dunlap is better. Lower taxes and fewer cops.
really

Dunlap, TN

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Fewer Cops, really.
Matt

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2012
really wrote:
Fewer Cops, really.
This town needs better judges and more jobs that would include cops,firefighters,etc.
Right

Dunlap, TN

#4 Sep 17, 2012
We don't need two municipal governments for less than 20,000 people. A small part of the population rules the rest and fills their own pockets is why the american revolution happened. Just vote to dissolve the city of Dunlap.
NOT

Dunlap, TN

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Then the county won't stick us with that wheel tax they think people missed. Thank your COUNTY commissioner for the wheel tax they think you don't need to vote on. Raises for the county and taxes for the people that have real jobs.
taxman

Dunlap, TN

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Besides parades what does the city do?
LOL

Dunlap, TN

#7 Sep 17, 2012
taxman wrote:
LOL! I can't think of a thing but they sure do spend a lot not doing it.
dunlap native

Pikeville, TN

#8 Sep 17, 2012
taxman wrote:
I can tell you that they don't act like they work for you when you go in city hall. If you need them to do something you can bet it will take at least a couple of weeks to catch the person you need to see because evidently no one there can pass a message. When you go to pay your water bill it is a big deal for one of them to turn around and take your money. Each and every citizen should be greeted when they enter that building. I don't appreciate someone trying to snub me especially when I contribute to their paycheck.
New

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2012
taxman wrote:
They need to invest money elsewhere and not in their pockets either!
Nothing

Dunlap, TN

#10 Sep 17, 2012
taxman wrote:
Just the water company and we don't need the entire city for that. Water and parades is about all. If we get rid of them we won't need a permit for a fence or a damn dog.
well

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2012
Move to the county and you wont pay city taxes. But when you do, you need to drill a well for water so you don't have to deal with the city for a water bill. Go pay $500.00 for a septic permit then pay $3,000.00 for your tank and field line. You can build a fence without a permit, but then when you build a fence on the other man's property your lawyer will cost more than a city permit. When you come to the city and have a wreck, let the sheriff's boys work it!!! Lol. So move to the county!!!!
New

United States

#12 Sep 17, 2012
well wrote:
Move to the county and you wont pay city taxes. But when you do, you need to drill a well for water so you don't have to deal with the city for a water bill. Go pay $500.00 for a septic permit then pay $3,000.00 for your tank and field line. You can build a fence without a permit, but then when you build a fence on the other man's property your lawyer will cost more than a city permit. When you come to the city and have a wreck, let the sheriff's boys work it!!! Lol. So move to the county!!!!
Guess you live in the county or lived in it
well

United States

#13 Sep 17, 2012
You're right New, I did live in the county but I wanted it better so I moved to the city. After my well went dry and I paid almost $10,000.00 to drill a new well and didn't get much water. Then my septic tank and field filled up. I moved to the city so now when I want water, it's there. When I flush, it goes to the sewer plant. YES!!!! Give me the city life anytime!!!!!
New

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2012
well wrote:
You're right New, I did live in the county but I wanted it better so I moved to the city. After my well went dry and I paid almost $10,000.00 to drill a new well and didn't get much water. Then my septic tank and field filled up. I moved to the city so now when I want water, it's there. When I flush, it goes to the sewer plant. YES!!!! Give me the city life anytime!!!!!
I like the city better also. I know a woman who lived out here and they built the houses here and now they live on the mtn.
Gosh

Dunlap, TN

#15 Sep 17, 2012
Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the water company and we don't need the entire city for that. Water and parades is about all. If we get rid of them we won't need a permit for a fence or a damn dog.
Cops, dogs and water my taxes are too high for that mess. Do away with the city and let Wendys sell us our water.
unfair

Dunlap, TN

#16 Sep 17, 2012
well wrote:
I live in the county and have city water. The only thing I don't like is the $25.00 surcharge I have to pay every month. I don't feel it is fair.
well

United States

#17 Sep 17, 2012
Unfair if you don't like the $25.00 fee, then move to the city and pay city taxes. I bet your taxes will be more than the $25.00 you pay. You want your cake and eat it too. So yes, it's fair.
well

United States

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Gosh, just remember, the county is broke and the city has money. Maybe they need to do away with the county and give it to the city.
ReallyReal

North Augusta, SC

#19 Sep 17, 2012
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops, dogs and water my taxes are too high for that mess. Do away with the city and let Wendys sell us our water.
News flash: it costs money to live. Who would've thunk it.
Not Sterile Urine

Dunlap, TN

#20 Sep 18, 2012
dunlap native wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you that they don't act like they work for you when you go in city hall. If you need them to do something you can bet it will take at least a couple of weeks to catch the person you need to see because evidently no one there can pass a message. When you go to pay your water bill it is a big deal for one of them to turn around and take your money. Each and every citizen should be greeted when they enter that building. I don't appreciate someone trying to snub me especially when I contribute to their paycheck.
What a stupid remark, you don't pay my salary the city does. I consider myself self employed. Just pay your water bill and get out of the way. The city isn't there to serve you it's there to make sure you don't hurt yourself. It's like babysitting a bunch of 4 year olds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerks 21 min Randall 4
Cops 23 min Larry 6
MAGA News!!!!! 42 min whattt 5
Willis Floyd 2 hr Hmmm 5
Is Dunlap Sovereign 21 hr Curious 1
Cop Sat Kim 3
Dale Harmon for Sheriff Sat Lol 45

Palmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance