No Tax on Food
Tax Free

Pikeville, TN

#1 May 18, 2012
After Georgia got lottery, they don't have tax on food, why are we still paying taxes on food in Tn?
Well

Dunlap, TN

#2 May 18, 2012
That's A Good Question.Call Your State Rep. And Ask Them
Thrifty

Pikeville, TN

#3 May 18, 2012
The money is used for Hope Scholarships.
Franksen Beans

Pikeville, TN

#4 May 18, 2012
Well I HOPE I get on of em...
hello

Pikeville, TN

#5 May 19, 2012
not right, we should be grocery tax free by now.
EBT

Dunlap, TN

#6 May 20, 2012
With all the people buying food on their ebt card, why would anyone worry about tax???
Exactly

Pikeville, TN

#7 May 21, 2012
Why should I pay tax on food, the lottery has been in play for several years now. We will notify our Reps. to make food exempt from sales tax.
Well

Dunlap, TN

#8 May 22, 2012
Hot D@mn!! It's about time, Lets hope you can get something done about the tax on our food.(But I don't see anything being done about it THOUGH.)
Well

Dunlap, TN

#9 May 22, 2012
Thrifty wrote:
The money is used for Hope Scholarships.
You cant learn if you got a empty belly. My kids go to bed hungry every night and my baby has to sleep in the box this computer come in. Im so sick of the welfare makin me go down there every 6 months and nothin changes.
Well

Dunlap, TN

#10 May 22, 2012
and before you say somthing the baby daddy bought this computer and my inlaws pay for the interest so I can look for work.Dont judge me. I know all my babys daddys names. I worked until my 4th treimester.
In the Paper

Pikeville, TN

#11 May 24, 2012
In Tribune this week decrease in sales tax on food. House Bill 3761/Senate Bill 3763 is a reduction in the States use tax rateon food and food ingredients will be reduced from 5.5% to 5.25%. however the tax on Tobacco, Candy, Dietary Supplements, Prepared Food, and Alcoholic Beverages. This has nothing to do with the Lottery and it will take effect July 1st.
Come on

Dunlap, TN

#12 May 24, 2012
Get real, WHAT STATE are you in. In this state the tax rate is almost 10 cents on a dollar you dumb A$$
Welfare

Pikeville, TN

#13 May 24, 2012
Come on wrote:
Get real, WHAT STATE are you in. In this state the tax rate is almost 10 cents on a dollar you dumb A$$
Who is the dumb A$$??? Go get your EBT card and be happy with all the other losers who have it. If I gotta stand behind one more person at the store using their fu*kin American flag card to pay for stupid crap... It's sickening how many welfare cards are being used, & yes it is an embarrassment to YOUR state!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zumba 39 min wondering 6
Dunlap Tattler 5 hr wondering 1
Whitwell who??? 6 hr TTH 5
snapchat 18 hr orange 1
cody Smith 18 hr really 2
josh caldwell (May '10) 19 hr Just meeeee 42
the 5 year old dillon boy case? 20 hr taco 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palmer Mortgages