Shane Woods Day honors Palmer soldier killed in Iraq explosion

State flags will fly at half-staff today, and in Palmer it will be Shane Woods Day by proclamation of Mayor John Combs. Full Story
Scott Noteboom

Miami, FL

#1 Aug 25, 2006
I had the opportunity of sharing a room with Shane Woods for 16 weeks during basic training. He was hands down the most genuine, good hearted, up beat person I met while enlisted. I have met and known alot of people in my 31 years, and I can sincerely say I never met anyone Like Shane. His intentions were unquestionable, and his soul was as pure as they come. It's easy to grow fond of someone who literally gets on their knees and prays every night, and wakes up the next morning and successfully functions in a very stressfull environment without a shred of negativity.

Shane is the first friend I have lost to the war, and it hit me harder than I ever could have imagined. This moring was the roughest I have had since 1995. I am certain his passing will have a tememdous impact on anyone who ever knew him.

Being from Washington state, I'm not sure if Alaska has an official day for 18 Aug, but If there is anyone worthy it would be Shane Woods.

Scott Noteboom
Bravo23gunner@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Birdsell (May '09) Jan 22 bigriverlakes 15
4 things to know about megathrust earthquakes Jan 22 community discuss... 1
slednecks Jan 15 Old man- Bville 5
Review: Artic Ink Tattoo (Dec '11) Jan 15 AKBadBoy 5
sara palin is RETARDED Jan 14 violentsharkman 2
the music thread (Jan '12) Dec '14 texas pete 155
Review: The Red Barn Thrift Store Dec '14 S Mainwaring 1
Palmer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web