2-legged dog sets off trapping flap

2-legged dog sets off trapping flap

There are 1 comment on the Daily Breeze story from Jul 11, 2008, titled 2-legged dog sets off trapping flap. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Andre the two-legged dog was rescued last winter after a woman noticed a dog trailing blood across a country road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Barbara

Biggs, CA

#1 Jul 18, 2008
I want to correct a statement in this article asserting that Conibear traps kill quickly as I believe it is misleading. While Conibear traps were designed to kill quickly, they often fail to. And they can catch as many as two “non-target” animals -- including dogs and cats and even endangered species -- for every “target” animal.

Leghold traps, Conibear traps and snares maim and kill, posing a public safety hazard. Yet traps remain legal in most states, including Alaska, and they are widely used.

Because traps do not discriminate, bald eagles are victims. The “non-target” victims include family dogs and cats, birds and essentially any animal unlucky enough to trigger the trap or snare. Many die.

For a listing of animals that have been caught in traps, go to http://www.bancrueltraps.com/b_nontarget_char... . If your animal has been caught in a trap, submit a report at http://www.bancrueltraps.com/incident_report.... .

While 75% of Americans believe trapping should be prohibited, the law does not reflect that.

If the law doesn’t change, our pets and wildlife won’t have a leg to stand on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Weslow and Kacey Adams (Apr '16) Nov 5 jawmi 6
Trump to be beaten by a woman Oct '16 Madeleine Albright 10
the music thread (Jan '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 159
News Sarah Palin's Son Track Arrested for Punching a... (Jan '16) Sep '16 Lenbew 25
News Warmer weather and experimentation lead to new ... Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Struggling to get by, Houston declares itself o... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
Power Outage This Morning .....Aliens ? (Mar '16) Mar '16 Palmer Rez 1

Palmer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palmer Mortgages