Body found in Palmdale was 13-year-ol...

Body found in Palmdale was 13-year-old girl

There are 94 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 13, 2008, titled Body found in Palmdale was 13-year-old girl. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Authorities today identified a body that was found in a remote area of Palmdale - and it turns out she was a 13-year-old girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Olskool

Walnut, CA

#1 May 13, 2008
She was probaly the victim of a sexual predator!! That's so sad . I wonder how long she had been missing? My heart goes out to Her family.

Since: May 08

United States

#3 May 13, 2008
Its sad I was driving by 40th & P and saw the rode closed yesterday. when the newspaper said it was a young girl I almost fell out of my seat. Theres a murder walking around the streets of Palmdale-Lancaster and no ones safe

Since: Mar 08

Long Barn, CA

#4 May 13, 2008
wally p wrote:
Its sad I was driving by 40th & P and saw the rode closed yesterday. when the newspaper said it was a young girl I almost fell out of my seat. Theres a murder walking around the streets of Palmdale-Lancaster and no ones safe
america is not safe and bush wants iraq to be a peaceful nation there aint no peace here america is not a peacful nation the hell with democracy we need a new goverment that is powerful that can stop crime

United States

#5 May 13, 2008
so true but what can we do? i wish i could find that old bumper sticker, it said don't blame me i voted democrat. it would not be about making everyone richer by lowering taxes it would be about being responsible for who we are AMERICANS and sorry folks i'm willing to pay as many taxes that you want if i could get my self dignity back. we can't focus on home because our world policies are so messed up that the only thing we can do is blame immigrants for our problems at home its not them its us fighting a bogus war for the oil . thats making our country unsafe .if i was outside my house fighting and causing havoc would i not expect the kids to take over the house bring in their firiends and tear up everything? isn't that what we are doing? while we are out in the middle east everyone is taking over our house
nice

Victorville, CA

#6 May 13, 2008
That's right down the road from my family, I want to know if this girl was reported missing, before they found the body. There's so much we don't know.
mrssantassis

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#7 May 13, 2008
poor kid. they should check to see if she was on MySpace. what is happening to the world? just wants to make you cry for the young people growing up these days.
P.S. Wally P., you need a shrink.

United States

#8 May 13, 2008
mrssantassis wrote:
poor kid. they should check to see if she was on MySpace. what is happening to the world? just wants to make you cry for the young people growing up these days.
P.S. Wally P., you need a shrink.
it would only help when i think about a possible depression, i was turned down for a home loan and my FICA ia 760! never been last on payments and my 57.000 last year. a lot is wrong with this country right now so please bring on the shrink
Sandrita

Palmdale, CA

#9 May 13, 2008
Sad that this happened. Unfortunately this horrible crime is just the sign of the times here in the Antelope Valley. Hopefully, this murder will get as much attention as that of the young lady that was murdered a few years ago at the park and ride on S off the A V Freeway. All murders should be investigated and parents watch out for your children.

United States

#10 May 13, 2008
but it is sad about the girl, was it gang involved or drugs? or was it some sick*** fool who needs to die
Lara

Palmdale, CA

#11 May 13, 2008
This psychopath murderer was probably just paroled from the eyesore Calif. State Prison on 60th St. West.

Knowing that psychopath(s) are residents of the A V and on the loose is frightening.
HER FRIEND

Los Angeles, CA

#12 May 13, 2008
Man This Is So Wrong Man She Was My Friend and I Hope Someone Finds The Person Who Dis This To her Because Things Would Never Be The Same

Since: Mar 08

Long Barn, CA

#13 May 13, 2008
i now u all notice that all the problems we have today its all hispanics and black not been rascist but its true i read the ogden utah paper on the net when i was in the job corps back in 82 83 things where different there whernt too many hispanics there now they have a lot now there is problems with gangs as u can see hispanicis start gangs everywhere they go there will be problems by them
HER FRIEND

Los Angeles, CA

#14 May 13, 2008
i hope someone finds who did this to my friend because things would never change

United States

#15 May 13, 2008
catwomomen4u69 wrote:
i now u all notice that all the problems we have today its all hispanics and black not been rascist but its true i read the ogden utah paper on the net when i was in the job corps back in 82 83 things where different there whernt too many hispanics there now they have a lot now there is problems with gangs as u can see hispanicis start gangs everywhere they go there will be problems by them
don't mean no harm hon but there have always been trouble making gang. the purple gang of the 20s and 30s the james gangs of the 1800s and the most terrifying gang of them all who have cause heartship since for every for lots of people the klan. its just that these new gangs a threatening the majority and problem is the are growing in every city and every town in america. we can't have it both ways understand you get what you pay for you want cheap labor by honest people you have to take their dishonest brothers with them
candy

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 13, 2008
what was piracy like back then?
JABE

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 13, 2008
I bet she was in the Los Angeles County fostercare system. The system is broke and someone should take a long hard look at the system. Our chidren in fostercare are in danger and no one seems to care. There are not enough appropiate placements, and the the placements that are there are undesirable. So the children's response is to runaway from a bad situation.
batman

Los Angeles, CA

#18 May 13, 2008
catwomomen4u69 wrote:
You are rotten to the core!
you are just showing your ignorance
litle white trash.
Sophie

La Mirada, CA

#19 May 13, 2008
Stevona Campbell goes to my school... its so sad; she had alot of friends; everyones going to miss her... I hope whoever did this to her gets caught! Her Life was cut so short... 13 years isn't a long life!=(
Sophie

La Mirada, CA

#20 May 13, 2008
To Answer some questions; Yes she was reported missing, On Mothers day i think it was, today was when the mother identified her body... =*(
Antelope Valley Resident

Reseda, CA

#21 May 14, 2008
I have a 13 year old and this evening I told her that the reasons I do not let her do things her friends parents do is because I never want this to happen to her. There is no hanging out at the park or mall. I know where she is at all times.
This is not the same as looking at pictures of Burma and China, but rather in her own backyard. This is not a story of some far away place rather a corner we pass several times a week. I use this story as a example, but in the back of my mind I am disturbed by where the parents were. At 13 they are still children.

I want to know how this girl was out of adult supervision long enough to be murdered. I feel for the mother, but as a mother I do wonder how this child got in this position. How did this mother not know where her child was long enough for her to be murdered and dumped in such a remote area?

Children did not ask to be brought into this world. They depend on adults to guide them to be productive members of society. Why was she not home on Mother's Day? Why did no one know where a 13 year old child was for such a period of time?

I hope they find the person who did this and I hope they are punished, but unfortunately it will only cost us to house/inprison him for the appropriate life/death sentence. There would not be some unknown child murderer in our area, there would not be a 13 year old child dead, our city would not have the expense, and man hours, to locate/prosecute this vile human being, and of course the added expense of housing him could have been prevented if only this childs parents had fulfilled their obligation to her!

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding her death, this girls parents need to take a look at their own actions and decisions as I would recommend to the Sheriffs Department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palmdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Infant found not breathing, later dies Dec 6 Steve 1
News Religion Briefs (Oct '08) Dec 6 Steve 9
beautiful pit is going to be put down needs hom... (Mar '12) Dec 6 Steve 5
News Watch for high winds on 5, 14, 118, 138 and 210... Dec 3 Now_What- 1
AVC training people to work at Northrop... Dec 1 Tony 1
Stacy Barker and Brendon Borrelli (Jun '11) Dec 1 BidgeBrendanB 5
News L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) Nov 29 SSCV 131

Palmdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palmdale Mortgages