Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

Judged:

Last year I ordered a pair of bifocal glasess from a Dr. Richard Kraus. The attendant John sold me this pair of galsses that have a sunglass attachment even though I thought it strange for bifocals to come with a suglass, he pushed them on me and so I bought them...after they came I tried them on and told the attendant there was blurring and they seemed off, they told me I needed to wear them a couple of weeks...still the same problem later and I called and was made to feel I was the problem so I resorted to wearing an old pair until I could get a new doctor to check my eyes...finally when my insuranced allowed me to see a new doctor I went in and got a new presription and showed the doctor the pair from Dr. Richard Krauss..they were off enough to cause the problems I was having and it wasn't all in my head like they tried to tell me. I took the pair back to them and asked them to replace the lens and again they tried to get me to take what they wanted and I got upset and said I just wanted a plain lens. He tossed the glasses at me and told me he counldn't help me. I got up and went in to see the doctor and he told me to listen to the attendee John who just told me he wouldn't help me unless I got what he offered. I stormed out and on the way was insulted by some crass remarks about my insuranace "MediCal" which had to do with the fact that I am poor and that I should suffer the consequences for it. I turned and told John he was a first class A hole and left. I am so mad and I want justice...Can you advise.
Jack Freeman
M Vernon

Rancho Mirage, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

They ask for you SS# over the phone before you even go in. I provided all insurance info and cannot freely give out a SS# like that.

I'll go elsewhere before I hand out such info.
David Oliveras

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Jack Freeman wrote:
Last year I ordered a pair of bifocal glasess from a Dr. Richard Kraus. The attendant John sold me this pair of galsses that have a sunglass attachment even though I thought it strange for bifocals to come with a suglass, he pushed them on me and so I bought them...after they came I tried them on and told the attendant there was blurring and they seemed off, they told me I needed to wear them a couple of weeks...still the same problem later and I called and was made to feel I was the problem so I resorted to wearing an old pair until I could get a new doctor to check my eyes...finally when my insuranced allowed me to see a new doctor I went in and got a new presription and showed the doctor the pair from Dr. Richard Krauss..they were off enough to cause the problems I was having and it wasn't all in my head like they tried to tell me. I took the pair back to them and asked them to replace the lens and again they tried to get me to take what they wanted and I got upset and said I just wanted a plain lens. He tossed the glasses at me and told me he counldn't help me. I got up and went in to see the doctor and he told me to listen to the attendee John who just told me he wouldn't help me unless I got what he offered. I stormed out and on the way was insulted by some crass remarks about my insuranace "MediCal" which had to do with the fact that I am poor and that I should suffer the consequences for it. I turned and told John he was a first class A hole and left. I am so mad and I want justice...Can you advise.
Jack Freeman
Jack, you're not alone. This guy kept my glasses in his office for over a week without calling me because my number is 323 not 760. I'll never go into that store again and will tell everyone I know about my experience. He won't be in business long with this kind of attitude.
John Johnson

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

I am not sure about what happened here. I have been a patient of Dr. Kraus starting in 1981. He and his staff have always been very patient and professional. Dr. Kraus has been in business since the early 1970's. It has been my experience that he treats you as an individual vs. being a number at the retail outlets like Sam's Costco or Walmart. I feel that your experience was a randum event and I have many, many times recommended Dr. Kraus to friends and family members and have never had any negative feed back.
McKenzie

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

My daughter and I are new patients of Dr. Richard Kraus. I have nothing bad to say about him and his staff. He is a very good eye doctor and we enjoyed our visit. He went over and beyond services, he assisted my daughter with her request and mine as well.
There were no problems with being pushed or persuaded in deciding what kind of frames I need. I was able to take my time and choose what I wanted.
I have read these other reviews, it is sad to hear that they did not have the same experience as my daughter and I.
But people have to remember, nobody is perfect, and there will always be people that can not be satisfied no matter how well the service is and there are professionals out there that can cause bad service. You have to take the good with the bad reviews, this only how one improves customer service.:)
RAC

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Dr. Richard Kraus was MOST UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

He seemed only interested in SALES of frames and lens that profited him (he even said that it was how he kept his office open).* VERY SLOPPY ... he dropped several items to the floor during my eye exam, including one of the lens' from my own frames.

I will most certainly have another exam by a more professional and qualified eye doctor, before replacing my lens. Sadly, my appointment with Dr. Kraus was a waste of my time, copay, and whatever the charges he bills my insurance company.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 35 min AMan 149
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Changes 200,321
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 5 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Jul 19 Ted 1
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••