Desert Hot Springs eyed as proposed j...

Desert Hot Springs eyed as proposed jail site

There are 6 comments on the Desert Sun story from Jan 20, 2009, titled Desert Hot Springs eyed as proposed jail site. In it, Desert Sun reports that:

Desert Hot Springs has emerged as a possible alternative location for Riverside County's proposed 7,200-bed jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Desert Sun.

Mary Isbell

Coachella, CA

#1 Jan 22, 2009
Once again the Desert Hot Springs City Council and their management team cannot see beyond the dollar signs. Is Desert Hot Springs included in the mythical "gateway" of Palm Springs or just a poor stepchild? Hello we are out here.

City Manager Rick Daniels touting a "huge benefit" for economic development via jobs and new businesses is living in a dreamland. With the police department unable to adequately control the current crime and drug dens, this only adds another safety problem.

I am not willing to bet my life, the lives of my family or friends and/or overall property values to have a prison in this close a vicinity to our town and neighborhoods. Get real and find an option that doesn't continue to drag down this city's already battered reputation.
Not stupid

Pomona, CA

#2 Jan 22, 2009
A prison, not a jail, right next to one of Time magazines most drug infested areas in the world.
At least their Meth will be fresh and they won't have to worry about where to hide if they escape.
This proposal is as Asinine as anything this Misguided city has every come up with. This town has been fleeced by everyone who's every run it. As corrupt as this town is, maybe the prison might be a good idea, so the politicians can pick out a good cell early. Let's make sure it is closest to the councilmembers residences.
Mary Isbell

Coachella, CA

#3 Jan 22, 2009
I continue to find additional reasons to speak out against this dumb idea. Has anyone thought about the type of prison visitors that will swarm into the area?
When the prison inmates riot will Desert Hot Springs City Council and their management team hit the national news as the dumbest little city on earth?
When a prisoner escapes will the City Council and their management team proclaim it "Take a Prisoner to Work Day" by voice vote?
Mary Isbell

Coachella, CA

#4 Jan 26, 2009
Courthouse is in Indio. How about we build the prison close to the courthouse? Jobs? Do they still require background checks for employees who work at a prison? Hopefully, there will be one or two council members that can see beyond the dollar signs and look at the pitfalls. Vote against this irresponsible proposal.
im as Stupid as they come

AOL

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Who Wrote the Countys Tourism FLAWED impact STUDY ?! it Claims the Median {Prison Visitor} has an income of $ 79000 & That each of the 150000 Visitors a year, Will Spend a night in the local Hotels..$$$ It looks like Our Tax Dollars are Being MISSPENT AGAIN !?
Id like to Know How Much $$$$ Was spent on this Impact Report ? Who Wrote it? & Where their Data Came from ? Who Paid Whom to write This ?! According To DR. Phillip King, The Median income of Riverside county is $54,000 & MANY people visiting County Jails have even LOWER incomes.

Note: Riverside Countys Tourism impact "study" Made Their Income an issue, Not Me ! Their The ONES Tossing US A Bone , In Hopes Of getting OUR Approval & VOTES Again !

The Riverside County Study Claims, The PRISON, will bring needed dollars to the valley....
The Voters Have SPOKEN, WE DONT WANT A PRISON! nor its Dollars !
To toss us such an obvious bone,{$$$$$$} Makes many of us think, Whos REALLY in Line Collecting Some $$$$$$?
Mary

AOL

#6 Jan 22, 2011
It Seems Obvious To Many Of us that the Locale at the 60 & i 215, is more Obviously Centrally located..... Why Do these County supervisors, especially Benoit seem so invested in a PRISON at the mouth of Palm Springs ?!?$$$$$$? Somethings Wrong With This picture ! The Flawed Tourism Impact Study........ The Insistance that the PRISON VISITORS will Bring $$$$ into the Valley ?
The trumping UP of the Median income of a prison Visitor ?
Somethings Not Right , i.M.O. in the Thinking Of OUR COUNTY SUPERVISIORS MIND..... I voted for you to work for us, NOT AGAINST US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: SunLine Transit Agency May 20 SUNLINE TRANSIT A... 5
Review: Taco Bell May 20 PALM SPRINGS TACO... 1
Review: Palm Springs Transit Center May 20 PALM SPRINGS TRAN... 1
Review: Carl's Jr/Green Burrito May 20 Carls Jr Green Bu... 1
Review: Sizzler Restaurant May 19 SIZZLER PALM SPRINGS 1
Review: Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen May 19 POPEYES PALM SPRINGS 1
Review: Rubio's Mexican Grill May 19 RUBIOS PALM SPRINGS 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance