How many other parents are walking on...

How many other parents are walking on "gay-eggshells"?

Posted in the Palm Springs Forum

“"Anytime a married man sees a ”

Since: May 12

beautiful, he feels cheated"

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Is it just me or do you believe you need to walk on "eggshells" around you gay son or daughter?

I'm not allowed to make light-hearted jokes about it but my gay son is. I'm not allowed to raise any questions designed to keep my son safe - gay or straight - my concerns apply equally to my straight son. I'm not allowed to make suggestions regarding anything "gay" at any level. I'm not allowed to ask questions about his friends or who he hangs out with. I could go on and on.

I told my son he is playing the "gay card" way too much with me, and just because hes gay doesn't mean he isn't accountable for things, or that my everyday concerns, and the reality of him being gay aren't valid. I'm still his mother, and I say hes "not allowed" to disregard my position of just being a mom...(not the mom of a gay son!) Its like hes "in the closet" with ONLY me!

I'm not even allowed to tell him how proud I am of him without him thinking it has something to do with him being gay! Are you a parent of a gay child that makes you believe its inappropriate to even acknowledge his own decision to "come out". I'm frustrated, and it isn't fair that the "gay" issue is thrown in my face as a catch-all excuse to not address things that don't even apply to his sexual preference! This is bullshit, and there must be other parents out there that understand what I'm trying to say.

Speak on it please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teens protest legislation (Mar '06) Sun Red Foreman 237
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Jan 21 insanity becomes me 29
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Jan 10 Aunt Deb 52
I'm gay too Jan 8 SeanDom 3
News Here's The Big Problem With Electric Cars Elon ... Jan 3 SnottyGurl 3
News Tesla puts car charging station in Fort MacLeod Jan 3 SnottyGurl 1
News CRIMESTOPPERS: Coachella Valley's Most Wanted (Jul '08) Jan 3 Curios 7

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance