|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Certified AOD Counselor wrote:
The problem, if Prop. 19 passes (and I am one of the "YES" votes!), will be that EVERY city and county in the state will have to make a decision as to whether marijuana can be sold or cultivated or possessed, within their local jurisdiction! That means ALL 58 Counties, PLUS ALL 481 incorporated cities in CA, will have to decide if marijuana is "legal" at a SPECIFIC local level. Some cities will still say no to it, for the revenue that citing people for possessing it, or growing it "illegally" will bring.
It will be interesting to see WHERE in CA, marijuana will be "legal" 1 year after Election Day!
CORRECTION - If Prop 19 passes - it will be legal in ALL of California, period. Similar to the current dispensary system - any city may choose to permit sales or not. Here is the catch you may not be aware of - cities that do not allow dispensaries - CAN NOT disallow delivery services so voters are not disenfranchised. The law of the land prevails, despite local ordinances whether or not to allow store fronts, growing operations, etc. Currently any medical marijuana grow operations are dictated by state law 12 immature/6 mature plants per MMJ patient, other counties provide for a 99 plant maximum. They can't say no to growing or smoking within the confines of your home - if Prop. 19 passes - they can only regulate sales and public conduct, for MMJ patients currently it's still legal - and delivery services can make it available in areas where areas where Cities in California have tried to disenfranchise voters and prohibitionists nearly got their way.
Hypo Crites

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Just growing

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Pot buyers add more than $1M to Colorado tax coffers, and growing.

Where is California on this?
Jesus Christ

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

People seem to not realize that we're with THC Receptors. Adn the Government continuelly lies to you to retard your consciousness and awareness.

While responsible smoking is encouraged, the ignorance of this conflict with the "War on THC" is old, and tired.

It's not the same as being Drunk, or High on some other narcotic or drug.

Rest Easy, and be pain free with smoking THC.

Two images for your thought provoking pleasure:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/default/files/...

=

http://wordlesstech.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Believe. God is Good, Amen.

~Jesus
www[dot]meshedetch[dot]com
Just growing

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

February 2014

Pot buyers add more than $1M to Colorado tax coffers, and growing.

They might in order to buy more water.
Casanova

Santa Paula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Listen George you used to smoke it yourself you just admitted to breaking the law yourself, you're no better than anyone getting high these days. You're a hypocrite! Get your head out of your ass before making commentary. You should be charged for your consumption based on the date. Punishment was worse then and you need prison time so that you can rethink what you've just said. At this point you have nothing to consider asan ex user,period. So do us all a favor and shut the f-up!
George D Horwitz wrote:
I long ago stopped using marijuana, so I am only commenting as a disinterested observer at this point,but there are I think two things worth considering.
1.) Pot's presently against the law, so anyone using it is breaking the law. So if millions of Americans are out breaking that law, might they not be easily led to breaking other laws? I do not favor having such a lax attitude for the law.
Many people think laws are stupid and they break them. Slippery slope.
2.) If we decriminalize marijuana, that might lead to less criminal activity. It might not, but it might.
For twelve years, alcohol was illegal in the United States, and this gave rise to a gangster class we now call The Mafia. It also lead to a more accepting attitude among previously law-abiding citizens toward criminal activities like drug dealing, hiring imigrants without papers, fraudulent lending, tax evasion, the whole enchilada. Many Americans engage in some form of criminal activity, and I am not convinced that changing the rules governing pot will change our attitude at this late date.
Significant opponents of pot law reform include the folks who make beer and liquor.
Just growing

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

February 2014

Pot buyers have add more than $1M to Colorado tax coffers, and growing.

They might in order to buy more water.
God

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Jesus Christ wrote:
Believe. God is Good, Amen.
~Jesus
www[dot]meshedetch[dot]com
No I'm not; I'm dead. You're just stoned.
Tax man

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Is it the tax man who is making all the noise?
Jfrazier

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

tinamo wrote:
I am voting no. Have just a couple of basic questions? Who will be going to their homes to measure the regulated grow? Department of Agriculture? How are these users really going to keep the weed away from their kids and their friends? What breathalyzer test are we going to use when some one is under the influence and driving?
see uneducated people like u still call it weed its MEDICINE get it straight and u must have a very low IQ cause they don't make a breathalyzer for it . It's called a field sobriety test and let me guess your probably one of the people turning people in for growing there own medicine. If it isn't hurting u personally than why should u care . That's the problem these days everybody has to worry about everyone else and what there doing instead of just worrying about themselves .
Oiled

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

It's all about the oil.
Abner Kravitz

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Jfrazier wrote:
<quoted text>see uneducated people like u still call it weed its MEDICINE get it straight and u must have a very low IQ cause they don't make a breathalyzer for it . It's called a field sobriety test and let me guess your probably one of the people turning people in for growing there own medicine. If it isn't hurting u personally than why should u care . That's the problem these days everybody has to worry about everyone else and what there doing instead of just worrying about themselves .
With English as bad as yours, you shouldn't be commenting on anyone else's IQ.
Kravitz

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Go with the flow and put your cramp-ons in the cell.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

God wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not; I'm dead. You're just stoned.
If dead implies not-good, then good implies not-dead. So good people are immortal. Nice! Thanks God!
Season

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

In door growing season goes all year long.
God

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
If dead implies not-good, then good implies not-dead. So good people are immortal. Nice! Thanks God!
You're welcome, my son. I can see that you're not stoned. Either that or you've got some really good s*#t.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

well wrote:
<quoted text> you're an idiot. The myth of the "pusher man" tempting young children to ply his wares is virtually nonexistent in reality. The 1 in a 1000 drug dealers of any kind that do this are gangbangers and despised by all, including 999 of a 1000 users, your kid is more likely to get molested by his priest than pushed to sell or try drugs by anyone othr than their own peers. The only reason a pot dealer doesn't want legalization is because a store with a hundred different kinds of dank, even at higher prices, cuts into his business, even if he has fireweed, because he only has a couple to 3 or 4 kinds on hand. Any dealer that makes it past a month knows that quality and fair deals are the only way to stay in business without eventually getting shot or robbed, or even ratted out. You people with book educations on something you have zero first hnd knowledge of are why prohibition of pot ever happened. The first like you bought into the whole "reefer madness" hype and STARTED prohibition because of it, and have NEVER accepted the science that debunks the whole premise behind it. Nope, kiddies shouldn't smoke pot. NOBODY IS SAYING THEY SHOULD, not even your mythological "pusher". You're right that prohibition feeds illegal activity, but bass ackwards on why anyone ever began it.
well.

Yours is an argument that is regularly made. I don't know the benefits of illegal mind rotting pot because I never tried it. Even so, I cannot help but be reminded that CVS yielded to Big Government pressure to quit selling beneficial tobacco products, while at the same time it continues to to hook children and women on "sugar highs" by selling obesity related candy and soft drinks.

It has always been the dream of the zonked out dysfunctional 60s 70s era revolutionary generation and their idiot "love children" *(now in power)* to have Big Government use hard earned tax money to provide them "free" taxpayer funded pot. With the "legalization" of that noxious weed, that day may not be far off.

It is not beyond the realm of imagination to believe that CVS foresees the day when it will be able to make far more profits for its stockholders by selling taxpayer supplied pot that is paid for with tax moneys that are funneled through the various Government "health" schemes than they have ever made from the sale of tobacco products - the price of which is almost entirely Government tax.

Ronald
Mo Growers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

California needs more growers.

“No User serviceable”

Since: Aug 08

parts inside.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Mo Growers wrote:
California needs more growers.
And not of the cartel-variety.
Mo Growers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Can't keep up with the demand either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 54 min liberalism in your face 200,366
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 12 hr Tounge inside Pussie Hole 655
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Thu Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE