Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Because something happens in the Netherlands does that mean it's a model for USA? Do we have 99% of the same race? Why did you leave out that the Netherlands is a major producer and leading distributor of heroin, cocaine, amphetamines and other synthetic drugs? Yeah kids are now not doing as much pot but into more heroin....Great!
They have less consumption on all drugs. They have made pot quasi-legal, to be able to fight more seriously the other "real" drugs. But eventually, like in my country, they have add evidence that legalizing heroin and cocaine makes the consumption of those products much less healthier, and diminishing.
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How out of touch with the real world! Were you homeschooled in order to collect silly ideas? Most kids actually try to take alchol because they see it as being grown up. Teens actually attempt to be more grown up and try to imitate them. Ever heard of the phrase, "growing up to fast", or just far in your ignorance and folly?
This is contrary to the facts. Alcohol was bad and sold everywhere during prohibition. Yes so me kids will imitate adults and smoke pot, but most will not, or just occasionally. Nothing like the kids conusmption in Canada, France, or USA where prohibition makes the kids the direct target of the criminals. Some book have been written on this. No serious experts doubts this. It is logical, predictible and confirmed.
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you babbling about? That North Korea has better health care? You might want to put down that bong and read the shit you write.
I expressed myself poorly. Sorry. I meant only that the US politics on health was worst than the North Korean politics in general. At least the North Korean suffer consciously of this; in the US, people have been almost successfully brainwashed. They believe in "drugs". A drug is a medication made illegal so that it can be sold to kids, without price nor quality controls. Prohibition is the problem, not the medication. It has made the state into a drug dealer, without competitors.

"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are&#65279; the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson
Skippy

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Skippy says: get out of towners are just pests they just make a mess.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have less consumption on all drugs. They have made pot quasi-legal, to be able to fight more seriously the other "real" drugs. But eventually, like in my country, they have add evidence that legalizing heroin and cocaine makes the consumption of those products much less healthier, and diminishing.
Is pot completely legal in Netherlands? Last time I checked, you have to stay in the coffee shop. There is a huge concern in the Netherlands for rapid drug use. After allowing marijuana to be sold in certain cafes, the Government of the Netherlands reconsidered its legalization policy. Consumption of marijuana had nearly tripled from 15 to 44% among 18-20 year olds. Despite the Dutch Government’s policy to provide “medical” marijuana to patients through pharmacies, many individuals have chosen to obtain their marijuana through cafes. Part of the problem with the Dutch policy is that the price of pharmaceutical grade marijuana is prohibitive. After years of support for cannabis cafes, the Dutch Government is having second thoughts. The number of Dutch marijuana coffeehouses dropped from 1179 in 1997 to 782 in 2002—decreasing 34% in five years. And 73% of Dutch towns do not allow cannabis cafes. Mayor of Maastricht Pushes Cannabis Cafes to Edge of City: According to a New York Times article,“the mayor (of Maastricht) wants to move most of the city's 16 licensed cannabis clubs to the edge of town, preferably close to the border”(with Belgium and Germany). Mayor Gerd Leers is reacting to growing concerns among residents who “complain of traffic problems, petty crime, loitering and public urination. There have been shootings between Balkan gangs. Maastricht's small police force…is already spending one-third of its time on drug-related problems.” Cannabis clubs have drawn “pushers of hard drugs from Amsterdam, who often harass people on the streets.”

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Tolerant drug policies in Switzerland have resulted in an influx of drug users. In 1987, the Swiss Government permitted drug use and sales in a part of Zurich called Platzspitz, or “Needle Park.” By 1992, over 20,000 drug users congregated in the park, and the surrounding areas were overrun with crime. The park has been shut down and the experiment has been terminated.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The aggressive decriminalization effort in Canada has resulted in the highest levels of pot use in 25 years. The Canadian Government released a report indicating that marijuana usage had increased to the same levels as the late 1970's. Kids were getting mixed messages about the dangers of marijuana during the 1990's when the decriminalization discussion was going on. According to the November 24, 2004 Canada Addiction Survey, marijuana use among Canadians has doubled since 1994. A decade earlier, 7.4% of respondents indicated they had used marijuana; usage levels are currently 14%. The study also indicates that there has been an increase in the number of Canadians using an injectable drug: the number rose from 132,000 in 1994 to 269,000 in 2004.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

In Ireland, the number of children treated for mental disorders caused by smoking cannabis has quadrupled since the government downgraded the legal status of the drug, according to an article in the Sunday Times (September 18, 2005). Addaction, an Irish drug charity, told the Times that “three months after police stopped arresting anyone found in possession of small amounts of the drug, the overall number of users treated for such conditions rose 42%.”

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
I expressed myself poorly. Sorry. I meant only that the US politics on health was worst than the North Korean politics in general. At least the North Korean suffer consciously of this; in the US, people have been almost successfully brainwashed. They believe in "drugs". A drug is a medication made illegal so that it can be sold to kids, without price nor quality controls. Prohibition is the problem, not the medication. It has made the state into a drug dealer, without competitors.
"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are&#65279; the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson
I don't know if you have been here lately, but I can freely choose what foods to buy and eat and I can refuse to take any medication. What's next? the hitler rants?
Controling

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

This is a posting from a RACISTS from which so many belong to groups controling the SGV cities.

I don't judge people based on race, creed, color or gender.

I judge people based on spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is contrary to the facts. Alcohol was bad and sold everywhere during prohibition. Yes so me kids will imitate adults and smoke pot, but most will not, or just occasionally. Nothing like the kids conusmption in Canada, France, or USA where prohibition makes the kids the direct target of the criminals. Some book have been written on this. No serious experts doubts this. It is logical, predictible and confirmed.
No, kids anyday could try to get access to criminals just as much without it. Kids go to drugs when illegal for illegal reasons and would in any case also go to criminal gangs, it wouldn't stop it!
stone cold steve austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, kids anyday could try to get access to criminals just as much without it. Kids go to drugs when illegal for illegal reasons and would in any case also go to criminal gangs, it wouldn't stop it!
why don't you ban hamburgers and fried chicken 2litter sodas these are worse than any drug

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the constitution before you post stuff like this, we won’t elect right wing moron, that can only gain votes by bribing the population with tax cuts
we have already seen what that gets us
I agree that Obama is only a mediocre president, that has not cleaned up the GOP mess nearly fast enough, we need someone that will be more aggressive than Obama
I know. you want a mexican president leading the usa. right?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

stone cold steve austin wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you ban hamburgers and fried chicken 2litter sodas these are worse than any drug
drugs make you brain dead. so, how is that better than eating junk food?

look around you for heaven sake. our laws are not enforced anymore because everybody has a different take on them. they are "gray" so to speak. so, essentially their is no "rule of law" anymore.

then, when the chaos increases like with the school killings, the liberals wonder what happened?

it's bush's fault. yeah. right?

brain dead drug users.
Redux

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The tin foil out of towners are posting again here.
sad

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Weed is for lamos
MarginsCall

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

With all the basting, I thought this already cooked.

Maybe a little more 'oil' could be cooked up and added?
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
drugs make you brain dead. so, how is that better than eating junk food?
look around you for heaven sake. our laws are not enforced anymore because everybody has a different take on them. they are "gray" so to speak. so, essentially their is no "rule of law" anymore.
then, when the chaos increases like with the school killings, the liberals wonder what happened?
it's bush's fault. yeah. right?
brain dead drug users.
Bad drugs makes brain dead. Like alcohol and smoked tobacco, most legal antidepressant.
Good drugs are good for your health, like cannabis, salvia, mushrooms, etc.
Prohibition makes bad drugs legal, and good drugs illegal. It is normal, when health is nationalized, like with prohibition, the state loss money when the patient is cured. It is logic.

Legalize all drugs and tax them proportionally to the problem they cause, using standard correct statistical procedures. The public will quickly see the difference between bad and good drugs.
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It did when we stopped alcohol prohibition. Why shouldn't this happens when we stop all medication prohibition?
Bruno24

Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Tolerant drug policies in Switzerland have resulted in an influx of drug users. In 1987, the Swiss Government permitted drug use and sales in a part of Zurich called Platzspitz, or “Needle Park.” By 1992, over 20,000 drug users congregated in the park, and the surrounding areas were overrun with crime. The park has been shut down and the experiment has been terminated.
It has not. the park was a bad idea, but they have install other procedure. You cite studies by opponents to drugs, not the most objective one. prohibition is responsible for this type of perpetual misinformation. Also, decriminalization is a red herring. Only full prohibition stop will work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 33 min truth-facts 4,894
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 3 hr Rayan 4
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr RiccardoFire 200,358
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 15 hr Nose Jobs 641
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••