19,283 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Republican Hag

La Puente, CA

#12936 Nov 12, 2012
Ann Coulter Invited was Then was Uninvited to Speak at University in New York state.(good move on there part).

Did University campus Republicans bow to social pressure, or simply see the "error" of their ignorant ways?

Since Ann Coulter is nothing but a dingle dong, with no top floor working.
Happy Thanksgiving

Santa Cruz, CA

#12937 Nov 12, 2012
Rethumpedlicans wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know about the old testiment.
but I can see where you are coming from.
but the only alter im trying to coax anyone towards???
is the alter of sanity...
It's a great idea and an old story. Maybe that was my point.
I hope I don't sound too much like a zealot, and I won't preach or offer spoilers if you do want to read it.
It seems like you can already guess how it ends.
DeadBeatRepublic an

La Puente, CA

#12938 Nov 12, 2012
Lets see if the Republicans & Tea Bagges are going to act like Dead Beats, or should I say act like Grove Norquist's children of the damned?

The United States Congress Will return November 13, 2012 Tuesday to a crowded agenda of unfinished business.

Overshadowed by the urgent need for President Barack Obama and lawmakers to avert the economic double hit of tax increases and automatic spending cuts.

Go ahead Grover Norquist children in Congress, he has nothing to lose but yu all do, so are you feeling lucky punks?
Happy Thanksgiving

Santa Cruz, CA

#12939 Nov 12, 2012
I can see the appeal to delight in certain peoples failures- especially when they have created no other environment from which to learn but failure.
But at the end of the day the brutal irony is that we either learn to work together or call one another's unrelenting calamity our "success".
TurboGarden

La Puente, CA

#12940 Nov 12, 2012
Use one of these to plow your outdoor garden.

http://thebubble.msn.com/video/...

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#12941 Nov 12, 2012
Rethumpedlicans wrote:
<quoted text>
there are no studies that prove marijuana smoke causes cnacer to those who inhale the smoke directly??...how could marijuana cause cancer??
can you cite some study??
there have been studies like that, conducted for tobacco usage...
cancer is mainly caused by smoking all the hundreds of dangerous chemicals that are pulped into the tobacco...after they mash it..
then they shred it?? and roll it up!!
studies?

it's commonsense. you put smoke in your lungs. you put something that is not suppose to be in there. you irritate them. you get cancer. it's that simple.

another thing.. people who smoke marijuana usually also smoke tobacco. it goes hand in hand. get it?..SMOKING.

so, it follows that the cancer is probably caused just as much by the tobacco as it is by the marijuana.

..going back to the studies. the main study that the pro-marijuana clan push for legalizing casual marijuana use is the one made by donald tashkin. http://www.dailysmoker.com/blog/top-anti-drug...

have you looked at a picture of the guy?..honestly, look at the guy... he looks like a marijuana smoker himself.

so tell me. would you believe anything a drug addict tells you? drug addicts will lie, steal, and cheat to get their next high. and they don't give a rat's ass about anything or anybody else.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#12942 Nov 12, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So now it is you telling others what is good for them, glad you got that straightened out.
Can you explain what you meant by "control it". You write nonsense then run from it, why is that? Because of the fragility of a Leftist's ego, anything that threatens it is intolerable and provokes rage.
DuwWats

La Puente, CA

#12943 Nov 12, 2012
Right wangers are on the lose tonight, again.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#12944 Nov 12, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
studies?
it's commonsense. you put smoke in your lungs. you put something that is not suppose to be in there. you irritate them. you get cancer. it's that simple.
another thing.. people who smoke marijuana usually also smoke tobacco. it goes hand in hand. get it?..SMOKING.
so, it follows that the cancer is probably caused just as much by the tobacco as it is by the marijuana.
..going back to the studies. the main study that the pro-marijuana clan push for legalizing casual marijuana use is the one made by donald tashkin. http://www.dailysmoker.com/blog/top-anti-drug...
have you looked at a picture of the guy?..honestly, look at the guy... he looks like a marijuana smoker himself.
so tell me. would you believe anything a drug addict tells you? drug addicts will lie, steal, and cheat to get their next high. and they don't give a rat's ass about anything or anybody else.
so no studies?/ huh??

from your side of the arguement I mean...

your clumping everyone together??

how is that fair?/

how do you know the difference between how weed or tobacco effects your lungs??/ do you have any studies?? NO??

ciggarettes are full of ADDED carcinogens.....while weed is pure and natural.

and they just legalized it in two states....so you haters are losing.

if anything??....those chemys cause the cancer.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#12945 Nov 12, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain what you meant by "control it". You write nonsense then run from it, why is that? Because of the fragility of a Leftist's ego, anything that threatens it is intolerable and provokes rage.
instead of talking tax policy??

this is your frustrated(loser) rant.....

rage and ego??

yours is coming out.....youve come back from benghazi, now come back to the meat and potatoe issues, most important to middle class america.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#12946 Nov 12, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
so no studies?/ huh??
from your side of the arguement I mean...
your clumping everyone together??
how is that fair?/
how do you know the difference between how weed or tobacco effects your lungs??/ do you have any studies?? NO??
ciggarettes are full of ADDED carcinogens.....while weed is pure and natural.
and they just legalized it in two states....so you haters are losing.
if anything??....those chemys cause the cancer.
actually, I'm so confident that marijuana is bad for you that I'm willing to let you users have it your way for a while.

the way I see it, good riddance.

when the shit hits the fan, it'll be easy to just take the money off you bums. it'll be easy money.

get it? while you smokers are drunk from the marijuana, I'll just club you over the head and take your money. it'll be fun. like a turkey shoot. can't wait for it to be legalized.

studies? there are many. but hey. why bother to list them when you drug addicts won't read them?
Bruno24

Brussels, Belgium

#12947 Nov 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>More BS and nonsense. Smoking anything is not good for your lungs. I should have the right to breath smoke free air. people smoking weed often breathe very deeply, and hold the smoke in their lungs for a length of time. This way of smoking allows the carcinogens to have prolonged contact with the cells of the lungs.
marijuana smoke acts as an irritant to the lung tissue, which can cause a cough and an increased production of mucus. The irritants may also prevent the lungs from clearing infectious agents, increasing the frequency of lung infections.
smoking weed drastically increases heart rate by 20 to 100 percent. This increase in heart rate can last up to three hours
Smoking weed also may cause the heart to beat irregularly. Research has shown a definite link between heart disease and smoking marijuana. A study by S Jayanthi and colleagues from the National Institutes of Health on May 13, 2008 in the journal "Molecular Psychiatry" demonstrated the first link between smoking marijuana and heart disease. The researchers tested blood from multiple marijuana users and showed that they had high levels of a protein that is a proven risk factor for heart disease.
Want safe pot, consume it, don't smoke it.
What you say is not confirmed by the statistical studies, when done seriously. yes, the tar of pot contains dangerous product. No, this is not reflected in the population of smokers, and this can be explained by the strong anti-cancer agent that is also contained in the marijuana smoke. yes, smoke in the lungs is irritant, but the average quantity of smoke for a consumer of pot, without tobacco, is ridiculously small compared to cigarette smoking. In case of tobacco, it is easy to take it orally, but the oral consumption of cannabis transformed THC into 11-hydroxy THC, by the liver, and this is 12X more potent, and the effect last a much longer time, so many people prefer to smoke it because they control better the effect, and there is no problem with the lungs that has ever been associated with MJ. It is of course not 100% safe, but smoking cannabis is still safer than taking aspirin, consuming too much fruits, or breathing in most large cities, not talking about consuming alcohol or tobacco. Then the difficulty to convince the youth to not mix cannabis and tobacco is made virtually impossible by the prohibition and demonization of cannabis. Cannabis remains much safer than many legal products, both as a medication for many diseases, and as a recreative relaxant for handling the modern stressing struggle.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#12948 Nov 13, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I'm so confident that marijuana is bad for you that I'm willing to let you users have it your way for a while.
when the shit hits the fan, it'll be easy to just take the money off you bums. it'll be easy money.
get it? while you smokers are drunk from the marijuana, I'll just club you over the head and take your money. it'll be fun. like a turkey shoot. can't wait for it to be legalized.
studies? there are many. but hey. why bother to list them when you drug addicts won't read them?
I thought you might have something interesting to say....

I was wrong...

so youre straight?? and you are advocating a crime??

meanwhile?/ you call us a bunch of criminals??

WTF> you are major hypocrit.

get a clue....

the federal gvernment has all those drugs schedualed the same way for a reason.....and it has nothing to do with public health or saftey..

if it did? alcohol would be HIGHLY illegal.

and we all know how well that turned out....

about as well a 75 years of pot prohibition.

you say you cant wait for it to be legalized??

why is that?? when you are a major hater...??

it already has been legalized....

and you havnt "rolled" any stoners yet??

I postulate that you are a giant pussy who would never say a bad word to anyone for fear of being beat up.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#12949 Nov 13, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realize that marijuana doesnt get you "drunk" ??

if you reach into a sleeping stoners pocket...??
you are likely to wake him up....

at which time you will have to explain, why you are trying to get gay with him.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#12950 Nov 13, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say is not confirmed by the statistical studies, when done seriously. yes, the tar of pot contains dangerous product. No, this is not reflected in the population of smokers, and this can be explained by the strong anti-cancer agent that is also contained in the marijuana smoke. yes, smoke in the lungs is irritant, but the average quantity of smoke for a consumer of pot, without tobacco, is ridiculously small compared to cigarette smoking. In case of tobacco, it is easy to take it orally, but the oral consumption of cannabis transformed THC into 11-hydroxy THC, by the liver, and this is 12X more potent, and the effect last a much longer time, so many people prefer to smoke it because they control better the effect, and there is no problem with the lungs that has ever been associated with MJ. It is of course not 100% safe, but smoking cannabis is still safer than taking aspirin, consuming too much fruits, or breathing in most large cities, not talking about consuming alcohol or tobacco. Then the difficulty to convince the youth to not mix cannabis and tobacco is made virtually impossible by the prohibition and demonization of cannabis. Cannabis remains much safer than many legal products, both as a medication for many diseases, and as a recreative relaxant for handling the modern stressing struggle.
mixing weed and tobacco is more a euro thing.

we like our herbs straight....
Big D

Modesto, CA

#12951 Nov 13, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain what you meant by "control it". You write nonsense then run from it, why is that? Because of the fragility of a Leftist's ego, anything that threatens it is intolerable and provokes rage.
I was referring to your earlier comment about others trying to tell you what was "good for you" for you, when it is actually you that is trying to control it for others.

I donít happen to use or am I interested in using this substance for myself. But I have no desire to try and control what others are allowed to do.

I have never heard an argument against it, that could not also be applied to things that are legal.

I donít see a point in having a law just for the sake of having the law.
CareBear

La Puente, CA

#12952 Nov 13, 2012
The state of AZ has some of the worst voting laws in the nation.

A final tally of votes gave Democratic candidate Kyrsten Sinema the edge over her GOP rival to represent a new Phoenix-area district.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#12953 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to your earlier comment about others trying to tell you what was "good for you" for you, when it is actually you that is trying to control it for others.
I donít happen to use or am I interested in using this substance for myself. But I have no desire to try and control what others are allowed to do.
I have never heard an argument against it, that could not also be applied to things that are legal.
you just put your finger on the schizm between reality and fantasy.

riccardo, as he sees himself??

is a libertarian....

but that applies only to himself, and others who are "checked out" around him.... and he calls himself a patriot.?

but the rest of us are just a bunch of lazy "moochers"

that need welfare to survive.
Republic

La Puente, CA

#12954 Nov 13, 2012
Get informed by split pea: http://www.infowars.com/
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#12955 Nov 13, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So other people should be able to do what ever they want? You don't mind if your neighbor had a grow operation? And constantly smoking pot in their yard? Or crack? whatever? It's basically legal now with the medical pot, anyone over 21 can get a card. My point was smoking anything is not healthy. There are other ways to consume it. If legal, you will still have cops busting people growing it, I'm sure you won't be able to grow 100's of plants in your home. Cops will still be busting people selling it cheaper on the streets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26

Palm Springs Jobs

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]