California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,132

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Read more
Mt Pilot

Monrovia, CA

#5617 Jun 25, 2014
Opie is down at the lake fishing with Andy and could care less about some pin heads from M Pilot have to say!
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5618 Jun 25, 2014
The only way Opie is fishing with Andy is if the little pin-head went to Mt. Ivy, NC and robbed the grave. Propping a corpse up against a tree is a serious crime. Don't say I didn't warn you, Dik-Head.
Floyd the barber

San Francisco, CA

#5619 Jun 25, 2014
Actually, Opie couldn't care less. If he could care less, that would mean that he cares to some extent, and I don't think he does. At least that's the scuttlebutt I'm hearing in my shop.
Gommers

Monrovia, CA

#5620 Jun 25, 2014
It's all gone to Goomers
Gomers

Monrovia, CA

#5621 Jun 25, 2014
It's all gone to Gomers
Floyd the barber

San Francisco, CA

#5622 Jun 25, 2014
The whole Pyle?
Ethyl

Monrovia, CA

#5623 Jun 25, 2014
Gomer needs a hair cut so get on down to the garage and fill it up.

Since: May 14

Los Angeles, CA

#5624 Jun 25, 2014
No Matter! weather you use plastic bags or paper bags but everybody should know the recycling process.
Plastic ties

Monrovia, CA

#5625 Jun 25, 2014
Just tie them together.
Paper or plastic

San Francisco, CA

#5626 Jun 26, 2014
Are they still on the shelf above the dryer?
Mischa s Mom

Sonoma, CA

#5628 Jun 27, 2014
Hi,
I am not sure what to do about the dance moms in our group. They get trashed and force the 42 year old pool boy at JCC to perform unspeakables while under the influence of stuff filched fropm their husband's practice. They have films of this and show them on the net. I want to be a member of Mischa's circle and be friends with the other moms so I can get them to do stuff for me, and protect Mischa but I don't want any video evidence of any potential acts I might perform to surface later. How shall I proceed, here?
Plastic ties

Monrovia, CA

#5629 Jun 27, 2014
Just tie them together then you have a rope to lower yourself back down to the under world from wench you came from.
Lee Ella Bros

Sonoma, CA

#5631 Jun 27, 2014
Plastic ties wrote:
Just tie them together then you have a rope to lower yourself back down to the under world from wench you came from.
YOUSE GUYS IS EACH NURTZ. Tho the "wench" crack is cute. I wooda said "witch" came you?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5632 Jun 27, 2014
IsaacTyler wrote:
No Matter! weather you use plastic bags or paper bags but everybody should know the recycling process.
IsaacTyler.

Actually, there is a big difference between convenient plastic carry bags and tree killing paper carry bags. For example, some thrifty grocery shoppers evade paying the Lowenthal carry bag harassment tax by reusing plastic carry bags provided them while shopping in more "customer friendly" cities. When the shopper tries to get away with that in revolutionary Council controlled Long Beach, store security is immediately alerted by monitors of ever present spy cameras. Security then follows the shopper around, remarking some pleasantry to so the shopper is intimidated to "know he is being watched". This is particularly true of White shoppers who Council metes out the "just rewards" of retributive "justice" to for 500 years of enslaving the Africans.

Everyone knows Long Beach is home to one of the most radical of the entire Government university system.**(It seems the city's entire revolutionary ruling class use this unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded Government operated university as a means to "double" and "triple" dip.)** The plastic-paper "controversy" conforms to the revolutionary ideology that was developed, and which is actively promoted by rich taxpayer supported "professors" who indoctrinate the children in principles of revolutionary activism.

Incidentally, Issac. Recycling paper to make carry bags uses unbelievable amounts of scarce water resources, and heavily taxed cotton Lowenthal carry bags contribute to global warming because of the oil based fertilizer that must be put on the cotton growing fields.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/6smw34v

Ronald
Plastic ties

Monrovia, CA

#5633 Jun 27, 2014
As I said his could help clean up the forum a lot.

June Beam

Pecan Gap, TX

#5635 Jun 27, 2014
There is a very simple solution to the bag problem. I've been doing it for several years now and it not only eliminates the bag pollution problem, but it also improves my health. When I go to the grocery store I try to park as close as I can to the entrance and then I leave the car doors unlocked. I'll usually be buying 20 or 30 items, so when I get ready to check out, I get in the line that's close to the exit door. As the checker is ringing up my items, I'll grab as many as I can hold and run from the checkout stand to my car and dump them on the floor; then run back inside to the checkout stand and grab another arm load and run back to the car. When everything is in the car, I go back inside and pay for my purchases. I always do my shopping at the same store, so they're familiar with my procedure and they're good with it. And when I say, "run," I'm not talking jogging, I'm talking full out sprinting. When I first started doing this, I weighed 147 pounds. Now I weigh 113 pounds. So you see, I look fit and I get a good Cardio workout and perspire a bit on warm days while helping to keep the environment clean. If I can do that (I'm a 43 year old woman) then you can do it too. Just be careful. I accidently knocked down an elderly lady on one occasion and we don't want to be doing that.
ZZZzz

Hemet, CA

#5636 Jun 27, 2014
cute visions of mass chaos.
Spelt with JZ

Monrovia, CA

#5637 Jun 27, 2014
Spelt with JZ and all gooie too.
Bob

Sonoma, CA

#5639 Jun 28, 2014
June Beam wrote:
There is a very simple solution to the bag problem. I've been doing it for several years now and it not only eliminates the bag pollution problem, but it also improves my health. When I go to the grocery store I try to park as close as I can to the entrance and then I leave the car doors unlocked. I'll usually be buying 20 or 30 items, so when I get ready to check out, I get in the line that's close to the exit door. As the checker is ringing up my items, I'll grab as many as I can hold and run from the checkout stand to my car and dump them on the floor; then run back inside to the checkout stand and grab another arm load and run back to the car. When everything is in the car, I go back inside and pay for my purchases. I always do my shopping at the same store, so they're familiar with my procedure and they're good with it. And when I say, "run," I'm not talking jogging, I'm talking full out sprinting. When I first started doing this, I weighed 147 pounds. Now I weigh 113 pounds. So you see, I look fit and I get a good Cardio workout and perspire a bit on warm days while helping to keep the environment clean. If I can do that (I'm a 43 year old woman) then you can do it too. Just be careful. I accidently knocked down an elderly lady on one occasion and we don't want to be doing that.
Ma & me been wantin to thanx you for them groceries. We come in the peeled taurus and always keep litlle stinker onna leesh so you dont got feared none. wen you first dumped them groceries in, we figured we gotta get gone on outta there as them was being took. Now we wait for the whole show. Thanx. Me & Ma.( could you may get some beer that is gluden free next time as ma is sensitive. Ya Piggly wiggly kroger.
rabuf

Garden Grove, CA

#5640 Jun 28, 2014
I am not sure about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Desert Hot Springs Mayor Proud Of Out Of State ... 19 hr Bob 6
Warning Douglas Tessitor lives in your town Mar 27 bees waxed 1
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Mar 26 its me daisy 53
Review: 1-800 Loanmart Mar 20 karl deshayes 1
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Mar 19 Martha 14
News Chinese tourists power-shopping in U.S. (Aug '13) Mar 7 Drgunzet 12
mature white women for young dark mature n sexy... Mar 4 Sean G 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web