California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
4,721 - 4,740 of 4,975 Comments Last updated Yesterday
So orginal

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

What's so original about idiots posting about dead issues?
Cisco Kid

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

PRUNELLA wrote:
HI MA!
The problems are many but the solution is one; A quick dirty, surgical war with some dum pluckers what dont expect it. The A-rabs expect it....so what about the philpines, ecuador, canada, alaska, england, or any place without too much sand. Then we can raise the price on everything so that what you acn afford won't require a bag. praise god and drink the other guys drink.
One must be careful choosing the location of the next war.

A really good war requires mud, decent looking women, places to get booze and an enemy that looks different than you.

Choose wisely, the last few wars have been rather inhospitable in some aspects.
Thanks in advance.
Cisco Kid

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

So orginal wrote:
You've asked yourself that question several times already.

Have you arrived at the answer yet?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

So orginal wrote:
So orginal.

Yes. I agree, but how do we answer those who say that Topix is plagued every summer with little White children making inane comments vying with the Africans for the title of "most stupid"? According to their reasoning, high paid taxpayer supported Government teachers are salaried, not hourly rate employees. It wouldn't cost any more to keep Government schools open year round.

Ronald
Front Row

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Stop with putting the ignorant people n the front row.
Front Row

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Stop with putting the ignorant people in the front row.
InDefenseOf

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Repeating comments are common here because this site jams your kypad to drop letters and mouse cick often not responsive. Some automatic spell correct.
I've left mistkes to show it in action while typing. site oftn loses posts. TOPIX site just said this post is innapropriate profane or offensive.
wil retry
mind your

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Just do the right thing and mind your own business.
Contrails

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

airspeed 2,193 mph
alTITude: 85,650 feet
heading: 43 dgrees NNW.

....huh?
what was that?
ONaCLEArDAy

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

you can see foreeeeevveeerrrrrr
...i'm havin a nice one :D
Spread more JOY!
use less baggs
Joe Schmo

San Luis Obispo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Isnt California Clearcutted from haveing trees and the only ones left are the ones being planted by the lumber yards and the people who choose to plant them?

Most Bags in Califronia are not made from Recycled Paper.

Paper Bags are not Waterproof.

Most Cities in California have an Air Pollution Problem.

Most Trees in California are Palm Trees otherwise they are making bags from Redwoods or Going out of State.
Joe Schmo

San Luis Obispo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Why dont the bags say Recycled Paper?
They dont have a unique symbol and they break easy..
Joe Schmo

San Luis Obispo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
So orginal.
Yes. I agree, but how do we answer those who say that Topix is plagued every summer with little White children making inane comments vying with the Africans for the title of "most stupid"? According to their reasoning, high paid taxpayer supported Government teachers are salaried, not hourly rate employees. It wouldn't cost any more to keep Government schools open year round.
Ronald
Not for nothing Hating the White People went out of Style. the hatred is in the Ignorance that is taught both physically and mentally. The white people did not sell slaves in most states. if this is the white people's country then how come it took the first 100 years to stop the trade of slaves. grow up.
Anyway why dont your precious Paper BAAGS have a recycled stamp on them? because your state is corrupt and you use redwoods to make paper bags not recycled paper. And paper bags are not waterproof. and why are all your cities dominant on the top 100 most Air Polluted Cities in the country. Because you have no IQ which means you are not Intelligent enough to have an opinion. Not for anything but California needs to become its own ignorant land with its own ignorant country because you speak computerized spanish on behalf of the government, where there isnt even a spanish population. drop dead. youre not an indian and you dont own hating the white people.
EvenAtThisSpEEd

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

the sound of the aircraft inside the cockpit can lull you to sleep
CaseInPoint

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

just ask Joe Schmo
Mail it

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Put the point in a suit case and mail it to the Wazz.
Wazz

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Slang - to blend, mx, emulsify
Joe has a VitaMix
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

Joe Schmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for nothing Hating the White People went out of Style. the hatred is in the Ignorance that is taught both physically and mentally. The white people did not sell slaves in most states. if this is the white people's country then how come it took the first 100 years to stop the trade of slaves. grow up.
Anyway why dont your precious Paper BAAGS have a recycled stamp on them? because your state is corrupt and you use redwoods to make paper bags not recycled paper. And paper bags are not waterproof. and why are all your cities dominant on the top 100 most Air Polluted Cities in the country. Because you have no IQ which means you are not Intelligent enough to have an opinion. Not for anything but California needs to become its own ignorant land with its own ignorant country because you speak computerized spanish on behalf of the government, where there isnt even a spanish population. drop dead. youre not an indian and you dont own hating the white people.
Joe Schmo.

I think I may agree with much of what you have written, but would you please cogently restate your position so that I may be sure?

Ronald
up up and away

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

The price is going up for carry on's and for that great TSA security groping perv's.
indigenous

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Schmo.
I think I may agree with much of what you have written, but would you please cogently restate your position so that I may be sure?
Ronald
...not too bright, but he's inspired.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Los Angeles 200,551
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 13 hr Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Mon Commander Bunny 8
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Sun Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247
City Attorney So Stupid He Makes the Papers Aug 10 Muckraker 1
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000